Coaching Staff

Jetster

When was the last time the NY Jets had a coaching staff with this much experience? 

Adam Gase, Greg Williams, Brant Boyer stays on with Special Teams, Jim Bob Cooter (has OC experience), Joe Vitt (38 years experience), and Frank Pollack on the Oline who had the Bengals Oline ranked 3rd overall last year.

You have to hold back to when Parcells came here from New England. 

Al Groh-Herman Edwards- Eric Mangini- Rex Ryan- Todd Bowles

Five coaches in a row with no Head Coaching experience. Five defensive coaches. Not only do we have a more experienced coaching staff, we are FINALLY going to have a young QB with unlimited potential and the people surrounding him that understand offensive football. This is exactly what I wanted for so long, an offensive coach, plus a veteran DC that can take control of the defense so our Head Coach can do everything he can to bring Sam Darnold along in a SYSTEM so he can ascend each year. 

Thank you for paying attention Chris Johnson. 

13 hours ago, jetsons said:

All we need now is a competent GM... oh wait ?

I'm waiting to see what this team looks like this year with a competent coaching staff. The breakdowns under Bowles were pervasive & repetitive.

Not one player on this team put their faith in that coaching staff. You can't be coaching playing a Mute on the sidelines. I despised Bowles more than any other coach in Jets history. His smug face made me want to punch him.

22 minutes ago, jetsons said:

All we need now is a competent GM... oh wait ?

Total clown post.  Why sh*t on somebody else's thread? If you don't have something to contribute to the topic, stay out of it.  Stupid, juvenile, and disrespectful to the original poster 

50 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Total clown post.  Why sh*t on somebody else's thread? If you don't have something to contribute to the topic, stay out of it.  Stupid, juvenile, and disrespectful to the original poster 

that's your opinion, I expressed mine... I consider what you wrote to be a Total clown post.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

When was the last time the NY Jets had a coaching staff with this much experience? 

Adam Gase, Greg Williams, Brant Boyer stays on with Special Teams, Jim Bob Cooter (has OC experience), Joe Vitt (38 years experience), and Frank Pollack on the Oline who had the Bengals Oline ranked 3rd overall last year.

You have to hold back to when Parcells came here from New England. 

Al Groh-Herman Edwards- Eric Mangini- Rex Ryan- Todd Bowles

Five coaches in a row with no Head Coaching experience. Five defensive coaches. Not only do we have a more experienced coaching staff, we are FINALLY going to have a young QB with unlimited potential and the people surrounding him that understand offensive football. This is exactly what I wanted for so long, an offensive coach, plus a veteran DC that can take control of the defense so our Head Coach can do everything he can to bring Sam Darnold along in a SYSTEM so he can ascend each year. 

Thank you for paying attention Chris Johnson. 

Well said. When you look back at the Parcells staff, it's pretty insane. Ron Erhardt was our QB coach for God's sake. Bellichik, Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Carthon etc. Mangini was like the ball boy or something. That kind of staff will never be possible again. 

We did a good job of putting the pieces into place this year. It's kind of impressive when you think about it. Rhule didn't want to sign up for it so be it. The Jets had a plan.  We have a potential FQB and a very experienced staff. Peyton Manning is out there being a cheerleader of our HC which is just bizarre. 

We have plenty to be excited about. This is much different than we are used to and could realistically net us some very different results. 

Even our GM now has the underside of his career behind him. Like him or not, we have an experienced GM with an experienced HC to go with an experienced supporting staff. It's the soundest regime we've had this century. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I'm waiting to see what this team looks like this year with a competent coaching staff. The breakdowns under Bowles we're pervasive & repetitive.

Not one player on this team put their faith in that coaching staff. You can't be coaching playing a Mute on the sidelines. I despised Bowles more than any other coach in Jets history. His smug face made me want to punch him.

At least by the end Kotite had the look of someone that knew he had no clue what he was doing.

jet fans are funny they always try and make things sound better than they are and part of the reason the franchise has been terrible for decades is fans tolerate the unacceptable choices our ownership has made. Some  fans bought into the plans by our previous terrible gms and still some buy into our current one that  produces one player per draft that is maybe a very good player and has as many good second round picks as I do.

gase was a terrible coach for the dolphins -this is not an opinion but a fact-his team got worse under his watch not better this is a fact-he is supposed to be an offensive guru yet his offenses were some of the worst in the league.

I think our defense should be better this year(it cant be much worse)

This is a good staff. The thing that matters the most to me is that we stop losing leads or falling apart at the end of games. Bowles was awful at game management and just hearing Gase talk about complementary football is interesting.

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jet fans are funny they always try and make things sound better than they are and part of the reason the franchise has been terrible for decades is fans tolerate the unacceptable choices our ownership has made. Some  fans bought into the plans by our previous terrible gms and still some buy into our current one that  produces one player per draft that is maybe a very good player and has as many good second round picks as I do.

gase was a terrible coach for the dolphins -this is not an opinion but a fact-his team got worse under his watch not better this is a fact-he is supposed to be an offensive guru yet his offenses were some of the worst in the league.

That’s true, fans didn’t fly banners over practice fields or buy billboard space. It’s also true that fans have huge input on the interview process and player selection. ?

Fan opinion, 98% of which is uninformed, shouldn’t mean sh*t to how a team is run. We celebrate or lament, we do nothing more.

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Terrible HC for the Dolphins?

What did you think he should have won without his starting QB for half of his three seasons?  Division Championship, Conference Championship or SB Championship?  

I'm still no fan of the Gase hire as head coach. (or the OC)

It is by far the best set of coaches we have had in years though.  Lots of experience and smart people. 

Among many things, the part that helped sink Bowles and Rex was their dumb loyalty to bad coaches.

(And I agree with the one posters comment about the GM, if he does not start building a complete team the coaches won't matter.)

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

Like bart Scott said, it was an indictment on last years coaching staff that if Bowles was fired midseason, there was no capable interim coach. Now we have plenty...

I can't tell if this is a compliment or criticism of the Jets.  :P

You're suggesting that the Jets have done well to put in several guys who can take over when the Head Coach fails.  lol

I gotta see the product on the field before I pass judgement on Gase and the coaching staff.  I was not a fan of the Adam Gase hire at the time, but now, that does not matter.  He had limited success in Miami -- playoff appearance first yeat and 2 sub .500 seasons.  There may be reasons for that, but he had his team in position to make a playoff run in December and they lost 3 straight to close out the season.  Does not mean he will or will not do a good job here, but what do we have to judge him on -- a couple of pressers, and some off-season hirings.  I see his hirigns as a postiive.  I llke the staff he built, he was not afraid to bring in guys with a ton of experience.  Hopefully it translates on the field. 

Time will tell...

Not to change the subject, but I heard Miami's new coach interviewed this morning on Sirius.  Not very good on his feet.  Extremely slow speaker.  Three "y'knows" per sentence.  Long awkward pauses.  Not that public speaking is a big part of coaching but I would guess he will have trouble getting his guys riled up.  Or maybe that's part of their plan? 

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

I seemed to remember the Dolphins kicking the Jets ass last year with a scrub QB.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Terrible HC for the Dolphins?

What did you think he should have won without his starting QB for half of his three seasons?  Division Championship, Conference Championship or SB Championship?  

Miami's offense wasn't a pillar of consistency even when Tannehill was healthy, counting heavily on sporadic, unsustainable big plays to move the ball this season(2018) Miami finished 30th in the NFL in passing yards per game (181.3), fewest by a Dolphins team since 2003.

The Dolphins' embarrassing 42-17 loss to the Bills on Sunday appeared to be the final straw for Ross, who decided to move on from Gase. Miami finished the season on a three-game losing streak, including a dismal 17-7 Week 16 flop versus the struggling Jacksonville Jaguars.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Miami's offense wasn't a pillar of consistency even when Tannehill was healthy, counting heavily on sporadic, unsustainable big plays to move the ball this season(2018) Miami finished 30th in the NFL in passing yards per game (181.3), fewest by a Dolphins team since 2003.

The Dolphins' embarrassing 42-17 loss to the Bills on Sunday appeared to be the final straw for Ross, who decided to move on from Gase. Miami finished the season on a three-game losing streak, including a dismal 17-7 Week 16 flop versus the struggling Jacksonville Jaguars.

Yeah, Osweiler sucks.  Hes always sucked.  He set the record for fewest passing yards per game.  

Ross is a boob.  He wants a team to draw fans and it aint happening down here.  Celebrity ownership shares, whatever, doesnt work.  At the last hour blame the HC

Archived