Adam Gase interview in Phoenix

Rsherman28

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000001024123/Adam-Gase-discusses-building-offense-around-Sam-Darnold-Le-Veon-Bell  

This is just a short clip, I wish it was longer but besides the crazy eyes, I really love the intensity and passion he has for offense. 

Not sure if Bowles was just such a lame with his staff selections but I feel like Jeremy Bates was so far behind this guy as far as the confidence in his preparation  and offensive scheme. 

Thanks. Chad needs to have a job in the Jets organiziation

I would like that but he has taken on the full responsibility for crating and building a high school football program in TN I believe. He’s so passionate about it. I’d bet he’s off the market for at least a decade or until the program grows legs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

I would like that but he has taken on the full responsibility for crating and building a high school football program in TN I believe. He’s so passionate about it. I’d bet he’s off the market for at least a decade or until the program grows legs

Didn't know that. Good for him. Class act.

8 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Didn't know that. Good for him. Class act.

Agreed.  I love me some Chad. Ever since we had the polarizing split between Chad fans and Vinny lovers! lol

C-mart vs. Lamont Jordan was the undercard. 

Those were the good times man. 

22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed.  I love me some Chad. Ever since we had the polarizing split between Chad fans and Vinny lovers! lol

C-mart vs. Lamont Jordan was the undercard. 

Those were the good times man. 

The Anti-Chad Militia ring a bell? lol

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Anti-Chad Militia ring a bell? lol

Not really, but I get it.  :)  I was on Rivals.com and the GreenHouse at the time so maybe that tag was here. 

You were in the Chad camp too? 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000001024123/Adam-Gase-discusses-building-offense-around-Sam-Darnold-Le-Veon-Bell  
This is just a short clip, I wish it was longer but besides the crazy eyes, I really love the intensity and passion he has for offense. 
Not sure if Bowles was just such a lame with his staff selections but I feel like Jeremy Bates was so far behind this guy as far as the confidence in his preparation  and offensive scheme. 

It’s too bad he’s not very good at coaching.

24:25:31

49 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not really, but I get it.  :)  I was on Rivals.com and the GreenHouse at the time so maybe that tag was here. 

You were in the Chad camp too? 

The GreenHouse days!  Now that's a blast from the past. I remember writing the pre-season game reports for Matt and the out of region members

9 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

The GreenHouse days!  Now that's a blast from the past. I remember writing the pre-season game reports for Matt and the out of region members

That's awesome!!!   Its hard to remember which guys were on there overall. We had quite the crew for a bit but it died down. I used to run the opening day tailgate party with Matt. I lived about 15 min from him so to worked out well. 

Good times! 

Glad you're here man!  There's quite a few of us on JN! 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's awesome!!!   Its hard to remember which guys were on there overall. We had quite the crew for a bit but it died down. I used to run the opening day tailgate party with Matt. I lived about 15 min from him so to worked out well. 

Good times! 

Glad you're here man!  There's quite a few of us on JN! 

I remember Matt, you, Tinstar  & SoFlaJetsFan. I'm sure there are a few more but I'm getting old lol

16 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I remember Matt, you, Tinstar  & SoFlaJetsFan. I'm sure there are a few more but I'm getting old lol

Right. Savage is here as is Hermanator but he goes by Nightstalker now.  there's a few more but like you said, the mind isn't quite as sharp these days. lol 

Goos stuff man. I'm glad we connected these dots. You made my day!  

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing but I would've enlisted had I known.

Actually, is it too late to join?

It was from another forum and it was a real thing.  A very real thing.

acm.jpg.49fb44a6f50b660a00181757a14d1d06.jpg

I can point you in the right direction but not sure that linking to another forum (even it's archive) is an appropriate thing.  Plenty of names you'd recognize though.

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I can point you in the right direction but not sure that linking to another forum (even it's archive) is an appropriate thing.  Plenty of names you'd recognize though.

What was Chad's line to reporters about how lucky they were to be able to be around him?  I would feel that same way to be around the Anti-Chad Militia day-in and day-out. 

(I don't really want the link btw.  lol)

3 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

You can be sure.  "Clueless Todd" picked a glorified Quarterbacks Coach, who took a 4 year hiatus, to be his offensive coordinator.   Jeremy Bates only previous experience as an offensive coordinator was a single season, 2008 under Pete Carrol, where he toiled under an offensive head coach.  It is doubtful that he had play calling responsibilities.

Adam Gase had three years experience as an Offensive Coordinator in two different  stops, Denver and Chicago, before becoming the Dolphags Head Coach.  While with Miami he maintained his Offensive Coordinator responsibilities, while calling the offensive plays.  He will maintain the same play calling duties with the Jets. Big difference in scope of responsibility and experience.  We'll see the difference in short order.  Bates was in over his head and it showed. 

Let's blame Mike Maccagnan.  It's his fault, isn't everything?

27 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You can be sure.  "Clueless Todd" picked a glorified Quarterbacks Coach, who took a 4 year hiatus, to be his offensive coordinator.   Jeremy Bates only previous experience as an offensive coordinator was a single season, 2008 under Pete Carrol, where he toiled under an offensive head coach.  It is doubtful that he had play calling responsibilities.

Adam Gase had three years experience as an Offensive Coordinator in two different  stops, Denver and Chicago, before becoming the Dolphags Head Coach.  While with Miami he maintained his Offensive Coordinator responsibilities, while calling the offensive plays.  He will maintain the same play calling duties with the Jets. Big difference in scope of responsibility and experience.  We'll see the difference in short order.  Bates was in over his head and it showed. 

Let's blame Mike Maccagnan.  It's his fault, isn't everything?

I was looking at old stats. His first quarterback job was 2007 with John Kitna as qb lol. 

He threw for 4,000 but 20 picks lol. Stupid stat I just thought I would share since it was John Kitna 

1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

What coach did you want this offseason ?

Just about anyone else.  

Preferably not an "offensive guru"  that put up the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses in his 3 years as a head coach.

You guys can all put your head in the sand - and that's fine.  But I won't.

I'll cheer for him and hope I'm wrong - but I'm not going to pretend he was a good hire because he gave a good interview.

11 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I was looking at old stats. His first quarterback job was 2007 with John Kitna as qb lol. 

He threw for 4,000 but 20 picks lol. Stupid stat I just thought I would share since it was John Kitna 

I wasn't criticizing your post.  Far from it.  I was just saying that you had it right.  Clueless Todd was that bad.  So was his cousin, Clueless Jeremy.

4 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Not sure if Bowles was just such a lame with his staff selections

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

ahhh man youre bringing me wayyyyy back... Was this the old JI haydays? 

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Just about anyone else.  

Preferably not an "offensive guru"  that put up the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses in his 3 years as a head coach.

You guys can all put your head in the sand - and that's fine.  But I won't.

I'll cheer for him and hope I'm wrong - but I'm not going to pretend he was a good hire because he gave a good interview.

What was the offense like when Tannehill was healthy? Tannehill. And those receivers. Those guys.

15 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Chad would be an excellent NFL Commissioner....

Yea I said it!!! :) 

people blame Goodell for being a monster but his job description is to take orders from 31 billionaires and the city of Green Bay Wisconsin. He takes the heat for the owners. If Chad was commish, he'd be in the same spot, meat puppet to classy guys like Dan Snyder and Bob Kraft 

22 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What was the offense like when Tannehill was healthy? Tannehill. And those receivers. Those guys.

Miami was competitive when Tannyhill was healthy. I also like the fact that Gase got rid of got rid of guys with bad attitudes, i.e. Landry & Ajayi. 

Its not shocking that Landry is best friends with OBJ. People criticize a guy like Gase, but if Belichick did the same everyone would be licking his nut sack & heaping praise for taking control.

Though a guy like Gase hasn't won & doesn't have the pelts on the wall like BB, he's proven he'll run things HIS WAY, and guys like this know 1 thing, it's  much tougher to win a Super Bowl with Malcontents as your leaders.

Look no further than OBJ & Antonio Brown. Incredible players, top of their position, sent packing. Pats prove EVERY YEAR this is a TEAM sport. Belichick gets the benefit of doubt because of those Lombardis. 

On 3/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, Rsherman28 said:

too bad that does not translate into results-his teams were some of the worst offensive teams in the league and their play regressed each year under his watch-he was a terrible hire-because he is new fans want to believe and have hope but we have been down this road before

Archived