Thank you for this message board

55 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I decided to start following the Jets because of this message board.

I wanted to follow the NFL more closely but didn’t know what team to support.

I decided that I wanted a team that hadn’t won the title in a very long time so that when they did finally win one, I couldn’t be called a bandwagon follower.

I also wanted a team that had caused a lot of heartache and aroused passion in its supporters. I used to follow the St George Dragons here in Australia but had to stop because it felt like I was in an abusive relationship. I hated them and loved them in equal measure and kept coming back for more heartache.

I read through a lot of different team's message boards and this one was perfect. The range of posters is better than any other one I read.You have the very experienced fans who talk about games from 50 years ago. You have men and women. You have posters with reputations, and I love it when people say, “oh wait until … reads this!”  Most posters are also very funny and importantly, very smart. I read one post and find myself agreeing with every point in it and then the next poster will provide statistics that blow the previous point out of the water.

Some posters are optimistic and always think the next great time for the Jets is imminent and others have been broken too many times and can’t bring themselves to have much hope, so they strike out before they get hurt again. The posts on this message board are a great metaphor for life.

I now check the message board before going to work because we are 14 hours ahead of you, so I read the posts that you have written while I’ve been asleep. I am addicted and got nervous during the draft?!

I don’t have the technical knowledge to contribute to the discussions but I am happy to lurk and I wanted you to know that all posters have provided me with great entertainment and knowledge during this off-season and the drafting experience.

Ok OK who put you up to this? Are we on candid camera or something like that? Is this Tom Shane’s doing? or some of the admins? So your telling us that your from Down Under and you picked the Jets out of all the teams to be a fan of by your own  free will? You weren’t Born into it? Or Married into it? Or forced into this? Is NY TV the only station you can get down there. Maybe you were a Giants fan and saw their 1st round pick? In any event I hope you know what your getting into. Welcome. Happy Posting!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not sure if I should be happy for you, or tell you to run for the hills. I love the Jets from when I was about 8 years old they won the Super Bowl when I was five so I even missed that although my dad told me I watched the game with him I have no memories at all of that game. That's how Jet's fans roll ! I could tell you more stories but then we'll never see you again so I'll just say Welcome to JN you may have come at just the right time :)

My fictional, yet tragic reenactment of lil' Smash watching Super Bowl III with Papa Smash:

Papa Smash: "Son, you should be paying attention. This is a very exciting game and you'll want remember it forever. You may never get to see this again for another 50 years!"

Lil Smash: "Aww, Pa, I'm sure it won't be that long!" *Goes back to playing with his Lincoln logs*

1739591538_DramaticCat.gif.f277757d17d4071b569afcac2bbca598.gif

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, neweypie said:

Thanks GreenFish, that's helpful. So when people refer to him are they doing it in reference to a scoop/unconfirmed rumour etc?

Yep. It's usually about some rumor, opinion, or #hottake that's egregiously erroneous and flawed.

He also sometimes posts here under the username "UnitedWhofans".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Remember this....West Coast Latina women are smart, ageless, knowledgeable and we love to talk football and feed hungry men.   

Believe every word I say.  

We are goddesses.  

We were here first, before the white devils. ?

You had me at "ageless" and "feed". Where do I sign up?

P.S. Does my status as a white devil hurt my application process?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Or the time @joewilly12 asked me for my shirt size so he could buy me a birthday present, and then said he also needs a picture of me with no shirt on for verification... Spoiler alert, I never got the birthday present!

You know that app you can get on your phone that lets you take a picture of yourself and it'll digitally measure you for the perfect fitting clothes? Well, joe told me had a line on a free $20 voucher on your first order with them and sent me the link. I clicked on it, but I don't see the app on my phone.

Unrelated note, my phone keeps snapping pictures and taking video when I'm naked and I can't seem stop it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Let me get this straight.  You found a team 9,000 miles away from you that plays a sport you're just learning and decided to root for the team because you've read the postings of some crazy, masochistic middle-aged men who spend more time debating players' SPARQ scores than doing their day jobs at the accounting office?

Yeah, you'll fit right in.

Have you seen our new uniforms?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

When you put it like that then my choice does seem odd but I really do enjoy the banter and points on this board and appreciate the deep affection all of the posters have for the team. 

I have seen the new uniforms and they look good to me. I have the advantage or disadvantage or not knowing the previous ones, so I don’t know what I don’t know. 

My ignorance will help me for a while I think because I won’t be too aligned to a particular viewpoint. I will really feel like a Jets fan rather than an imposter when I develop firm views on aspects of the game and players and get outraged when others on this board can’t see what seems clear to me!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Let me get this straight.  You found a team 9,000 miles away from you that plays a sport you're just learning and decided to root for the team because you've read the postings of some crazy, masochistic middle-aged men who spend more time debating players' SPARQ scores than doing their day jobs at the accounting office?

Yeah, you'll fit right in.

Have you seen our new uniforms?

You guys got jobs?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

2BDED2FD-BF58-4E41-90B8-03B3942FA34F.gif.4259a7006a523da3f8a8d06e0f206b7c.gif

For most this gif is appropriate at genesis of becoming a Jets fan, and after marriage on the day one realizes the honeymoon phase over...and the wife while shaking her head mutters, "I married a Jets fan," as she begrudgingly listens to him discuss the merits of Ed Oliver compared to the less studlier Quinnen Williams. 

• Upvote 1