Thank you for this message board

neweypie

I decided to start following the Jets because of this message board.

I wanted to follow the NFL more closely but didn’t know what team to support.

I decided that I wanted a team that hadn’t won the title in a very long time so that when they did finally win one, I couldn’t be called a bandwagon follower.

I also wanted a team that had caused a lot of heartache and aroused passion in its supporters. I used to follow the St George Dragons here in Australia but had to stop because it felt like I was in an abusive relationship. I hated them and loved them in equal measure and kept coming back for more heartache.

I read through a lot of different team's message boards and this one was perfect. The range of posters is better than any other one I read.You have the very experienced fans who talk about games from 50 years ago. You have men and women. You have posters with reputations, and I love it when people say, “oh wait until … reads this!”  Most posters are also very funny and importantly, very smart. I read one post and find myself agreeing with every point in it and then the next poster will provide statistics that blow the previous point out of the water.

Some posters are optimistic and always think the next great time for the Jets is imminent and others have been broken too many times and can’t bring themselves to have much hope, so they strike out before they get hurt again. The posts on this message board are a great metaphor for life.

I now check the message board before going to work because we are 14 hours ahead of you, so I read the posts that you have written while I’ve been asleep. I am addicted and got nervous during the draft?!

I don’t have the technical knowledge to contribute to the discussions but I am happy to lurk and I wanted you to know that all posters have provided me with great entertainment and knowledge during this off-season and the drafting experience.

My only reason for being a Jets fan is because I have terrible parents who are also Jets fans.

To choose this path in life while consciously understanding this team's back history is beyond my brain's limited ability to comprehend. This life chose me. But you chose this life. Absolutely wild. 

With that said, welcome to the "team". I'm at least glad that hell has cool people.

13 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I decided that I wanted a team that hadn’t won the title in a very long time so that when they did finally win one, I couldn’t be called a bandwagon follower.

I also wanted a team that had caused a lot of heartache and aroused passion in its supporters. I used to follow the St George Dragons here in Australia but had to stop because it felt like I was in an abusive relationship. I hated them and loved them in equal measure and kept coming back for more heartache.

I read through a lot of different team's message boards and this one was perfect. The range of posters is better than any other one I read.You have the very experienced fans who talk about games from 50 years ago. You have men and women. You have posters with reputations, and I love it when people say, “oh wait until … reads this!”  Most posters are also very funny and importantly, very smart. I read one post and find myself agreeing with every point in it and then the next poster will provide statistics that blow the previous point out of the water.

Some posters are optimistic and always think the next great time for the Jets is imminent and others have been broken too many times and can’t bring themselves to have much hope, so they strike out before they get hurt again. The posts on this message board are a great metaphor for life.

I now check the message board before going to work because we are 14 hours ahead of you, so I read the posts that you have written while I’ve been asleep. I am addicted and got nervous during the draft?!

I don’t have the technical knowledge to contribute to the discussions but I am happy to lurk and I wanted you to know that all posters have provided me with great entertainment and knowledge during this off-season and the drafting experience.

We get the best safety in the draft and all the bandwagon fans start following us. 

14 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I'm happy to hear you have been reading my intelligent, well informed and emotionless posts.  It's my pleasure to provide such strong content for the international crowd. ;-) 

4 minutes ago, neweypie said:

Thanks for the warm welcome, no matter how misguided you believe my choice was.

I have eventually gained a handle on many of the references people use but I have one question. Who is incarcerated Bob? 

First of all... You're Welcome

Incarcerated bob is the only person to ever ban me on twitter

So let me make sure I’m following this correctly. You read this message board and saw the pain and agony we’ve gone through and are still going through. Then you were like, “that’s the kind of suffering I want to be apart of”. 

Well mate, you sound like a Jets fan already.

11 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I have eventually gained a handle on many of the references people use but I have one question. Who is incarcerated Bob? 

The guy is a legend. Back in 2012 he broke the news on either a draft pick or FA signing. Can’t remember who though. Non of the big shots even had clue. But Incarcerated Bob nailed it. My hunch, it was a wild ass guess. He’s been wrong on almost everything ever since. But the thought of someone being incarcerated having the inside scoop lives on.

31 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I'm not sure if I should be happy for you, or tell you to run for the hills. I love the Jets from when I was about 8 years old they won the Super Bowl when I was five so I even missed that although my dad told me I watched the game with him I have no memories at all of that game. That's how Jet's fans roll ! I could tell you more stories but then we'll never see you again so I'll just say Welcome to JN you may have come at just the right time :)

37 minutes ago, neweypie said:

Remember this....West Coast Latina women are smart, ageless, knowledgeable and we love to talk football and feed hungry men.  

Believe every word I say.  

We are goddesses.  

We were here first, before the white devils. ?

The guy is a legend. Back in 2012 he broke the news on either a draft pick or FA signing. Can’t remember who though. Non of the big shots even had clue. But Incarcerated Bob nailed it. My hunch, it was a wild ass guess. He’s been wrong on almost everything ever since. But the thought of someone being incarcerated having the inside scoop lives on.

The Revis extension! It was 2010.

Archived