Protest this team

drcgull

I am a PSL/ season ticket holder. Is there any way to organize the season ticket holders to show their displeasure by not showing up and not selling your tickets to a game. It would really make a statement to have the stadium 75 percent empty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, drcgull said:

I am a PSL/ season ticket holder. Is there any way to organize the season ticket holders to show their displeasure by not showing up and not selling your tickets to a game. It would really make a statement to have the stadium 75 percent empty. 

how does selling the tickets lead to a 75% empty stadium?

edit I need to learn to read

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, drcgull said:

I feel sorry for PSL holders.... this is a shlt show of major proportion and I agree. I won’t wear any Jets stuff that I own as long as this is the JETS. We have been a bottom 3 team for years and a bottom third team for 50 years.  

Woody is a boob and Chris is right behind him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, drcgull said:

Yea, don’t renew your tickets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, drcgull said:

I understand where you're coming from but here is the bottom line, the seats are already sold. That's all the owners care about. Empty stadium means little unfortunately.     

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, drcgull said:

Just when you think Jets fans can't sink any lower in their self-hatred and victim-playing there's this.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The best way to recruit a hot head coaching candidate next year is to fire your head coach this year.  After 4 games.  Stuck with a third-string quarterback.

Mets fans are idiots.  Just idiots.

SAR I

He's a QB guru. Peyton Manning approved, remember? 

5 weeks in and the defense has scored more points than the offense. IDGAF who the QB is, that stat should be a freaking impossibility. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

29 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I understand where you're coming from but here is the bottom line, the seats are already sold. That's all the owners care about. Empty stadium means little unfortunately.     

It would send a message. Just imagine an empty stadium on TV. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drcgull said:

Our season has been purchased already. J Bros. don't care, Seats purchased too.

It is difficult indeed not wanting to side with those who are pro "emptying the stadium".

When you consider the time, energy , effort and money required to see a Jets game one would at least hope the team is competitive and would make the journey to the stadium worth it.

But this mismanaged mess of an organization has for too long banked on millions of people from the tristate area spending tons of money on their brand.

But the current Jets brand is potentially the worst of all time, and that is saying something indeed. If there was ever a time for the fans to really make their disgust known it is now.

I am completely and totally sick of all things Jets. I'm done. 

1 hour ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Yes it does. First off it looks bad on TV when there are empty sections. Secondly there are vendors who are paying a lot of money for the right to have a concession at the stadium and they would lose tons of revenue which I'm sure the owners share in. 

1 hour ago, drcgull said:

If only there was a plane or something you could rent with a message to the Johnson brothers flying on a banner behind it. Fly it over the stadium during the pregame and game... that would teach them.

2 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

That's not the point. To make a statement to dumb and dumber, you need to embarrass them, What better way than to have a stadium nearly empty, and those in attendance wearing bags over their heads. The NFL front offices certainly wouldn't be too happy with this sight in a NY market. I doubt this ever happens, but I get what the OP is saying. Embarrassment for the dynamic duo is what is needed.

27 minutes ago, billo83 said:

That's not the point. To make a statement to dumb and dumber, you need to embarrass them, What better way than to have a stadium nearly empty, and those in attendance wearing bags over their heads. The NFL front offices certainly wouldn't be too happy with this sight in a NY market. I doubt this ever happens, but I get what the OP is saying. Embarrassment for the dynamic duo is what is needed.

I'll be at the game if 14 is playing, if not I dont care. I'll judge the coach and team when they have an nfl qb on the field. Save the protests.

3 hours ago, drcgull said:

The larger protest would be if 75 percent of the season ticket holders didn't renew next year, and nobody else bought them.

• Upvote 1