Gase is another moron head coach we have!!!

LockeJET

On 9/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, jgb said:

It is never Adam Gase’s fault

You figured this out after two whole games? 

What took you so long? 

But yeah, 100% right we lost the opener with our QB sick and sluggish.  Still should have won if the K makes to easy kicks.  Has to be Gases fault.

Then we're playing our third string practice squad QB early.  Gases fault too.

Excuse makers, why don't they watch games like the realists?

Come on, seriously?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm watching Jax right now with minchu ... Just thinking Dan Gase can't even score with Darnold and Bell. Meanwhile marri ******* ota is hitting guy deep.

3 years ago we coulda had Coughlin as our GM but we didn’t want to fire Bowles and Mac after 2 years cuz we didn’t want to be the browns or something 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

3 years ago we coulda had Coughlin as our GM but we didn’t want to fire Bowles and Mac after 2 years cuz we didn’t want to be the browns or something 

Maybe you should make a list of all the mediocre GMs we could have signed the last 5 years.

No one should have fired them after 2 years.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2019 at 9:37 PM, nyjets1969 said:

I stated this when the Jets passed on Mike Mcarthy. The fans will regret passing on Mcarthy for this moron. Gase is Rich Kotite 2.0. 

Well since the Jets decided to ditch their classic uniforms so they can go back to those hideous Kotite  green helmets then why not hire a Kotite like coach to match? 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You figured this out after two whole games? 

What took you so long? 

But yeah, 100% right we lost the opener with our QB sick and sluggish.  Still should have won if the K makes to easy kicks.  Has to be Gases fault.

Then we're playing our third string practice squad QB early.  Gases fault too.

Excuse makers, why don't they watch games like the realists?

Come on, seriously?

Gase didn’t hatch from an egg week one. You may have heard he was a coach in our division and had other jobs before then which put him in the public eye.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Gase didn’t hatch from an egg week one. You may have heard he was a coach in our division and had other jobs before then which put him in the public eye.

Yes I did.  Perhaps someone should look at the team he had and how he somehow got to the playoffs once, contended a second time, both without his starting QB

His other jobs that you referenced were extremely successful.  

You may have heard, I know I did, a NFL season isn't done, win loss totals finished, story complete after 2 games.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, Joe Willie said:

The ONLY reason we almost won in week 1 was the Buffalo turnovers. Other than that, we sucked and devolved to a new level of sh*t last night. The NE game on Sunday likely will be a nightmare. Gase has to go. Period. End of story. He's no offensive genius and has failed to demonstrate, both in Miami and here, that he has the qualifications to be a HC. Woody and Chris need to get their heads out of their butts as well. 

So in your expert opinion, the Jets with a third string QB should have bested Cleveland if Gase was some other HC?  

Who would have won with that hand and how? 

Please no cliches

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So in your expert opinion, the Jets with a third string QB should have bested Cleveland if Gase was some other HC?  

Who would have won with that hand and how? 

Please no cliches

No, they probably would not have won against Cleveland with another HC given the current circumstances surrounding the entire team. However,  had they had a different, COMPETENT, HC from the get go, the character, capabilities, and play schemes of the team may have been different, and might have given them a chance to win or, at least, a chance for a respectable showing. Instead, with Gase, we get Todd Bowles 2.0, and we're no better off now than we were four or five years ago. No matter how you slice it, the hiring and continued employment of Gase is indefensible.

8 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Well since the Jets decided to ditch their classic uniforms so they can go back to those hideous Kotite  green helmets then why not hire a Kotite like coach to match? 

Jets uniforms were old, dated and ugly. The new ones at least look good and we have a while before they are associated with failure like our old ones. 

• Thumb Down 2

If Gase and JD did their jobs better the Jets would have beat the Bills and be 1-1.

But given the mess that Mac left them and Darnold being sick, I don’t know if Gase and JD could have or could do anything different to not lose the next 4 games.  

Gase will ultimately be judged by how the Jets play in the last 10 games. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes I did.  Perhaps someone should look at the team he had and how he somehow got to the playoffs once, contended a second time, both without his starting QB

His other jobs that you referenced were extremely successful.  

You may have heard, I know I did, a NFL season isn't done, win loss totals finished, story complete after 2 games.

I just commented that he seems to evade personal responsibility. Can’t disagree with your other points. ? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

No, they probably would not have won against Cleveland with another HC given the current circumstances surrounding the entire team. However,  had they had a different, COMPETENT, HC from the get go, the character, capabilities, and play schemes of the team may have been different, and might have given them a chance to win or, at least, a chance for a respectable showing. Instead, with Gase, we get Todd Bowles 2.0, and we're no better off now than we were four or five years ago. No matter how you slice it, the hiring and continued employment of Gase is indefensible.

So pure fantasy is the answer.  

The character, capabilities and play would be different? 

LOL.  Thanks for proving the point.  Let me guess, you never wanted him so this is what we get.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I just commented that he seems to evade personal responsibility. Can’t disagree with your other points. ? 

My bad, thought you were blaming the CS for the losses like so many have.

But Gase has clearly said after both loses that they need to do a better job coaching though.  But really, what can any coach do if the roster is this decimated?  We’re in a horrendous state given so many injuries to the most important position to a football team.  Especially given the rosters weaknesses to begin with at the Os supporting positions

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So pure fantasy is the answer.  

The character, capabilities and play would be different? 

LOL.  Thanks for proving the point.  Let me guess, you never wanted him so this is what we get.  

It's hardly fantasy. It's the truth. Start with a good foundation and the building will continue to stand. Start with sh*t and that's all that remains ... just like we have now. If you want to live in your little fantasy world of Gase being competent on ANY level, then be my guest. I've been around this Jets block for over 50 years and have seen it all. Gase is a complete joke.

• Post of the Week 1

some folks just cant acknowledge reality when it stares them in the face-same guys that still think the earth is flat-gase was horrible with the dolphins and was fired as a result-his offenses were terrible and his teams go worse not better. Only a team like the Jets can manage to see him as being worth giving a job too while at the same time a proven winner with a ring is dismissed. Jet fans have embraced some pretty terrible coaches over the years and we are part of the problem. We spend our money and go sit in the stands to watch the  Rich Kotites the Al Grohs the the herm edwards , todd bowles and yes Adam  Gase-

the solution is easy we have seen it done  before in the NFL and in other sports-you pay a proven guy big  bucks and let him run everything. The cubs went a century without winning and  they hired a proven guy in Theo and  they won not long after

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

It's hardly fantasy. It's the truth. Start with a good foundation and the building will continue to stand. Start with sh*t and that's all that remains ... just like we have now. If you want to live in your little fantasy world of Gase being competent on ANY level, then be my guest. I've been around this Jets block for over 50 years and have seen it all. Gase is a complete joke.

What are you talking about?  The foundation in the building is fine, it's been fixed the moment CJ fired Macc. 

The fantasy continues when Jets fans continue to whine about every failed HC and bundle a HC who's coached all of two games with all the well documented issues and bundle them together.  I've been a fan all those years, have had STs 42 years, could care less about anyone's sob stories, looking forward and will wait to see what he does with a full or close to full roster.  I don't deal with dream sequences based on something that went wrong in 1977

On 9/20/2019 at 9:10 AM, jacarter220 said:

Gase is awful. He was awful in Miami.

I literally laughed out loud when the Jets hired him. I haven't been disappointed.

I admit I was wrong 100% about Gase

I wanted McCarthy but I was ok with Gase I figured he’s an offensive coach who had some success with a mediocre dolphins team 

First 2 games his playcalling has been awful, Siemian looked completely unprepared bad decisions like passing up on a fg early in the 3rd quarter and he just seems like a toxic personality 

I doubt the Johnsons are smart and strong enough to fire Gase now

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What are you talking about?  The foundation in the building is fine, it's been fixed the moment CJ fired Macc. 

The fantasy continues when Jets fans continue to whine about every failed HC and bundle a HC who's coached all of two games with all the well documented issues and bundle them together.  I've been a fan all those years, have had STs 42 years, could care less about anyone's sob stories, looking forward and will wait to see what he does with a full or close to full roster.  I don't deal with dream sequences based on something that went wrong in 1977

Well, then you can dream on, and keep your faith in the total a$$wipes who have and continue to run this team into the ground. The foundation of the building is not fine ... it's rotting at its core, and that has been painfully obvious for years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I wanted McCarthy but I was ok with Gase I figured he’s an offensive coach who had some success with a mediocre dolphins team 

First 2 games his playcalling has been awful, Siemian looked completely unprepared bad decisions like passing up on a fg early in the 3rd quarter and he just seems like a toxic personality 

I mean I just watched what he did in Miami. Inherited a fairly talented roster, but had ZERO clue how to manage or lead people. Hence driving out Ajayi, Landry, etc. Look at what was left for Flores.

Just can’t wait until he does that to the Jets.

You hope Joe Douglas doesn’t let his friendship with Gase get in the way of making that critical decision ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been a fan 52 years so I know what some other posters have stated,  Its not opinion but fact.  AG is 3-21 (if I am not mistaken) in the last few years.  let that sink in.  We are headed for 0-4, maybe 0-6 (probably) and all I heard from  this HC is the same BS I heard for years...we need to coach better... really what a profound statement.  

The O has scored an exciting 11 pts in two games.   Now we all understand that any OL/DL needs time to jell but to have free pass rushers in two games and make NO adjustment - that I saw or are aware of -  is eerily similar to Rich Kotite's ineptitude.   Sorry, AG IMHO was not a good HC in Miami and  so far isn't here.... 

• Sympathy 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:33 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase is an awful head coach.  Thats not debateable.

Can he improve?  Sure, i would think so.  We have 14 more games this year to see if there is any improvement.

Gase over achieved in Miami, and is hamstrung with a decimated roster so far this year. That's what's not debatable.

Listen, I'm as upset with the HC as anyone is right now. I'm as upset with the GM as anyone right now. However, I say that just looking to vent. Unfortunately, just about ALL of this sh*t show we're watching belongs in Mac and toilets shoulders. I'm NOT ready to give up on this new front office. They MUST get a full off-season so they can be critiqued properly. That hasn't happened yet. The damage was already done long before Douglas arrived.

14 hours ago, jacarter220 said:

I mean I just watched what he did in Miami. Inherited a fairly talented roster, but had ZERO clue how to manage or lead people. Hence driving out Ajayi, Landry, etc. Look at what was left for Flores.

Just can’t wait until he does that to the Jets.

I have my problems with Gase, but this driving guys out argument is really weak. Ajayi and Landry have done nothing since moving on from Miami. I give him credit for recognizing those players were just overhyped JAG headaches. Some people make it sound as if he ran Antonio Brown out of town.

13 hours ago, SOJ said:

I have been a fan 52 years so I know what some other posters have stated,  Its not opinion but fact.  AG is 3-21 (if I am not mistaken) in the last few years.  let that sink in.  We are headed for 0-4, maybe 0-6 (probably) and all I heard from  this HC is the same BS I heard for years...we need to coach better... really what a profound statement.  

The O has scored an exciting 11 pts in two games.   Now we all understand that any OL/DL needs time to jell but to have free pass rushers in two games and make NO adjustment - that I saw or are aware of -  is eerily similar to Rich Kotite's ineptitude.   Sorry, AG IMHO was not a good HC in Miami and  so far isn't here.... 

You are mistaken, the Dolphins were 7-9 last year so the 3-21 must be in your agenda driven head.