Geno Smith fires Jay Z

He lost me when he was running the ball, I think against OAK if I recall, at the end of the game. He trotted today’s the sideline not hustling and ended up getting pushed slightly while still inbounds and kept the clock moving. He was literally lolligagging his way on the sideline while Bowles was screaming and ended up burning a timeout. Geno has zero field awareness, and zero game management skills. Add to that he’s just a poor QB and there you have it. Too bad so sad for the adverse conditions, that’s how it goes in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

He lost me when he was running the ball, I think against OAK if I recall, at the end of the game. He trotted today’s the sideline not hustling and ended up getting pushed slightly while still inbounds and kept the clock moving. He was literally lolligagging his way on the sideline while Bowles was screaming and ended up burning a timeout. Geno has zero field awareness, and zero game management skills. Add to that he’s just a poor QB and there you have it. Too bad so sad for the adverse conditions, that’s how it goes in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How about scrambling out of the back of the end zone. 

Or an inability to adjust to time zones. 

Or wearing eye black whilst having a catch in the street in from if his house. 

Or getting thrown off a plane. 

Or just being an entitled jerkoff. 

6 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Perhaps it was a.....

Symbolic Penis?

cc: @Jetsfan80

They all are. What do you think the Washington  monument actually is?. 

All the stories are sexual in nature. Kraft,  Favre dick pic, Manning t bag, Ezekiel boobs,  etc etc..  year after year

What's the football the shape of,  () 

The Lombardi  is a penis going into a  ()

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How anyone can feel bad for this guy is beyond me. He suicided his own career over a few bucks because he's a dumb ass.

He probably best case scenario has one semi decent year in 2015.  Sure Mac would have overpaid to resign him but no doubt he would have gotten exposed just like Fitz did

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The alternate 1985 where Geno pays back IK doesnt go much better.

Seriously, people are acting like if he didn't get his jaw broken he would have been anywhere different then where he is now. 

Beyond his problems as a team mate and attitude he was just NOT A GOOD QB. Him starting that year would have changed nothing but quicken his route to the backup and out of the league. 

18 hours ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/nfl-rumors-ex-jets-giants-qb-geno-smith-ditches-jay-z-as-he-tries-to-earn-starting-job-again-does-he-have-a-legit-shot.html

I’m goimg to get crucified for this, but I always kind of liked Geno, and feel bad that things didn’t work out for him.

Look back at his career:

Dropped like a rock on draft night and gets evicerated by the media for firing his agent 

-Starts well before he was ready as a rookie with just a horrific supporting cast (David Nelson)

-year 2 is saddled with another awful team (Clyde Gates) and actually plays well down the stretch. 

-year 3 he finally gets to play with a good team, but gets punched in the face losing his job to Fitzpatrick as a result 

-year 4 he gets a chance to replace Fitzpatrick as the starter with plenty of season left to show something, and he tears his ACL in the first quarter of his first start 

-year 5 he signs as a backup with the NY Giants and gets put in the unenviable position of having to replace Eli Manning. He actually plays OK, but the Giants still lose. The next day the coach and GM are fired for starting him and Eli is given back the job.

-year 6 and 7 he is in NFL Siberia as Philip Rivers backup 

You left out the bullet point

-he sucks.  

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

Seriously, people are acting like if he didn't get his jaw broken he would have been anywhere different then where he is now. 

Beyond his problems as a team mate and attitude he was just NOT A GOOD QB. Him starting that year would have changed nothing but quicken his route to the backup and out of the league. 

Plus Geno getting his skull crushed gave us one of the more enjoyable seasons we’ve had since 2010. Ultimately set us back drinking the Fitzmagic potion but those last 5 games were fun. 

On 8/22/2019 at 6:23 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

How anyone can feel bad for this guy is beyond me. He suicided his own career over a few bucks because he's a dumb ass.

This is a guy who lost his Giants playbook and didn’t tell anyone for an entire year. Only when they checked how often the players were logging in did they notice he hadn’t looked at his playbook once and he fessed to losing it. Of course, much like the ridiculous movie theater lie, that was also probably a lie. He just thinks he knows it all already. What can a playbook teach him?

On 8/22/2019 at 6:33 PM, rex-n-effect said:

Much like Geno you have shown up at the wrong time.

While he was only a few hours too late you have surpassed him by showing up a few years too late.

Come with timely criticism when a guy is still on the team, get called a SOJF or be accused of being a troll.

Come with criticism after a guy leaves the team, be accused of beating a dead horse.

Can someone definitely inform us what the Goldilocks Zone is for timeliness of terrible Jets players?

On 8/22/2019 at 7:59 PM, Peace Frog said:

How about scrambling out of the back of the end zone. 

Or an inability to adjust to time zones. 

Or wearing eye black whilst having a catch in the street in from if his house. 

Or getting thrown off a plane. 

Or just being an entitled jerkoff. 

Losing playbook. Telling no one FOR A YEAR.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, Matt39 said:

The alternate 1985 where Geno pays back IK doesnt go much better.

This. It’s incredible how there are still fans who swear Sanchez and Geno could’ve been good if only Jupiter aligned with Mars at the correct time. 

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Come with timely criticism when a guy is still on the team, get called a SOJF or be accused of being a troll.

Come with criticism after a guy leaves the team, be accused of beating a dead horse.

Can someone definitely inform us what the Goldilocks Zone is for timeliness of terrible Jets players?

He didn't criticize Geno. He tried to explain away his failures. 

• Upvote 1