OL Stefen Wisniewski will visit the Jets today

jetscrazey

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The wording on this is very interesting. Remember when Matt Paradis visited and the Jets held off on an offer, because of Bell? I wonder if the Jets are delaying this because of Justin Houston? IMO, this is not good policy but it does show that Macc does not value the OL in terms of getting talent to play there. That may be complete folly 

There is no real talent out there anyway. Yes we need some more lineman but missing out on Wisniewski we aren't missing out on much. Have to draft lineman 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The fact that he hasn't been reported as having left the facility is a good sign. Hell even if he was he still could be signed. That's what happened with Poole

Damn, are they holding him hostage until he signs? Feels like he's been there a few days now. Macc isn't messing around. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The wording on this is very interesting. Remember when Matt Paradis visited and the Jets held off on an offer, because of Bell? I wonder if the Jets are delaying this because of Justin Houston? IMO, this is not good policy but it does show that Macc does not value the OL in terms of getting talent to play there. That may be complete folly 

They held back the offer from Paradis because he didn't want to live in the city... Greg V confirmed as much that Paradis was never coming to the Jets... The Jets were first to bring a verbal offer for him and Paradis expressed his desire to live in the country so the conversation never got pushed further than that and the Jets pulled their offer and moved on.

If the Jets are delaying giving him an offer its probably because he is asking too much and they will wait until his market comes down.

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He’s not the answer at starting C. But he is a good backup player because of his versatility and experience. Hopefully he is not forced to play but if he is, we could do a lot worse.

Unfortunately, not only did we need a starting LG and C, we also needed two backup iOL and a OT. And this doesn’t even include a future LT which we need. 

Well, you can see how the words, "he's a decent starter" don't match up with what you say here....

27 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

They held back the offer from Paradis because he didn't want to live in the city... Greg V confirmed as much that Paradis was never coming to the Jets... The Jets were first to bring a verbal offer for him and Paradis expressed his desire to live in the country so the conversation never got pushed further than that and the Jets pulled their offer and moved on.

If the Jets are delaying giving him an offer its probably because he is asking too much and they will wait until his market comes down.

How many Jets players live in the city?  I'd guess zero.

That’s quite a bit of conjecture there man.
Who said we held off on an offer for paradis because of bell? Why can’t we do two things at once? Do you think they were on the phone all day with bell and his agent?
It makes not a money thing since we had/have enough to sign both of we’d like.

I’m not getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

OK? This was not my theory, this was what was reported... You can argue with me that you can live in the suburbs of the city, but I am not his agent nor did it seem like Gary V (Huge Jets Fan) could change his mind. He said he wanted to live in the country and didn't want to live near the big city... his words... 

The false reports that the Jets never made an offer have been refuted and I was merely correcting that stupid narrative that doesn't want to go away even though its wrong.

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That’s quite a bit of conjecture there man.
Who said we held off on an offer for paradis because of bell? Why can’t we do two things at once? Do you think they were on the phone all day with bell and his agent?
It makes not a money thing since we had/have enough to sign both of we’d like.

I’m not getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This was already proven wrong ... Paradis was not coming to any 'Big City'. no matter what the money was

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This was already proven wrong ... Paradis was not coming to any 'Big City'. no matter what the money was

Right. I'm not sure of all the specifics, but it doesn't seem like it was really possible even though many of us wanted it to be so. 

Nj and ny area are pretty populated in comparison to alot of the country you don't have to live in the actual city for the place to feel like the city if where you grew up was a small farm town in the middle of the country. Not saying that this was the thought process or what happened or anything like that but I do understand that it can feel a bit overwhelming to live in an area like that if it is new to you

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

20 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Damn, are they holding him hostage until he signs? Feels like he's been there a few days now. Macc isn't messing around. 

It is the offense, offensive line too. A unit macs Ranks as important as special teams. He will over pay for anyone of defense, but only offers pennies on the dollar to Oline 

Archived