Happy Birthday Freeman McNeil

joewilly12

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think he's the most talented RB we have ever had, his problem was durability.  Curtis obviously had the best career but I think Freeman was the best pure runner.

His problem was that he suffered from Earl Campbell Syndrome.  Too much heart.   Never knew when to go down.  He was his own worst enemy.  Most likely cost him three to four years of health and production.  What a talent.  One of my favorite Jets ever.   Threw me a pass at this years summer practice.  Will cherish that football always.

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I think he's the most talented RB we have ever had, his problem was durability.  Curtis obviously had the best career but I think Freeman was the best pure runner.

Not even close. Freeman was a tremendous back. Happy Birthday #24!

Freeman McNeil is 60?  Man, I feel old.

Great player, terrific Jet. Always loved to watch him play.

Every NFL player should send him a nice gift, as a thank you for Freeman bringing the court case that eventually led to NFL free agency. He didn't benefit from it personally, but he ensured that players would enjoy much greater freedom (and have much greater earning potential) once their contracts expired.

I remember my Dad taking me to Hofstra for training camp in 86.  I was able to meet most of the guys and have them sign my Jets helmet...Gastineau, Klecko, Obrien, Lyons, ect.  But Freeman, who was probably my favorite player as a kid, clearly stood out in my memory as one of the nicest guys I ever met. Definitely a class act.

I picked up a signed jersey a couple of years ago and its hanging in one of my offices today. 

Happy Birthday Freeman!

FM.jpg

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Freeman McNeil is 60?  Man, I feel old.

Great player, terrific Jet. Always loved to watch him play.

Every NFL player should send him a nice gift, as a thank you for Freeman bringing the court case that eventually led to NFL free agency. He didn't benefit from it personally, but he ensured that players would enjoy much greater freedom (and have much greater earning potential) once their contracts expired.

Yeah, can’t believe he’s 60, just like that.

Seems like yesterday when he torched Cincinnati in the playoffs in their house as the Jets blew Kenny Anderson and them out.

Best Jet back ever, better than Martin, rarely could anyone ever get a clean shot at him, the way he ran.

39 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah, can’t believe he’s 60, just like that.

Seems like yesterday when he torched Cincinnati in the playoffs in their house as the Jets blew Kenny Anderson and them out.

Best Jet back ever, better than Martin, rarely could anyone ever get a clean shot at him, the way he ran.

One of the greatest postseason performances in history.

Link to the 1982 first Rd game at Cincy

https://youtu.be/FDbSytaNYtI

Archived