The 1pm game thread

Maxman

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Watching Pat Mahomes. Him and Sam maneuver the pocket similar. I’m seeing Pat really excel on the roll outs. He creates space for himself to throw. Please Gase...please implement roll outs.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel like Aaron Rodger’s playing style is what Sam can mirror. This is why I truly wanted McCarthy. Not just his success but all he had to do was coach Sam how he coached Aaron. 

I get the knock on his system being really outdated but sh*t....look where we are at the moment.

Mahomes and Rodgers, Huh?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nice drive by Allen and the Bills.  6-6 on the drive and the 1 yard TD run.  Bills hanging tough.

There will be a lot of broken hearts here if Allen leads them to another comeback win today.

Combine that with Mayfield and the Browns beating the Ravens? Hoo boy...

(and lets not even mention the kid on the Giants.)

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

There will be a lot of broken hearts here if Allen leads them to another comeback win today.

I think the trade off of negating a Pats perfect season is worth the X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Darnold comparisons for now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Mahomes and Rodgers, Huh?

I wasn’t calling Sam Darnold either of those players. I really don’t see the foul here. I was making a simple observation... Pat Mahomes pocket maneuvering is similar to Sam as he finds ways to create throwing lanes accurately while moving. Aaron Rodgers does the same and has a similar playing style. Those three guys play with similar STYLES. I don’t think I said anything over the top? Again, I didn’t call him either of those players.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wasn’t calling Sam Darnold either of those players. I really don’t see the foul here. I was making a simple observation... Pat Mahomes pocket maneuvering is similar to Sam as he finds ways to create throwing lanes accurately while moving. Aaron Rodgers does the same and has a similar playing style. Those three guys play with similar STYLES. I don’t think I said anything over the top? Again, I didn’t call him either of those players.

Just be careful with your words next time. Too much Sam optimism isn't exactly in vogue right now

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Itll be worth it to see the Pats lose. 100/100 times.

The Allen argument wont work today because they probably wouldn't be losing in the first place if it wasnt for 2 picks that led to TDs.

Same with Jones throwing 2 picks against that atrocious D. 

Baker is doing nice right now though. He really needs a win and a good performance.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It sucks that the Jets are pretty much irrelevant and the calendar hasn't turned over to October yet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Itll be worth it to see the Pats lose. 100/100 times.

The Allen argument wont work today because they probably wouldn't be losing in the first place if it wasnt for 2 picks that led to TDs.

Same with Jones throwing 2 picks against that atrocious D. 

Baker is doing nice right now though. He really needs a win and a good performance.

I'm talking more about how people here couldn't wait to pile on Mayfield and Allen today. Just look through the thread. It makes them feel better about our team when they do that, I guess.

As far as Jones? Even with the 2 picks, the kid is playing very well. He's doing what you want to see a young QB do. Raise the level of the offense. The OL and WRs looked better the minute he took his first snap. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm talking more about how people here couldn't wait to pile on Mayfield and Allen today. Just look through the thread. It makes them feel better about our team when they do that, I guess.

As far as Jones? Even with the 2 picks, the kid is playing very well. He's doing what you want to see a young QB do. Raise the level of the offense. The OL and WRs looked better the minute he took his first snap. 

I can only speak for myself, but my pure Allen disdain comes from that utterly painful troll I've had to deal with in the other thread.