Most QB Hits 2018

Barry McCockinner

If the pick somehow happens to be Bosa, Williams or Allen at #3 then I can honestly see Leo getting 8-10 sacks next season.  Leonard Williams is an impact player along the defensive line (Quinnen Williams) or an impact edge (Bosa, Allen) away from being an elite player.  If the Jets stay at #3 and pick either Bosa, Allen or Quinnen Williams, whom I think will all be elite players in this league, then Leo won't be seeing double and triple teams every play and will completely dominate any one offensive lineman that stands in his way of the QB.  

At first I was all about trading down and acquiring picks to fill the holes on this team.  C, Edge, CB, LT and TE2 are all positions that I think need to addressed sooner rather than later, but that thought process led me to being okay with passing up on potentially elite talent in Bosa, Allen and Williams to trade back a few spots and fill the roster with players who we hope will become impact players.  The drop off in talent after those three I think is major.  All the holes don't need to be filled in one offseason and I'm no longer in a rush to try and win the Superbowl this season because it's unrealistic.  Now, I'd rather take that elite talent in Bosa, Allen or Williams while they have the chance picking at #3 then gladly fill the other holes in the next offseason.

I feel the top 3 players in order for the Jets should be Bosa, Q. Williams then Josh Allen and even if the pick is Allen at #3 he's going to eventually command a double team which is going to open it up for Leo.  If the pick is Q. Williams then I believe he's going to immediately require double teams which again in turn will open it up for Leo. 

At the end of the day again I would now rather stay at #3 and draft Bosa, Williams or Allen and draft the best Center that's there with our pick at the top of the 3rd round and worry about drafting and/or signing our #1 CB and LT next season.  Thanks for reading guys.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Once a game. So, twice a year Leo hits Brady. Yeah. That really "changes his game"....and Cutler is retired and we play Rivers/Brees/Eli once every 4 years. 

The problem is, all of those other guys had SACKS to go with their participation trophies.... Leo had what, 5 total sacks in 18? 17 in 4 seasons? 

Though he was considered the "cant miss talent" on the board back in 2015 when we picked him. So he does have that going for him.

SMH

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

With all world players like leo and el presidente and lee how did we manage to be like 29th in defense?

ANOMALY!

To have a great defense it takes more than one or two great players .    Not to mention have to have a coach that can implement a scheme that fits those players.    See K  Mack as great as he was, he never elevated the Raiders defense around him.( was that his fault- no. )   Invested way more resources in the offense,  than the defense.

One part on defense is substandard ( say coverage) it really doesn't matter how good a pass rusher is you have because Opposing Qb will get it out really fast.    Even the top pass rushers need a couple seconds to get to the Qb.

Now if your team has more money invested on defense than offense, and  you still suck.  Maybe you need a new GM.

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Can't wait to see what K Osemele does to Leonard Williams in practice.  l Williams either improves or gets put on his back again.  The knock on L Williams coming out was his strength.     Osemele is extremely strong, and you should know pretty quick about l Williams heart.   I would watch this matchup at practice.

Didn't you hear? His pff rating was down last year, Osemele is bad at footballing 

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Didn't you hear? His pff rating was down last year, Osemele is bad at footballing 

Jet fans are going to love K Osemele .    The guy is a beast , and l Bell will love running behind him. ( not to mention Darnold)   Raiders just wanted to invest Osemele money in the tackle position , than guard position. 

Sites like PFf never take the real facts that contribute to his so called down year.      Forget the knee injury he battled all year, the biggest thing is the Raiders started a rookie LT ( Kolton Miller ) next to him.     It's very tough playing left tackle, and to break in against the pass rushers you see every week in the Afc West.  Everyone going to struggle.

Obviuosly K Osemele is going to be asked to help Kolton Miller as much as possible.   This  

is going to effect his performance.    Case in Point .  See Donald Penn last year in Tampa Bay where they had a new left guard every week playing next to him. These sites credited him with giving up the most sacks. ( not seeing the real reason) . The Raiders benefited before last two years as he has gave them great play at the left tackle position.( one of the best cheap free agent signings).

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Someone who just joined this site and started reading the board would quickly come to the conclusion that two of the players Jets fans like least are Leo Williams and Jamal Adams.  I find it odd but whatever.

Too much swimming in the East River.

49 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Prolly he’ll have 30 sacks next year

Indeed.  To go with 45 QB Hits and boat loads of QB pressures.  What other phantom stats can I use cuz he's gonna have em. 

13 hours ago, dbatesman said:

IIRC, Williams has put up good QB hit numbers every year. Usually when a guy piles up hits but not sacks, the latter tends to catch up to the former the following season, but it hasn’t happened for him yet and it’s been long enough that it probably never will. Weird.

Here's a straight fire take... Williams has a big year this year, everyone ignores that it's his contract year, and credits G. Williams for putting him in the right position to succeed.  We give him a huge contract.  We get more of the same from his first 4 years, just for a lot more money.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Someone who just joined this site and started reading the board would quickly come to the conclusion that two of the players Jets fans like least are Leo Williams and Jamal Adams.  I find it odd but whatever.

They were both top 10 picks.  And despite their presence on the roster, our defense still sucks.  And it doesn't help that Leo appeared to dog it last year and Adams never shuts up.

That's why we don't like them.

Put Trumaine Johnson in that category too, because he was compensated so well for very low production.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Fascinating that fans might be disappointed that, after enduring terrible seasons, you end up with top picks, which offer the opportunity to get premier players, and they've come away with the production of Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams instead.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They were both top 10 picks.  And despite their presence on the roster, our defense still sucks.  And it doesn't help that Leo appeared to dog it last year and Adams never shuts up.

That's why we don't like them.

Put Trumaine Johnson in that category too, because he was compensated so well for very low production.

you ninja'in sonovabitch

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

To have a great defense it takes more than one or two great players .    Not to mention have to have a coach that can implement a scheme that fits those players.    See K  Mack as great as he was, he never elevated the Raiders defense around him.( was that his fault- no. )   Invested way more resources in the offense,  than the defense.

One part on defense is substandard ( say coverage) it really doesn't matter how good a pass rusher is you have because Opposing Qb will get it out really fast.    Even the top pass rushers need a couple seconds to get to the Qb.

Now if your team has more money invested on defense than offense, and  you still suck.  Maybe you need a new GM.

Who said anything about a great defense?  We had the 29th defense.

33 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Fascinating that fans might be disappointed that, after enduring terrible seasons, you end up with top picks, which offer the opportunity to get premier players, and they've come away with the production of Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams instead.

Anybody who can make a Pro Bowl in his second season while being coached by Todd Bowles deserves some credit.

The Cardinals were even worse and have the #1 overall pick.  Not sure why they haven't cut Patrick Peterson or Chandler Jones from that godawful team yet.

9 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

If the pick somehow happens to be Bosa, Williams or Allen at #3 then I can honestly see Leo getting 8-10 sacks next season.  Leonard Williams is an impact player along the defensive line (Quinnen Williams) or an impact edge (Bosa, Allen) away from being an elite player.  If the Jets stay at #3 and pick either Bosa, Allen or Quinnen Williams, whom I think will all be elite players in this league, then Leo won't be seeing double and triple teams every play and will completely dominate any one offensive lineman that stands in his way of the QB.  

At first I was all about trading down and acquiring picks to fill the holes on this team.  C, Edge, CB, LT and TE2 are all positions that I think need to addressed sooner rather than later, but that thought process led me to being okay with passing up on potentially elite talent in Bosa, Allen and Williams to trade back a few spots and fill the roster with players who we hope will become impact players.  The drop off in talent after those three I think is major.  All the holes don't need to be filled in one offseason and I'm no longer in a rush to try and win the Superbowl this season because it's unrealistic.  Now, I'd rather take that elite talent in Bosa, Allen or Williams while they have the chance picking at #3 then gladly fill the other holes in the next offseason.

I feel the top 3 players in order for the Jets should be Bosa, Q. Williams then Josh Allen and even if the pick is Allen at #3 he's going to eventually command a double team which is going to open it up for Leo.  If the pick is Q. Williams then I believe he's going to immediately require double teams which again in turn will open it up for Leo. 

At the end of the day again I would now rather stay at #3 and draft Bosa, Williams or Allen and draft the best Center that's there with our pick at the top of the 3rd round and worry about drafting and/or signing our #1 CB and LT next season.  Thanks for reading guys.

Leo was double teamed 55% of the time. That's hardly every play and not even the highest percentage on the team. Henry Anderson was doubled on 60% of plays.

In comparison, Aaron Donald was double teamed over 70% of the time last year and had over 20 sacks. 

People are so worried about helping Leo out so he can become elite, how about we help our ******* young franchise QB out so he can become elite? Wouldn't that be the smartest thing to do for the future of this organization? Guys that have scouting reports like Leo, Quinnen, Bosa and Allen are in every draft.

When will this fanbase learn that the NFL is all about the QB position and pretty much nothing else? Not having a Franchise QB makes everything harder and having a Franchise QB makes everything easier. It's a pretty simple premise. I don't know what the major malfunction is with some of you guys.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I love Jamal, who cares about what he says. 

I like Leo but I just don't want to pay him $14 million this year and then give him a multi year contract worth $14+ million/year. I also don't want to let him walk for nothing. I'd rather get an asset (2nd/3rd) for him this year in a deep draft where the value is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I honestly don't care what he does this year I don't want to pay a DT top of the market money when we need major upgrades on the offensive line and a #1 WR. 

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Jet fans are going to love K Osemele .    The guy is a beast , and l Bell will love running behind him. ( not to mention Darnold)   Raiders just wanted to invest Osemele money in the tackle position , than guard position. 

Sites like PFf never take the real facts that contribute to his so called down year.      Forget the knee injury he battled all year, the biggest thing is the Raiders started a rookie LT ( Kolton Miller ) next to him.     It's very tough playing left tackle, and to break in against the pass rushers you see every week in the Afc West.  Everyone going to struggle.

Obviuosly K Osemele is going to be asked to help Kolton Miller as much as possible.   This  

is going to effect his performance.    Case in Point .  See Donald Penn last year in Tampa Bay where they had a new left guard every week playing next to him. These sites credited him with giving up the most sacks. ( not seeing the real reason) . The Raiders benefited before last two years as he has gave them great play at the left tackle position.( one of the best cheap free agent signings).

Thank you 

We're weird, as soon as a player becomes a jet they stink ?

I love the move and I love KO

15 hours ago, choon328 said:

After all of the debate on here about Leo you just randomly start a new thread about what you assume is a positive stat that has already been talked about and debated a million times? Liar

First of all if I wanted to make a point, I would state the point I'm trying to make. Then I would present facts, reason and opinion to support that point. 

This thread wasn't randomly started. This info graphic came up in my facebook feed and since I didn't see a thread on it here I started one for discussion. Last I checked it was OK to do that so that people can - you know - discuss. There is no ulterior motive to my thread other than that. I don't believe I've ever taken part in one of your fancy Leonard Williams debates. 

Calling me a liar because I didn't post this for the reason you imagined in your F'd up brain is BS. Basically, GFY.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

First of all if I wanted to make a point, I would state the point I'm trying to make. Then I would present facts, reason and opinion to support that point. 

This thread wasn't randomly started. This info graphic came up in my facebook feed and since I didn't see a thread on it here I started one for discussion. I don't believe I've ever taken part in one of your fancy Leonard Williams debates. 

Calling me a liar because I didn't post this for the reason you imagine is BS. Basically, GFY.

Sorry, I can't believe anything you say anymore. I'm taking your "gfy" as I♥️u bc I don't know what to believe.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Anybody who can make a Pro Bowl in his second season while being coached by Todd Bowles deserves some credit.

The Cardinals were even worse and have the #1 overall pick.  Not sure why they haven't cut Patrick Peterson or Chandler Jones from that godawful team yet.

Blame Todd Bowles + reducio ad absurdism.

Good for you!

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Blame Todd Bowles + reducio ad absurdism.

Good for you!

Maybe you misread my statement.  I didn’t blame Bowles. I simply said that our second year safety made a Pro bowl in spite of him. The absurdity lies in believing that these players have already shown the best that they can be. Personally, I think better days are ahead for this defense and its personnel under new leadership, but that’s just me.

Archived