Cardinals solve their QB problem, how do we solve our tiny linebacker problem?

32EBoozer

so With the addition of Mosley and Polite, what are our options for our former #1 pick? Will it be a distraction in camp?

Would you take a 4th or try to trade for a player? Another Mac debacle. Mac’s return to the scouting ranks is not far off.... will never get a GM gig again.

Thanks Charlie! ??

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

so With the addition of Mosley and Polite, what are our options for our former #1 pick? Will it be a distraction in camp?

Would you take a 4th or try to trade for a player? Another Mac debacle. Mac’s return to the scouting ranks is not far off.... will never get a GM gig again.

Thanks Charlie! ??

There is no controversy.

He can be traded or he can play for his place. This isn’t QB. He can get snaps if he earns them. Rosen never had a chance.

I am ok keeping Lee and watching how he plays in Williams defense, very low cost compared to the $30+ million they will have invested in the interior Dline - opposing teams can't double everyone and with his speed, Lee will not need many pass rush moves running untouched to the QB

also I don't think the Cards solved anything - more questions now than before the draft, they join Giants and Bucs  in the dumpster fire

The guy has a $1.8M salary. It doesn't hurt anything to hold onto him. He could be useful as depth and/or in nickel packages. After the season he walks and you hope someone overpays him. 

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I am ok keeping Lee and watching how he plays in Williams defense, very low cost compared to the $30+ million they will have invested in the interior Dline - opposing teams can't double everyone and with his speed, Lee will not need many pass rush moves running untouched to the QB

You make many good points here. The one thing I wonder is...if Jets think that there are guys that will make more of an impact than Lee will/has that they may target here if they could swap him?

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The guy has a $1.8M salary. It doesn't hurt anything to hold onto him. He could be useful as depth and/or in nickel packages. After the season he walks and you hope someone overpays him. 

1st round pick LB's on LB weak teams shouldn't be depth.  It says alot about that pick if thats how it plays out.

But you're quite right, there is no cause to move him if we don't need to.  I doubt he'll be too much of a distraction.

34 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks Charlie! ??

Which do you want, Mosley or Polite to drop in coverage? 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Lee to Tampa Bay for a 5th round pick would be nice.

What part of trading away a #1 pick before the end of his rookie deal for a Day 3 pick is "nice" as you see it? 

Hard to see it as anything but a disappointment, I'd think.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1st round pick LB's on LB weak teams shouldn't be depth.  It says alot about that pick if thats how it plays out.

But you're quite right, there is no cause to move him if we don't need to.  I doubt he'll be too much of a distraction.

If we can parlay Lee our 4th and 6th round picks into pretty good prospects at C, CB, and maybe a WR I would be thrilled by the end of the day.

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

You make many good points here. The one thing I wonder is...if Jets think that there are guys that will make more of an impact than Lee will/has that they may target here if they could swap him?

agree, especially on offense, if they can get a 6'5", 230 pound WR who ran a 4.5 at the combine it would help Sam and I am all about that (wish Mac was too)

The pick was pretty obviously a Bowles pick undersized hybrid type player Bowles probably said we need to take this guy he is my honey badger and Macc said it that is who you want we can grab him

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

30 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Which do you want, Mosley or Polite to drop in coverage? 

This. Lee will not be traded. They need him to cover. This is why they will keep him because they really have no one else that can do the job.

Move Lee to weak outside Linebacker position same thing parcels did with Marvin Jones years back. In fact this is a very similar situation  Marvin Jone was not playing to the level a #4 should be some people considered him a bust when Parcell took over he shifted him to outside and he was a different LB.

Archived