Gase is another moron head coach we have!!!

LockeJET

Take away most coach's starting qb and there is trouble. 
However, this is pretty horrible. I was hopeful but it's clear Douglas has some work to do. Darnold is real, Leveon is real. Everyone else is expendable. EVERYONE. 
Adams and maye look decent, Crowder looks good Herndon we should hold out hope for?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Chris Johnson is a bigger clueless dickbag than his brother.

I’ve never understood the praise for this jackass.

The real problem is the Johnsons

We could have had Mike McCarthy who wanted to come here instead we get the dumber Mangini 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

And if Bellamy catches the ball this thread is even more pointless
The team has a QB who was on the practice squad a few days ago and you're calling the HC a moron?  For trying to move the ball when nothing is working with that shltty OL.  LOL

I can’t even understand why I’m surprised at just how ridiculous it has been in here the past week.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did everyone say these things about New Orleans and Sean Peyton when Brees got hurt ? They stunk yesterday and they have elite skill players at every level. You lose your QB sh*t spirals downward very quickly. 

Lets not cut the wrists just yet.

Our problems are deeper than QB

Look I supported the Gase hire.  McCarthy was my number one choice but Gase was second.  He’s been horrible so far

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Happy Clouds said:

And right now, I’m not particularly confident that those are guarantees. 

Problem is we can’t even tank.  Not only is the second half our schedule easy we get Sam, CJ and Herndon all back by then so we win 5-6 games

We will win both dolphin games, Giants - that’s 3 wins easily

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Our problems are deeper than QB

Look I supported the Gase hire.  McCarthy was my number one choice but Gase was second.  He’s been horrible so far

My point was even Elite teams have these issues when a back up who gets ZERO reps comes in and tries to make sh*t happen. Only problem is Trevor had a week of reps and looked worse than Falk who had ZERO

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

It has been bad....but lets see a healthy Darnold play a few games with Gase first before firing him....

It doesn't look good, but cautiously optimistic that Darnold can help turn things around somewhat and show some promise once healthy....if not, shoot me please

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

My point was even Elite teams have these issues when a back up who gets ZERO reps comes in and tries to make sh*t happen. Only problem is Trevor had a week of reps and looked worse than Falk who had ZERO

The OL got Siemian killed (literally)

Falk got the benefit of not having anxiety of knowing he was playing all week.  I’ll keep saying it I don’t care what people say I thought Falk actually played well

But Gase’s decision making so far has been always wrong. Pass on an easy fg. Everything is a screen.  Runs the ball down three scores in the 4th quarter and this is after he didn’t have a good game week 1

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, papz187 said:

It has been bad....but lets see a healthy Darnold play a few games with Gase first before firing him....

It doesn't look good, but cautiously optimistic that Darnold can help turn things around somewhat and show some promise once healthy....if not, shoot me please

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gase is surviving the season due to the avalanche of injuries but so far he looks horrible

And I’m scared of what Douglas is going to do in the draft

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rldev said:

Sorry guys are unblocked everywhere. Penalties galore. Bad coaching. It's an embarrassment.

Agreed. It was a really hard game to watch. All the penalties just point to bad coaching. That jerkoff Booker made it worse listening to his dribble. God that's the best ESPN has ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The OL got Siemian killed (literally)

Falk got the benefit of not having anxiety of knowing he was playing all week.  I’ll keep saying it I don’t care what people say I thought Falk actually played well

But Gase’s decision making so far has been always wrong. Pass on an easy fg. Everything is a screen.  Runs the ball down three scores in the 4th quarter and this is after he didn’t have a good game week 1

Agreed, especially considering he had very little prep time and was working with a sieve for an OL.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

If you were going to pass on that last drive then why wouldn't you call timeout on that 4th down to save yourself 35 seconds. When you let the clock roll, then you have to run 3 times and be happy to go into the half down 10.

You get the ball back at the half. He is a complete moron of a coach. You're backed up in your own endzone!!

Gase had no chance tonight. Macc's roster (devoid of talent), injuries (3rd string QB)  and Sam getting Mono, he had no chance. Just wait and you'll see Gase will be the best HC we've had in the last 20 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

You guys all crack me up. 

How many threads have been started here about firing Macc because this entire roster is devoid of home grown talent from the draft? How many threads about Macc ignoring the Oline? 

Freaking Baker Mayfield at times had all day to throw & he's throwing to one of the top 3 WRs in the league & Jarvis Landry has more catches the last 4 years than any WR in the league. 

Did you see Leonard Williams last night, our 6th pick in the draft in 2015? Me neither. 

Did you see the 3rd & 20 go for 26 yards RIGHT BETWEEN our 6th pick in 2017 & our 2nd round in the same draft? 

Did you see that pass rusher Myles Garrett abuse grandpa Beachum? This team is devoid of talent at the most important positions except QB when Sam gets back. Unlike Miami, we don't have any players of any value to trade. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, LockeJET said:

If you were going to pass on that last drive then why wouldn't you call timeout on that 4th down to save yourself 35 seconds. When you let the clock roll, then you have to run 3 times and be happy to go into the half down 10.

You get the ball back at the half. He is a complete moron of a coach. You're backed up in your own endzone!!

I don't disagree with you, however Josh Bellamy should have caught ball instead of dropping it. It was a good pass.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't disagree with you, however Josh Bellamy should have caught ball instead of dropping it. It was a good pass.

Yes, of course! But those are the risks we shouldn't have been taking at that point.. Run run run and go into the half down 10. We got the ball back at the half. It also forced us to go for that 4th and 2. Had we not given them the 3 at the end of the half, Gase wouldn't have gone for it. We would've kicked the FG and only been down 7 in the 3rd quarter. Next play OBJ goes 89 and game over!

5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Yes, of course! But those are the risks we shouldn't have been taking at that point.. Run run run and go into the half down 10. We got the ball back at the half. It also forced us to go for that 4th and 2. Had we not given them the 3 at the end of the half, Gase wouldn't have gone for it. We would've kicked the FG and only been down 7 in the 3rd quarter. Next play OBJ goes 89 and game over!

I absolutely agree with you. I was at the game when we got the ball back inside the 5, I texted my buddy and said we just take a knee and let time run out.  The only point I was making was that it was a nice throw and Bellamy has to make that catch. 

The  entire game was as painful to watch as any in recent memory but I have to say what really left me scratching my head was his decision at the end of the game.  Last series, we are down 23-3, we are on our 3rd string QB, no backup plan in site that knows the playbook, Myles Garrett killing us all game, and Gase has Falk back passing in an unwinnable game.  Hand the effin ball off or take a knee and get out of there.  What was plan if you got Falk killed at end of game.  Made zero sense to me . And actually put more players at injury risk as Browns were just looking to light someone up as they had nothing to lose.  Doesn't matter in in the big picture but pissed me off watching it

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I absolutely agree with you. I was at the game when we got the ball back inside the 5, I texted my buddy and said we just take a knee and let time run out.  The only point I was making was that it was a nice throw and Bellamy has to make that catch. 

Taking some chances was the right call! Bellamy needed to catch the f*cking ball! These are f*cking pros getting paid to catch a f*cking ball put right on your hands! Stop blaming the coach for players not executing simple NFL plays. 

We were outmanned, outgunned, taking chances was the only chance we had. Stop making excuses for sh*tty players! 

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Taking some chances was the right call! Bellamy needed to catch the f*cking ball! These are f*cking pros getting paid to catch a f*cking ball put right on your hands! Stop blaming the coach for players not executing simple NFL plays. 

We were outmanned, outgunned, taking chances was the only chance we had. Stop making excuses for sh*tty players! 

I also have a hard time killing Gase, he is playing with a very limited team at this point. Faulk threw a beautiful pass that Bellamy has to catch. Yet no one is blaming Bellamy.

9 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Gase is an unmitigated disaster, just like the Johnson brothers. They should buy him a one way ticket back to Miami. Why in Heaven's name didn't they hire Mike McCarthy, a proven and winning head coach? I'll tell you why ... because they're the frickin' Jets, that's why. I was 7 years old when they won the SB, and I'm convinced that I won't see another in my lifetime. No QB, no offensive line, no pass rush, no secondary, and they can't run a draft for sh*t. I just don't know why I bother anymore ... but I do!

I smell another rebuild. 3more years.

All things considered the d has done okay. They are rarely off the pitch. I can't understand why the play calling is all behind the line. I don't think it is an overreaction to say gase is very poor. I hate saying that too as I usually want to give people a chance. He has to show that in his play calling. Jets are boring to watch on offence save for le'veon bell.

• Upvote 2

i get all of the love for gase but in reality he working with a patchwork oline that was largely left by mac.  i realize this isn't much of an excuse since he and douglas could have replaced all of those guys but that still wouldn't mean they'd be good until they started playing together.  this is only the 2nd game these guys have played together.  it takes time. and as much as siemian is a decent back up he didn't help himself last night.  falk was much better running what little offense there was.

i agree about the lost 3 pts before the half. there was no reason why the defense had to come back on the field before the half.

9 hours ago, jmat321 said:

He couldn’t keep his QBs healthy in Miami.  Sure isn’t doing it here.  From what I’ve seen so far, if Darnold didn’t get mono, it would have just been an injury on the field w/ this offensive line situation. 

the reason why is because he devalues the oline. he believes with the right qb and good guards the rest of the line is not important. That is because his best yrs with Manning , Manning got rid of the ball very quickly and always adjusted at a hall of fame level What we are seeing is a player that made the coach not the other way around that people will have you believe

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1