Mina Kimes (?)

Jet_Engine1

ESPN is apparently determined to make this girl a "star". 

Listening...to her speak.....with her....oddly placed......dramatic.....pauses.....is like listening.....to a machine.....gun....or a girl....doing a bad.....impression of Howard.....Cosell....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

ESPN is apparently determined to make this girl a "star". 

Listening...to her speak.....with her....oddly placed......dramatic.....pauses.....is like listening.....to a machine.....gun....or a girl....doing a bad.....impression of Howard.....Cosell....

This explains why ESPN is going in the toilet .

Just now, kdels62 said:

Attractive, real-journalist, ivy-league graduate who left a job at Bloomberg because she loves football and is well respected for her work and tape analysis isn't good enough for JN. 

I'm not debating her credentials, top notch.

34 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I would like to know what TOmShane thinks, does he ever chime in on azz?

While I’m sympathetic to anyone who hates ESPN and/or holds certain anxieties about transparent attempts to shoehorn unqualified women into traditionally male roles in sports broadcasting, I find Mina Kimes to be a delightful, informed and—at times—compelling voice. Considering the array of utterly talentless, self-promoting, trash on-air “talent” ESPN has tried to foist into marquee roles at their godforsaken network over the years, Kimes is a breath of fresh air who doesn’t take herself or the subject matter too seriously. Also note that she wasn’t hired to appeal to us 40+ year old bittermen. She’s the perfect hire for the millennial set who consumes all their content digitally, and for thirty seconds at a time. 

I'm all for railing on people because they made it somewhere undeservedly, but she's not one of them.  She actually does make decent arguments at times, so I don't mind her at all.  Is she the prettiest? No.  But if I want to look at pretty, there are other avenues I can choose than ESPN.  Give me Kimes over say Erin Andrews asking stupid questions or Jessica Mendoza working out my mute button.    

The problem with ESPN is that, they have an agenda, which is to slant towards ratings.  They don't care about sports because they aren't the option for sports anymore.  In the heyday of ESPN, you waited to catch a glimpse of your team on Sportscenter, and when Scott, Patrick, or others talked about your team, it mattered just because of the subject.  You had to sit through a bunch of scores at the bottom to see your team's snippet.  That era is over, and with it the informational attraction of a news broadcast.  

It's all about creating news and controversies now, because that's what drives people to watch.  

Did you just hear what Stephen A said? Did you see that idiot predict the Jets at 3-13?  That's what drives traffic anywhere now, and this forum isn't immune to it either.  ESPN is no longer ESPN but they are a giant corporation that knows what tactics butter their bread, and they will stick to it.  I didn't even know Charley Casserly was alive until he started giving stupid takes, and now people tune in to watch him fumble around on TV.   Then they make fun of him on boards and twitter like he's sitting there at home crying as he reads the comments.  He wants those people to make fun of him because that gets him clicks and views, which keep him relevant.  

Stephen A Smith makes around 10 million a year, and I don't know one person that thinks he's actually a good reporter.  

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

While I’m sympathetic to anyone who hates ESPN and/or holds certain anxieties about transparent attempts to shoehorn unqualified women into traditionally male roles in sports broadcasting, I find Mina Kimes to be a delightful, informed and—at times—compelling voice. Considering the array of utterly talentless, self-promoting, trash on-air “talent” ESPN has tried to foist into marquee roles at their godforsaken network over the years, Kimes is a breath of fresh air who doesn’t take herself or the subject matter too seriously. Also note that she wasn’t hired to appeal to us 40+ year old bittermen. She’s the perfect hire for the millennial set who consumes all their content digitally, and for thirty seconds at a time. 

WADR, I just wanted to know if she turns you on?:D What you said is interesting and obviously well said. I'm being serious, especially your last sentence it gives me more insight into millennials. I just don't understand them.

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

WADR, I just wanted to know if she turns you on?:D What you said is interesting and obviously well said. I'm being serious, especially your last sentence it gives me more insight into millennials. I just don't understand them.

I look like Matthew Modine if he was ~40 years old and did CrossFit five days a week. I lack curb appeal. If Mina Kimes pushed up on me in a bar and I ever got to the point where she allowed me to, say, touch her breast without blowing a rape whistle, it’d be a banner f*ckin’ day in the Shane household. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I look like Matthew Modine if he was ~40 years old and did CrossFit five days a week. I lack curb appeal. If Mina Kimes pushed up on me in a bar and I ever got to the point where she allowed me to, say, touch her breast without blowing a rape whistle, it’d be a banner f*ckin’ day in the Shane household. 

He scored in Vision Quest.

17 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Stephen A Smith makes around 10 million a year, and I don't know one person that thinks he's actually a good reporter.  

Now I am ******* angry.  Really ******* angry.

16 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

What kind of sick **** asks outright what turns T0mShane on?  Talk about opening Pandora's box. First of all, this is a family site and I don't want to hear about Pop Rocks, goats and hockey sticks.  Secondly, if you really want to know, you don't ask like that.  You have to tease it out of him, nibble around the edges.  Don't just try to rip a flat one down the middle at 100 mph like Hideki Irabu. (RIP).  Geez, nobody wants to take time to do the dance anymore. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are you saying what I think you are saying?  Your not gay anymore??

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Now I am ******* angry.  Really ******* angry.

What kind of sick **** asks outright what turns T0mShane on?  Talk about opening Pandora's box. First of all, this is a family site and I don't want to hear about Pop Rocks, goats and hockey sticks.  Secondly, you don't ask like that.  You have to tease it out of him, nibble around the edges.  Don't just try to rip a flat one down the middle at 100 mph like Hideki Irabu. (RIP).  Geez, nobody wants to take time to do the dance anymore. 

I almost put you on the “punch you in the face” list earlier but I love you too much. Lol

Archived