In today's sickening news: Kraft videos to be released to press

Mike135

I sports-hate the Patriots but this is absolutely absurd.  They’re “obligated” to release the tape?   What about al the other people who got busted.  Are they going to have their tape released too?   Also I heard that there were some legit massages going on too (including a teenaged girl).   Shouldn’t the police be busted for illegally filming her?!  (Apparently there is a lawsuit)  

Meanwhile it seems increasingly likely that the human trafficking ring story was just a complete fabrication (haven’t heard anything about it since).  So exactly WTF is going on here?   Could it somehow be related to Kraft being buddies with Trump and some powerful person wants revenge?   Could it be related to Dershowitz being taken to trial for pedo accusations?  Maybe Jeffrey Epstein “Lolita Express” related?

Whatever the case, this story stinks to high heaven. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hate the patriots but this is absolutely absurd.  They’re “obligated” to release the tape?   What about al the other people who got busted.  Are they going to have their tape released too?   Also I heard that there were some legit massages going on too (including a teenaged girl).   Shouldn’t the police be busted for illegally filming her?!  (Apparently there is a lawsuit)  

Meanwhile it seems increasingly likely that the underage sex ring story was just a complete fabrication (haven’t heard anything about it since).  So exactly WTF is going on here?   Could it somehow be related to Kraft being buddies with Trump and some powerful person wants revenge?   Could it be related to Dershowitz being take to trial for pedi accusations?  Maybe Jeffrey Epstein Lolita-express related?

Underage sex ring?  I heard human trafficking, I don't remember underaged sex ring.  Maybe this obligation is related to a FOIA request.  We aren't likely to have that in less high profile cases.  There is a ton of information missing, that doesn't mean there is anything so nefarious.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They’re “obligated” to release the tape?   What about al the other people who got busted.  Are they going to have their tape released too?  

Yeah I think so.  Press obviously won't care about the others though.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Underage sex ring?  I heard human trafficking, I don't remember underaged sex ring.  Maybe this obligation is related to a FOIA request.  We aren't likely to have that in less high profile cases.  There is a ton of information missing, that doesn't mean there is anything so nefarious.

Shoot I was just going to edit my post.  I meant human trafficking. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Prosecution has already said no human trafficking.  Haven't heard anything about underage until this thread.

These were just regular ole ho's.   

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Prosecution has already said no human trafficking.  Haven't heard anything about underage until this thread.

These were just regular ole ho's.   

Before this spins out of control, I meant human trafficking (and I edited my post).  

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I sports-hate the Patriots but this is absolutely absurd.  They’re “obligated” to release the tape?   What about al the other people who got busted.  Are they going to have their tape released too?   Also I heard that there were some legit massages going on too (including a teenaged girl).   Shouldn’t the police be busted for illegally filming her?!  (Apparently there is a lawsuit)  

Meanwhile it seems increasingly likely that the underage sex ring story was just a complete fabrication (haven’t heard anything about it since).  So exactly WTF is going on here?   Could it somehow be related to Kraft being buddies with Trump and some powerful person wants revenge?   Could it be related to Dershowitz being taken to trial for pedo accusations?  Maybe Jeffrey Epstein “Lolita Express” related?

They are legally obligated to release the tape. Tape of other perps is probably available too but they arent celebs so cares and nobody is asking for vid except probably their defense atty.

It's most likely just self serving.  DA's use cases like this as a publicity springboard to bigger things in their careers politics, federal prosecutors, judges etc.

So apparently these recordings fall under Florida's access to public records statutes.  So in other words, if someone requests a copy of the vid, it HAS to be released under the law.  I'm betting just about every news agency in the country has sent a formal request for a copy of Kraft's vid. 

I'm not aware of any state that doesn't have these "access to public records" laws.  In Florida the law covers information obtained in the process of a criminal investigation.  There are exemptions for law enforcement purposes, but it appears only for "active" criminal investigations.  If they've deemed this investigation closed, although the case is still pending, it looks like they have to be released upon request.  From the Florida AG's office:

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MNOS-BAMQDX/$file/2019+Law+Enforcement+Guide+v6.pdf

APPLICATION OF THE PUBLIC RECORDS ACT TO SPECIFIC RECORDS

1. Arrest and crime reports and the exemption for active criminal investigative and intelligence information Arrest and crime reports are generally considered to be open to public inspection. However, statutory exemptions for active criminal investigative and intelligence information, confessions, juvenile offender records and certain victim information may apply to crime reports and other law enforcement records.

a. Purpose and scope of exemption

Section 119.071(2)(c)1., F.S., exempts active criminal intelligence information and active criminal investigative information from public inspection. To be exempt, the information must be both “active” and constitute either “criminal investigative” or “criminal intelligence” information. Thus, if a crime report contains active criminal investigative information, the criminal investigative information may be excised from the report. Criminal investigative information” is defined as information relating to “an identifiable person or group of persons compiled by a criminal justice agency in the course of conducting a criminal investigation of a specific act or omission, including, but not limited to, information derived from laboratory tests, reports of investigators or informants, or any type of surveillance.”  Similarly, an autopsy report may constitute criminal investigative information.  “Criminal intelligence information” means information concerning “an identifiable person or group of persons collected by a criminal justice agency in an effort to anticipate, prevent, or monitor possible criminal activity.” The active criminal investigative and intelligence exemption is limited in scope; its purpose is to prevent premature disclosure of information when such disclosure could impede an ongoing investigation or allow a suspect to avoid apprehension or escape detection. Moreover, the active criminal investigative and intelligence information exemption does not prohibit the disclosure of the information by the criminal justice agency; the information is only exempt from and not subject to the mandatory inspection requirements which would otherwise apply. As the court stated in Williams v. City of Minneola, “there are many situations in which investigators have reasons for displaying information which they have the option not to display.  The fact that a crime or incident report may contain some active criminal investigative or intelligence information does not mean that the entire report is exempt. Section 119.07(1)(d), F.S., requires the custodian of the document to redact only that portion of the record for which an exemption is asserted and to disclose the remainder of the record.

The kicker here is that Kraft's lawyers have filed a motion basically saying that this Florida pubic records law, at least as applied to Kraft's case, is unconstitutional.  The question then becomes, should they put a hold on releasing the vids until these constitutional questions are answered?  

And, oh yeah.....Florida's AG.....would you?

220px-AttorneyGeneral_AshleyMoody.jpg

I hope these videos are even more graphic and horrifying than my worst nightmares have ever imagined.

Slimy old git freaks me out whenever they show him in the box, desperately looking for someone to high-five after TDs.

Nobody wants to touch those hands, Krafty. They know where they have been.

In all seriousness who really gives a flying rat's ass? Big deal so an old man went and got a rub and tug? This has absolutely nothing to do with football. The unfortunate thing is that with his millions, he can hire about 5 hookers 24/7 all day long. And this absolutely does not make him involved in human trafficking! As much as I hate the Patriots I'm not going to put that on this guy. That's like saying if you go to a pizza place and there's a 13 year old kid starting sauce in the kitchen you're in violation of the child labor laws for eating a slice of f****** Pizza!!?? Unless it's proven that this guy requested underage girls, he has done absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

In all seriousness who really gives a flying rat's ass? Big deal so an old man went and got a rub and tug? This has absolutely nothing to do with football. The unfortunate thing is that with his millions, he can hire about 5 hookers 24/7 all day long. And this absolutely does not make him involved in human trafficking! As much as I hate the Patriots I'm not going to put that on this guy. That's like saying if you go to a pizza place and there's a 13 year old kid starting sauce in the kitchen you're in violation of the child labor laws for eating a slice of f****** Pizza!!?? Unless it's proven that this guy requested underage girls, he has done absolutely nothing wrong in my eyes

Eating pizza is illegal where you live?

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think people are a little upset about the human sex trafficking aspect of this situation.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

I think people are a little upset about the human sex trafficking aspect of this situation.

I don't disagree that they would be. However is it proven that he knew that? Did he request human traffic slaves? Or did he skirt the law a little bit like every single man on this board has done at one point or another?

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Eating pizza is illegal where you live?

LOL of course not I live on Long Island. But if the part-time cook brings his fifteen-year-old son in to help out and the FEDS come in and enforce labor laws I think it's a little bit over the top don't you?

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

LOL of course not I live on Long Island. But if the part-time cook brings his fifteen-year-old son in to help out and the FEDS come in and enforce labor laws I think it's a little bit over the top don't you?

Like it or not, soliciting prostitution is illegal.  Thankfully eating pizza is not.

Also imo, anyone who does solicit prostitution should realize they're likely supporting human trafficking.

Just to make it clear I'm not making light of human trafficking in any way at all. I have a daughter. I'm just saying there's a huge difference between drinking a case of beer and plowing into a school bus, versus drinking two glasses of wine over the course of dinner for two or three hours and driving home. If it wasn't Robert Kraft this wouldn't even be news. So like I said let's get back to the NFL draft folks!? Oh yeah besides the guy's wife died a few years ago remember? Who really gives a flying rat's ass he's not beating up women and children. Does anybody care that Le'Veon Bell got caught smoking weed? Same difference! He got pulled over by a cop and the car smelled like weed and he was guilty and caught. He tried to use his status as a professional NFL player to get out of it. A rich old guy in a rub and tug really doesn't concern me there's nothing to see here

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just to make it clear I'm not making light of human trafficking in any way at all. I have a daughter. I'm just saying there's a huge difference between drinking a case of beer and plowing into a school bus, versus drinking two glasses of wine over the course of dinner for two or three hours and driving home. If it wasn't Robert Kraft this wouldn't even be news. So like I said let's get back to the NFL draft folks!? Oh yeah besides the guy's wife died a few years ago remember? Who really gives a flying rat's ass he's not beating up women and children. Does anybody care that Le'Veon Bell got caught smoking weed? Same difference! He got pulled over by a cop and the car smelled like weed and he was guilty and caught. He tried to use his status as a professional NFL player to get out of it. A rich old guy in a rub and tug really doesn't concern me there's nothing to see here

Solid points. But who is a worse human being? Robert Kraft or Jamal Adams? 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile it seems increasingly likely that the human trafficking ring story was just a complete fabrication (haven’t heard anything about it since).  So exactly WTF is going on here?   Could it somehow be related to Kraft being buddies with Trump and some powerful person wants revenge?   Could it be related to Dershowitz being taken to trial for pedo accusations?  Maybe Jeffrey Epstein “Lolita Express” related?

Thats the law, as its been explained.  Out of state residents get outed.  Pretty much sounds like if you dont like it stay the F in Mass.

Illegally videotaping?  Seriously?   Trafficking is why they raided the place, so.  Trump?  Krafts the only one who was busted? 

What a useless defense and pointless given Kraft hasnt even denied what he did, just that the video should be inadmissible.  He knows, we all know, that hes guilty and that image will never go away.

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

A judge has stepped in...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-prosecutors-set-release-police-surveillance-video-patriots/story?id=62461763

"I don’t want this released until I’ve ruled," Florida Circuit Court Judge Joseph Marx said in an emergency hearing on a conference call with the two parties and the media late Wednesday afternoon.

The fix is in. Tape never comes out now.

Archived