Gase is another moron head coach we have!!!

LockeJET

I still think Gase will be a good HC for us but that decision to throw in the last 2 minutes of the first half was as dumb as could be.  All we had to do was run 3 times and we are only down 13-3.  Obviously we couldn't score so ultimately it didn't matter but you can't make decisions like that.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I was highly concerned about this but I read something recently that Joe Douglas is not married to Gase and would move on from him if it came down to that.  Dont remember the source but it seemed encouraging so I think it was a decent source. 

I really hope so, because Gase looks bad, he can't get a pass after Miami. But we know the Jets and of course he's going to get at least one more year.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I still think Gase will be a good HC for us but that decision to throw in the last 2 minutes of the first half was as dumb as could be.  All we had to do was run 3 times and we are only down 13-3.  Obviously we couldn't score so ultimately it didn't matter but you can't make decisions like that.

The decision to be aggressive wouldnt have been a bad decision if he took a timeout on defense with almost 2 minutes left on the clock.  He opted not to use a timeout, the Browns proceeded to run off the entire play clock and take a delay of game before the punt.   The decision to than not just run the clock out was completely baffling.  Run, throw, run allowing Clev. to stop the clock on both run plays, essentially handed them 3 points.  If you wanted to be aggressive, use the timeout on D to give your offense enough time to run a 2 minute drill. 

It was worse than anything I've ever witnessed the moron Todd Bowles ever do here and that's astonishing because Todd was the worst game manager I've ever seen in my life. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This is unfair. Gase has almost nothing to work with. This roster with the exception of about 5 to 8 players is horrible. Gase needs to be given more time so we can see what he can do when he had a talented roster.

It is never Adam Gase’s fault

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

The decision to be aggressive wouldnt have been a bad decision if he took a timeout on defense with almost 2 minutes left on the clock.  He opted not to use a timeout, the Browns proceeded to run off the entire play clock and take a delay of game before the punt.   The decision to than not just run the clock out was completely baffling.  Run, throw, run allowing Clev. to stop the clock on both run plays, essentially handed them 3 points.  If you wanted to be aggressive, use the timeout on D to give your offense enough time to run a 2 minute drill. 

It was worse than anything I've ever witnessed the moron Todd Bowles ever do here and that's astonishing because Todd was the worst game manager I've ever seen in my life. 

Nailed it. That 2 minutes of absolute hell is the reason I did what I've never done in 40 years of having my season tickets......I left at halftime. And I have to say, I didn't feel bad about the decision at all.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This is unfair. Gase has almost nothing to work with. This roster with the exception of about 5 to 8 players is horrible. Gase needs to be given more time so we can see what he can do when he had a talented roster.

A head coach needs to put his players in the best possible position to succeed and build game plans around the players he has.  He has to make in-game adjustments to bring out the best in the entire roster and so far, Gase has alarmingly not shown any ability whatsoever to do that.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

All tell ya whats unfair 50 years of BULLsh*t!!!!!!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

They didn’t. Leave him on an island all night. They used tight ends to block a lot. They also had trouble getting they’re receivers open. So you can protect but have unopen receiving options or try to get open receivers on shorter routes.

Not what i saw on tv our left tackle get bullied around all night, crap even the announcers said they needed help on blocking him. But after watching for 3/4s I got disgusted and started drifting off

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

4 yrs of progressively worse records entitles him to get extra time here. This is like eating a giant crap sandwich you it's bad after one bit why in the world would I want another bit or even let the chef make another sandwich?

1 hour ago, freestater said:

He got rid of Macc. I'm willing to let him show us what he's got for the next 14 games before I toss the baby out with the bathwater. That said, I was not impressed with clock management last night, nor the long leash given to #55 last week. 

This is literally the best thing Gase has done as a HC since he became a HC.

He stinks but folks around here are going to give him a pass bc he got rid of Macc.  

IT CAN BE BOTH PEOPLE.  HE DID US A SOLID BUT HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.  HE ALWAYS HAS.  NEVER A GOOD HC.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

This is literally the best thing Gase has done as a HC since he became a HC.

He stinks but folks around here are going to give him a pass bc he got rid of Macc.  

IT CAN BE BOTH PEOPLE.  HE DID US A SOLID BUT HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.  HE ALWAYS HAS.  NEVER A GOOD HC.

Ah, yes. Your use of all caps has shown me the way. I now wahrgarble too. Bravo, well done. 

47 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Not what i saw on tv our left tackle get bullied around all night, crap even the announcers said they needed help on blocking him. But after watching for 3/4s I got disgusted and started drifting off

He received help on almost 1/3 of his pass blocking plays. 

This stat doesn’t include his penalties which hurt nor his run blocking failings. It does underscore how little we as fans understand while watching and being emotionally invested.

• Upvote 2

He was awful last night and I like him.

End of the half was bad.

Playing calling in the second half, bad.

Playing calling on the only drive of the night on 3-2, 4-2 was atrocious.

Why no challenge on the pass in the end zone? Guy was clearly pushed. What am I missing?

Why decline two of the delay of game penalties on the Browns? Cost them as least 5 return yards. If he thought the ball would be a touchback, he thought wrong.

24 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

He was awful last night and I like him.

End of the half was bad.

Playing calling in the second half, bad.

Playing calling on the only drive of the night on 3-2, 4-2 was atrocious.

Why no challenge on the pass in the end zone? Guy was clearly pushed. What am I missing?

Why decline two of the delay of game penalties on the Browns? Cost them as least 5 return yards. If he thought the ball would be a touchback, he thought wrong.

If you are referring to the pass to Anderson I think the ball was un-catchable. 

I can't argue with much of the other issues with Gase so far. But it's kind of tough to call for  his lynching when there is a good chance Darnold played with mono week 1 (and still almost won) and we played with our 3rd string QB much of last night's game. 

It makes the in game strategy very difficult when you have a 3rd string QB in the game. Do you play aggressive late in the half, do you just try to survive before the half? 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you are referring to the pass to Anderson I think the ball was un-catchable. 

I can't argue with much of the other issues with Gase so far. But it's kind of tough to call for  his lynching when there is a good chance Darnold played with mono week 1 (and still almost won) and we played with our 3rd string QB much of last night's game. 

It makes the in game strategy very difficult when you have a 3rd string QB in the game. Do you play aggressive late in the half, do you just try to survive before the half? 

Its premature to call for his firing. He needs a chance with his full team. Early returns are not positive though.

• Upvote 2

The ONLY reason we almost won in week 1 was the Buffalo turnovers. Other than that, we sucked and devolved to a new level of sh*t last night. The NE game on Sunday likely will be a nightmare. Gase has to go. Period. End of story. He's no offensive genius and has failed to demonstrate, both in Miami and here, that he has the qualifications to be a HC. Woody and Chris need to get their heads out of their butts as well. 

On 9/16/2019 at 10:11 PM, WowOhWow said:

I'm convinced you are simply taking the other side of this Gase issue.  You can't really like what you see.  

Gase is such a bad coach it's laughable.  He gave away three points.  So stupid.  He's about to lose his 5th in a row.  he's well below .500.

And you're defending him.  Good for you.

I'm thinking you know nothing about me or the game.

This isnt a Gase thing, this is a Macc and injury thing.

You and all those who didnt like him before or just find it easier to blame one person over the obvious can high five each other all day.  I could care less.  

On 9/16/2019 at 11:25 PM, GREENBEAN said:

I can’t even understand why I’m surprised at just how ridiculous it has been in here the past week.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Simple.

Most here hated the Gase hire.

We're 0-2.  Makes no difference that we should be 1-1 if not for out kicker.

Or any other roster related issues.

It automatically becomes Gases fault so that those who whined incessantly in the off season can now try to tell everyone they were right.  

Congrats all around.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Simple.

Most here hated the Gase hire.

We're 0-2.  Makes no difference that we should be 1-1 if not for out kicker.

Or any other roster related issues.

It automatically becomes Gases fault so that those who whined incessantly in the off season can now try to tell everyone they were right.  

Congrats all around.  

You are aware that we are literally one of the worst run franchises in the history of the NFL right.  We are not whining.  We have high expectations.  Always amazed when fans accept mediocrity or worse.  We all want the Jets to succeed.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

You are aware that we are literally one of the worst run franchises in the history of the NFL right.  We are not whining.  We have high expectations.  Always amazed when fans accept mediocrity or worse.  We all want the Jets to succeed.  

Youre aware, actually I doubt it, that what we did in the past has absolutely nothing to do what we will become moving forward with a different CEO, different GM a different HC and totally different staff?

I bet not because then you would realize it IS whining.  

Now, somewhere in your vast experience here, who are these Jets fans who accept mediocrity?  

On 9/16/2019 at 10:56 PM, Philc1 said:

Gase is surviving the season due to the avalanche of injuries but so far he looks horrible

And I’m scared of what Douglas is going to do in the draft

So we have a team with suspect depth and you expect a coach to win with an avalanche of injuries ?

Not only do injuries affect the position itself, they hurt the entire team and the teams morale as well. We lost our QB on Offense and our QB on defense and that, as shown in the Bills game, has a negative effect on the entire team.

If anyone is to be held accountable it's the coaching of the offensive line which has been terrible and yes Gase is part of that process. Maybe Kalil was the wrong move since most here felt Harrison was improving. I thought Harrison should have held his role until beat out or at least until Kalil could get into football shape. Honestly we were not in dire straits here, we could have taken our time with the center position. I never understood the rush to get a guy sitting on the couch into game situations. 

With all that being said we should also realize it takes time for a teams to get used to a new offense. Sometimes they don't get proficient until mid season. The way the NFL has ruined the practice structure and now tells teams how they can practice there is much less time to teach and therefore it takes much more time to get things done or get the team on the same page. Remember the days of the Parcells 2 a days ? That sh*ts over and that's why you see so many delay of games and miscommunications in today's NFL . In week one There were delay of game calls at an alarming rate and most of the football I watched was a freaking mess other than the teams who had coaches with the same system for years Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh, Sean McVay, Sean Peyton, all seemed in much better shape than teams with new coaches which should also be understandable.

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2019 at 10:49 AM, kdels62 said:

He received help on almost 1/3 of his pass blocking plays. 

This stat doesn’t include his penalties which hurt nor his run blocking failings. It does underscore how little we as fans understand while watching and being emotionally invested.

We were in an empty backfield more often than not and when we did have someone in the backfield Bell was still going out on routes. Now tell me how do we block seven rushers with 5 guys ? We've seen this crap before with Shotty and its infuriating. if a team is getting a big rush then adapt and do something about it, we don't seem to adapt and then its real easy to just blame the players. Who is going to stop Garrett in today's NFL for an entire game with little to no help ? If anyone on this board expected Beachum to stop Garrett by himself all game long they are smoking something and even at that Beachum did a decent job

On 9/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, ItsTheSameOldJets said:

Gotta love Gase keeping the points on the field last night, and going for it on 4th, our coach maybe on way to much adderall and is over thinking his playbook 

Dumb decision by Gase and the next play was the 90 yard td by OBJ