PFF Grades

msena88

36 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Scared money never makes money.  

At least due to his “playing not to lose”, to protect his job and incompetence the Jets were able to luck into someone who might be the Top Rated QB in the NFL in the future.

Darnold is his only first round pick that could get an even return in trade today. Sad.

The NFL doesn't distinguish between OL positions for franchise tag numbers (which sucks for LTs).  Also, IIRC, Scherff was drafted to be a Tackle, but wasn't very good at it so they moved him to OG where he has excelled.  Not sure if they would have drafted him there if they knew that ahead of time.

He was a tackle in college but was projected to most likely play Guard when he was drafted

"Scherff has measurables and traits to play tackle in the league but might be better suited to play guard. More powerful than explosive, Scherff is not a scheme-specific talent and can maul or move in run game. Road-grader with pancake-man potential, but has holes in his pass protection that will be exposed on the next level -- especially at tackle."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/brandon-scherff?id=2552353

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile look at all the IMPACTZ the other guys in the top 10 of the draft have made.  Garrett leading the Browns to win after win, Corey Davis caught a pass last week!  I think John Ross still plays but not sure..

I-M-P-A-C-T POWER!

1 1 Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett  DE Texas A&M SEC  
  1 2 Chicago Bears Mitchell Trubisky  QB North Carolina ACC from San Francisco [R1 - 1]
  1 3 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas  DE Stanford Pac-12 from Chicago [R1 - 2]
  1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars Leonard Fournette  RB LSU SEC  
  1 5 Tennessee Titans Corey Davis  WR Western Michigan MAC from LA Rams [R1 - 3]
  1 6 New York Jets Jamal Adams  S LSU SEC  
  1 7 Los Angeles Chargers Mike Williams  WR Clemson ACC  
  1 8 Carolina Panthers Christian McCaffrey  RB Stanford Pac-12  
  1 9 Cincinnati Bengals John Ross  WR Washington Pac-12  

Other than Garrett, none of those players lived up to the hype in the top 5  

Imagine the jets got Solomon Thomas or Davis   

Jets fans crying that they drafted a guy who be 5+ pro bowler 

On 10/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, CTM said:

Which players are ahead of him and what was their draft slot?

I don't think him being the 4th best safety is anything to crow about, is it? It's year 3 and he's one of highest drafted safeties of all time  @1.6

What current players on the Jets are either the first, second, third, fourth or fifth best at their position in the NFL?  Maybe Crowder? Moseley?

I will take a team filled with 4th best players at their position regardless of where we drafted them.

Just now, Alka said:

What current players on the Jets are either the first, second, third, fourth or fifth best at their position in the NFL?  Maybe Crowder? Moseley?

I will take a team filled with 4th best players at their position regardless of where we drafted them.

Ok again, but if you look there's been 2 other safeties in 25 years of the modern era of football as highly drafted as JA, Sean Taylor #5 and Laron Landry #6.  I'm saying that doing something that really doesn't happen often (taking a safety top 6) and netting the 4th best player at the position isn't really something to crow about. That's 150 top 6 picks in 25 years, 3 of which were a safety.  

13 minutes ago, Alka said:

This is the issue, the Jets are not filled with these type of players and few teams are filled with them.

The ones we have are in lower positional value positions we are almost devoid of ones in premium positions.

Can a team spring for a 6th overall pick to get a really good safety?  sure.  But you also have to be filling other important positions.

The jets have prioritized safety, interior dline and ILB over the last number of years.  Having the 4th best at these positions does not make you win in this league.