Francesa, Media on Maccagnan Firing.

Gase has Chris Johnsons ear.  Chris is gonna do what Gase wants simple as that. I know Gase thinks he knows what he's doing but he has to prove it and he just shortened his time to prove it. If the Jets have a bad season I can see Gase gone real quickly and deservedly so. We will see.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Gase is a scumbag.  Major scumbag.  It's possible to be an amazing football coach and not a total scumbag (Rams coach).  

I have no respect for Gase.  I can only imagine being a player and having this be the environment.  What a joke.

This is the environment in NE.  One guy runs everything, fall in line or your gone.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the environment in NE.  One guy runs everything, fall in line or your gone.

are you serious.  belli and ne have won 6 rings.  gone to 9 supes.  gase is a scumbag that's done nothing.  we're not ne.  that's a once in a lifetime scenario (6th round pick riding bench finds the field bc of injury) that turns into all timer.  

we're not ne.  we have an ownership problem.

guys want to play for belli.  who wants to play for gase?  no one.  they run.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

are you serious.  belli and ne have won 6 rings.  gone to 9 supes.  gase is a scumbag that's done nothing.  we're not ne.  that's a once in a lifetime scenario (6th round pick riding bench finds the field bc of injury) that turns into all timer.  

Im not saying we are NE.  You asked how the players feel now.  They feel the same as they do in NE.  Fall in line or your gone.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I personally don't think Gase is done. This was a minor battle for him. He's going after CJ. Wait until Woody gets back. Things are just getting good. This is going to blow up royally. 

Woody might not be back for a little while.

18 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Gase is a scumbag.  Major scumbag.  It's possible to be an amazing football coach and not a total scumbag (Rams coach).  

I have no respect for Gase.  I can only imagine being a player and having this be the environment.  What a joke.

What, an environment where there is exactly 1 boss and he gives you very clear direction?  Gee, I hate working in companies like that.  Its so much more fun when the owner and senior management can't see eye to eye and every time I trip on a thumbtack I can run to one of them and wallow in my own self-pity.

Today was the last part of the Idzik-to-Bowles lineage.  Rejoice.  Better to put the fate of the franchise in the capable hands of a proven OC and experienced HC than a rookie GM chosen by a head hunting group.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

I won't say he is a scumbag but he is a power hungry emperor. He has accomplished nothing to deserve this amount of power.

Synergy Johnson just gave the keys to the kingdom to a coach who has won absolutely nothing and by all statistics a failure in his only HC gig. 

It may work out, we will have to see. Either this could be the most genius move in NFL history or the Johnsons have been snake-oiled again.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is very anti-Jets. I don’t think Gase kisses his arse like mac did. So of course there is a bias 

If you understand business AND money AND Mike, you realize Mike follows the money...he is high on any team in the NYC area that gives him the info, rolls out the red carpet, gives him insight and inside info, treats him and his kids well and markets/broadcasts/gives interviews on or around his show and the station.  Mike "kills" any team that is not in the parameter of his business interests.  He is a GENIUS business man and he plays an a$$hole on the radio so clowns like all of you tune in and call his ass...the man is a genius...and he doesn't even know it...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

I can’t believe this board lol Mac finally gets fired and everyone’s in an outrage because it didn’t happen how we wanted it to? We finally got rid of the idiot in the F.O, and we all know the Johnsons are morons. Wasn’t perfect but im fine with it 

What do you think is more attractive for a potential GM candidate, choosing your own coach, or having to take the job with a coach who just got the GM fired in 3 months on the job.

It is good that Macc is gone, it is absurd how it happened.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

If you understand business AND money AND Mike, you realize Mike follows the money...he is high on any team in the NYC area that gives him the info, rolls out the red carpet, gives him insight and inside info, treats him and his kids well and markets/broadcasts/gives interviews on or around his show and the station.  Mike "kills" any team that is not in the parameter of his business interests.  He is a GENIUS business man and he plays an a$$hole on the radio so clowns like all of you tune in and call his ass...the man is a genius...and he doesn't even know it...

Lol. He is a huge man child baby. Much worse in his old age. He acted like such a lil biach when the giants drafted jones. He attack the giants day in day out since the pick. Like drafting Allen there instead of Jones would make that bad team a playoff Contender lol. His major man crush on Eli clouds his Judgement of reality.. Was expected of him to trash the Jets as a jealous giants fan, but now even the giants must not be happy with him. That can’t be good for his busines$

• Upvote 1

Listen people, for how many years have we been saddled with Nice guy/player coaches who dont enforce rules and dont hold players accountable?  The last disciplinarian we had was Parcells, I wud say Groh - but he had no credibility in the locker room.  

Unlike many pro sports owners who are successful businessmen and know how to run a business the Johnson are heirs who never worked a day in their lives - they have no balls and no clue about anything but Country Clubs, Polo and recreational drug use.  Maccagnan is a wimp who had no guts.  Darnold fell into his lap   - but yes he did put us in position to get him - but focus on what he didnt do - build an offense around Darnold.  Think of the first thing Ernie Acorsi did for Eli - Ernie said we need to get him a franchise WR - so he traded for Plaxico Burress.  Indy drafted Marvin Harrison for Payton.  Oakland drafted Amari Cooper for Carr...I cud go on and on.  Mac said meh we have Robby Anderson.  He did nothing for the OL - Spencer Long - really? Dont forget Mac wasted picks on Petty and Hack before he got desperate to trade up.   

Now we have an Alpha Male whack job coach who feasts on weakness - he saw Chrissy Johnson is weak and Maccagnan is weak and he big time bitch slapped the both of them into submission.  Good for him..  Now lets see what Gase can do - he's got the golden egg - a real Franchise QB - now lets see if he can change the culture and build a championship supporting cast.  

Also enough with the Miami complaints - he inherited a mediocre team with no OL and two ME stars in Landry and Ajayi - I believe Mayfield is the only guy who can get Landry to behave and Ajayi hasnt done much in Phlly.  You guys make it seem he drove a perennial Super Bowl contender into the ground.  Miami hasnt been the same since Shula retired for Christ Sake.!  He inherited a mess and took them to the playoffs in his first year for the first time since the Pennington/wildcat miracle season.  Who know what wud have happened if Tannehill didnt tear up his knee pr of they got a decent replacement in his second year rather than a washed up and disengaged Jay Cutler.

Now lets see if Gase can get us more talent at WR, Center and CB, if he does this should be a very good season.  I have been one of the more negative posters on this board over the years, however I am feeling the most excited about the Jets since Parcells was here (because I never believed in Mark Sanchez and never felt confident with Herm running the show).

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS - get used to that cause there's gonna be a whole lot of Kick-offs after TDs this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

49 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol. He is a huge man child baby. Much worse in his old age. He acted like such a lil biach when the giants drafted jones. He attack the giants day in day out since the pick. Like drafting Allen there instead of Jones would make that bad team a playoff Contender lol. His major man crush on Eli clouds his Judgement of reality.. Was expected of him to trash the Jets as a jealous giants fan, but now even the giants must not be happy with him. That can’t be good for his busines$

Eli=good for his business

Giants=no longer good for his business.

Are you that dumb?

50 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

angry callers are GREAT for his business...get a clue...

• Haha 1

Gase took this job because he wanted to coach Sam Darnold.  He figures that everything else can be changed, but he came here knowing that Darnold had a promising finish to his rookie year and is under contract for 3-4 more years.  Gase now has no excuses.  This is his team and he's going to mold it.  None of the new free agents or draft picks were acquired without Gase being onboard with them.  He may not have liked the price tag or the opportunity cost (spending so much on Bell and Mosely that it shut the Jets out of competing for Morse, Paradis at Center) but make no mistake, Maccagnan didn't bring in a single player that Gase didn't want.  This is his team and it likely has more talent now than at any recent time except for 2011 or maybe 2015.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, southtown24th said:

It's not about firing Macc that is the issue...

It's about: when, why, how and who fired Macc which is the issue.

This franchise is the WORST in the NFL.

Thank God we ditched our tickets 2 years ago...nightmare.

I guess you are not IRA FROM STATEN ISLAND?

5 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I think Mike gives some great takeaways from this whole situation. Including his personal interactions with Maccagnan and his take on Gase, ownership and possible outcomes. Giants and Jets are definitely circuses until we see otherwise.

You actually bought the subscription for the MIKE APP?

Thanks for sharing!!!

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

angry callers are GREAT for his business...get a clue...

Lol ohh you are a fat mike fan boy huh?? he is a big Fat little biach. So the giants players and coaches refusing to come on his show, Eli already cancelled his show with him, is good for business ? lol you can’t be this stupid bro. This isn’t Howard stern lol. He is only losing people, not gaining. He should have stayed retired. He is even calling into boomers show crying like a little baby.. You are not a real jets fan if you kiss a loud mouth jet hater’s arse 

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I honestly don't know what to think? However, I was already certain Mac needed to go. He was way too slow moving. It's like he thought he was working a 10 year timeline?

Now, I'm afraid Gase will alienate all of our good players just like he did in Miami. I hope that's not the case.

It is now coming out that it was Gase who didn’t want to upgrade the OL at center over Macs request!!!

YOU CANT MAKE IT UP!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

What, an environment where there is exactly 1 boss and he gives you very clear direction?  Gee, I hate working in companies like that.  Its so much more fun when the owner and senior management can't see eye to eye and every time I trip on a thumbtack I can run to one of them and wallow in my own self-pity.

Today was the last part of the Idzik-to-Bowles lineage.  Rejoice.  Better to put the fate of the franchise in the capable hands of a proven OC and experienced HC than a rookie GM chosen by a head hunting group.

SAR I

You know there's a reason why the entire world thinks the Jets are a joke.  It's bc the central figure in this, Gase, is a total joke.  The guy hasn't done a thing.  Proven.  He's only proven to be a loser.

Amazed again at how low the bar is for Jets fans.  We expect ineptitude.  That's what we get.

Don't you expect to get a great coach?  C'mon.  Expect more.

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

9 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

"Adam Gase-ichick"

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Meanwhile, in another post, you were excited that Chris Johnson was pulling the strings to get the HC, DC and FA's that he wanted.

13 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Good analysis by Mike.  Gase is the new dictator.  And it’s only a matter of time before he alienates Leveon Bell.  Egos will take center stage over Sam Darnold.

Pretty easy to analyze yourself, and pretend your analyzing Gase.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Good post SAR. How many years have Jet fans, both on and off this board, bitched about not having anybody in charge here? We finally do...so what if it's the coach? As one guy posted yesterday, and I paraphrase, "this is Chris getting rid of the final piece of the disaster Woody built."

• Upvote 1