The mic decision and the handling of Osemele tells me Gase & Douglas are idiots

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

On this topic...It’s a dumpster fire that’s starts with the owners. Everything else is conjecture.

Yes it does. Hopefully sooner than later it becomes everyone who follows this teams' focus. Only then will anything be better.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

A bad game against Jacksonville and it gets very nasty. The whole the media is on this Ghost thing. Losing is one, the constant ridicule gets personal very quickly. Someone is going to have to be blamed, that someone is Adam Gase. No way is he back for 2020.

Your right, there is a pattern look how he got ride or alienated his players in Miami. The same thing is happening here.

Gets? 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Dude, that is such nonsense. This isn't the local cracker barrel.... these are 7-figure salaries and careers on the line... Joe Douglas will fire Adam Gase faster than a fart if he needs to/deems it necessary. They're not married and I wish people would stop applying McDonalds' Monopoly rules to managing a billion dollar NFL franchise. 

Oh bullsh*t.  Gase convinced them to fire Maccagnan based on not being provided a workable roster.  Then you are going to dump him without ever giving him a workable roster?  I never liked Gase or the hire, but he hasn't exactly been given much of a chance here. 

You think Douglas is going to dump the guy, but why did he take the Jets job?  If Douglas was the candidate everyone was spouting he'd have multiple chances at that job.  What advantages does this job have? Understanding press?  Rational fans?  Ownership?  Darnold?  A big part of the reason he took this job was his relationship with Gase. 

If it ends up being the sh*t show it has been, sure they can dump the guy, but they are going to give him every opportunity to right the ship.  What I think is nonsense is fans thinking that ownership showing they are "fed up with losing" somehow means something and will in any way will bring about winning sooner.

FWIW, I can't help thinking I am missing some movie reference, but whatever.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Dude, that is such nonsense. This isn't the local cracker barrel.... these are 7-figure salaries and careers on the line... Joe Douglas will fire Adam Gase faster than a fart if he needs to/deems it necessary. They're not married and I wish people would stop applying McDonalds' Monopoly rules to managing a billion dollar NFL franchise. 

The_Wire_Omar.jpg

Douglas would not have his job if not for Gase.  That alone buys Gase at least another year.

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

From what Gase said it didn’t sound like it was up to him to decide to mic up Sam. Not sure if I believe him but it was a terrible idea. Should have put it on Adams if someone had to be mic ‘ed up. 

Why not Brady? I’m sure everyone wants to hear his deep thoughts 

My understanding is that Darnold was scheduled to be mic'd up for the MNF game vs. Cleveland.  When he got Mono they have to cancel that.  This may have been a case of the Jets feeling like they kinda owed one to NFL Films.  Not sure.

• Upvote 1

I’m going to say this one last time.

Gase showed you how adept he is at back room politics when he only needed 3 months to overthrow Macc and then hand pick the GM of his choosing.

All you people loved him for it.

There is no way Douglas and/or CJ are firing him after one year. If things stay the way they are and Darnold doesn’t show marked improvement, Gase and Douglas play the “We didn’t draft him. He’s not our guy, we deserve to pick our QB, not be judged on Macc’s QB” card.

If he plays bad, Gase drops Darnold with JDs blessing and Gase stays. If he plays well, they both stay.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Gase pressers are borderline unwatchable. He’s just not a likable guy. 

”I don’t have to answer these questions from you.” Is what he literally just said. good grief. 

To be fair, he doesn't and he shouldn't have to answer the same question 3 times about why he's spending his time coaching and why he's not in the training room holding hands with injured players or consoling them.  The reporters were atrocious today, bringing up some players in the past who had an issue with Gase and essentially asking, "Is this why players in Miami didn't like you....because you didn't care about them?"

Don't the Jets have a medical staff, a training staff?  Do those guys go out to the field and suggest what drills the RBs should practice or what the defensive strategy should be vs. Jacksonville?

Gase has to put in a game plan, conduct practices, prepare 53 guys during a short week for a road game in Jacksonville....and he's supposed to be in the training room playing nurse?

It's a f'ing game week and our reporters are asking about why some players may not have liked Gase during his time in Miami.  I wouldn't answer that sh*t either.  Go ask the players in Miami.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Gase showed you how adept he is at back room politics when he only needed 3 months to overthrow Macc and then hand pick the GM of his choosing.

There is no way Douglas and/or CJ are firing him after one year. If things stay the way they are and Darnold doesn’t show marked improvement, Gase and Douglas play the “We didn’t draft him. He’s not our guy, we deserve to pick our QB, not be judged on Macc’s QB” card.

If he plays bad, Gase drops Darnold with JDs blessing and Gase stays. If he plays well, they both stay.

And the sad truth is that management will go along with it.

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm calling BS on this one.  Gase did choose Darnold.  So did Joe Douglas.  They choose him by coming here to run a team with Darnold still having 4 years left on his contract.  They essentially both said, "Darnold is our guy."  Not only that, but they had the benefit of seeing 10+ NFL games of film on Darnold before deciding to come here.

Douglas scouted him in his capacity in the Eagles front office (even if QB wasn't a focus for Philly).  Gase coached against him twice.  Not even the Johnsons are stupid enough to listen to an argument that, "we were stuck with a bad QB and didn't know we'd need to replace him."

• Upvote 3

I dont believe Gase is a good Head Coach - he admitted to the fact that he has Joe Vitt do the pep talks because he (Gase) is no good at it.  It also seems GW has a bigger role than just DC.  What Gase is here for is to develop a QB and design an offense tailored to our QBs strengths - unfortunately he inherited a roster completely bereft of talent.  I am sure Joe D is spending night and day going over data and film with his scouts - I am sure he cud care less whats going on the field this year because he knows how pathetic the roster is.  If he is such a great talent evaluator, hopefully he adds at least 5 impact players via free agency and the draft next year.  Only then can we start to evaluate Gase.  So far our core consists solely of Darnold, Bell, Herndon, QW, Mosely, Adams and Maye...  We need 5 OL, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB, 2 DL, 2 Edfge and 2 CBs.   16 of our 22 starters are pure garbage.  It is not an exaggeration to state that 12 of our starters would not start for any other NFL team.  If you cannot realize that - you will be complaining to deaf ears.

Would any of the following players be starting for any other NFL team in the same capacity as they start for the Jets:  OL Shell, OL Beachum, OL Odoga, OL Kahlil, OL Winters, WR Anderson, WR DT, DL Phillips, DL Fatukasi, DL McClendon, LB Jenkins, LB Hewitt, LB Cashman, LB Basham, CB Roberts, CB Johnson?  Sorry Thats 16 of our current 22 starters who STINK!

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

My goodness... you people are whiny and wrong all the time.

F him, althought that is 100% on Mac,  he's stealing paychecks and just wants to site home and collect.  Methinks he has been a jerk from day one and the Jets are simply giving him the middle finger he deserves.

35 minutes ago, section314 said:

And the sad truth is that management will go along with it.

Yes, they will. And below this I’ll tell you and jet stream why.

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm calling BS on this one.  Gase did choose Darnold.  So did Joe Douglas.  They choose him by coming here to run a team with Darnold still having 4 years left on his contract.  They essentially both said, "Darnold is our guy."  Not only that, but they had the benefit of seeing 10+ NFL games of film on Darnold before deciding to come here.

Douglas scouted him in his capacity in the Eagles front office (even if QB wasn't a focus for Philly).  Gase coached against him twice.  Not even the Johnsons are stupid enough to listen to an argument that, "we were stuck with a bad QB and didn't know we'd need to replace him."

Yes, they probably saw Sam as a great young QB prospect, and very few new GMs and HCs come into a new job with a one year QB like Sam already there.

That said, water doesn’t run uphill, it goes downhill. CJ hired Gase, he and Gase hired Douglas. None of them chose Darnold, Macc did.

Gase is a back room brawler. CJ doesn’t want to admit his first big hire failed in one year. Douglas, although safe here either way, has an allegiance to Gase, if for no other reason then Gase hired him.

I’m not saying they want to dump Darnold, that’s the last thing they want to do. The best thing that could happen to them is Sam balls out, and becomes the tide that rises all boats. 

What I am saying though, is if for some reason Sam doesn’t look like he’s going to be that guy, and there is enough pressure on Gase that he feels like his job is in jeopardy, he’s going to play the card available, and that’s the, hey he’s not MY guy card.

Its been played many times before, and by guys a lot less Machevellian then Gase. CJ doesn’t want to look the fool, and JD is tied to the HC, not Darnold.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

The_Wire_Omar.jpg

i would 100% agree that if it needs to be done and has to be done then Douglas would do it.  He's on a 6 year deal, he's going no where anytime soon (especially since we're still paying mac off).  Gase on the other hand we have no idea how long his contract is for, the terms were actually never released i believe?

Either way the issue here is that Douglas would not be the one to fire Gase.. That power and decision lies almost solely in the hands of Christopher Johnson.  Going by track record of him and his brother, it would suggest that Gase will be given 3 years to either sink or swim. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Oh bullsh*t.  Gase convinced them to fire Maccagnan based on not being provided a workable roster.  Then you are going to dump him without ever giving him a workable roster?  I never liked Gase or the hire, but he hasn't exactly been given much of a chance here. 

A strong wind would have blown Macc out of the office. He did it to himself when he didn't listen to his staff and signed poor FAs and drafted a set of spare tires. Gase's "strong arming" Macc out of office is being blown out of proportion. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think Douglas is going to dump the guy, but why did he take the Jets job?  If Douglas was the candidate everyone was spouting he'd have multiple chances at that job.  What advantages does this job have? Understanding press?  Rational fans?  Ownership?  Darnold?  A big part of the reason he took this job was his relationship with Gase. 

There's a familiarity and mutual respect between Gase/Douglas... but that's where it ends. As a HC, you know part of GM's job is making coaching decision. These aren't social justice snowflakes. If I'm Gase, and petition for JD to be the GM, i'm also doing so understanding that he may be forced to act as executioner if I don't do my job.... that's implied. That's what the real world looks like... 

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes, they will. And below this I’ll tell you and jet stream why.

Yes, they probably saw Sam as a great young QB prospect, and very few new GMs and HCs come into a new job with a one year QB like Sam already there.

That said, water doesn’t run uphill, it goes downhill. CJ hired Gase, he and Gase hired Douglas. None of them chose Darnold, Macc did.

Gase is a back room brawler. CJ doesn’t want to admit his first big hire failed in one year. Douglas, although safe here either way, has an allegiance to Gase, if for no other reason then Gase hired him.

I’m not saying they want to dump Darnold, that’s the last thing they want to do. The best thing that could happen to them is Sam balls out, and becomes the tide that rises all boats. 

What I am saying though, is if for some reason Sam doesn’t look like he’s going to be that guy, and there is enough pressure on Gase that he feels like his job is in jeopardy, he’s going to play the card available, and that’s the, hey he’s not MY guy card.

Its been played many times before, and by guys a lot less Machevellian then Gase. CJ doesn’t want to look the fool, and JD is tied to the HC, not Darnold.

I know Chris Johnson is dumb as sh-t but grow up admit you made an enormous mistake for once

Just now, Paradis said:

A strong wind would have blown Macc out of the office. He did it to himself when he didn't listen to his staff and signed poor FAs and drafted a set of spare tires. Gase's "strong arming" Macc out of office is being blown out of proportion. 

There's a familiarity and mutual respect between Gase/Douglas... but that's where it ends. As a HC, you know part of GM's job is making coaching decision. These aren't social justice snowflakes. If I'm Gase, and petition for JD to be the GM, i'm also doing so understanding that he may be forced to act as executioner if I don't do my job.... that's implied. That's what the real world looks like... 

This is Dumb and Dumber, BFFs... (despite how closely the organization resembles such an operation)

Mac should have been fired 3 years ago my dog could have talked the Johnsons into firing him

23 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Which is a different narrative than “GaSe LoSt tHe LoCkEr RoOm”

I don't think Gase has lost the locker room.  But he is an incomplete head coach.  He does some things well but can't do everything a head coach needs to do well.  At least that's the impression I get after 6 games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

Douglas would not have his job if not for Gase.  That alone buys Gase at least another year.

Whether that's accurate or not (sounds like he was going to get a shot at GM job eventually).... doesn't mean JD won't fire Gase if he has to. That's down right juvenile to think otherwise... 

Yes, maybe he gets another year? Maybe not? It's been bad... but this narrative of Gase is untouchable b/c he had a hand in recruiting JD is for the birds. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Whether that's accurate or not (sounds like he was going to get a shot at GM job eventually).... doesn't mean JD won't fire Gase if he has to. That's down right juvenile to think otherwise... 

Yes, maybe he gets another year? Maybe not? It's been bad... but this narrative of Gase is untouchable b/c he had a hand in recruiting JD is for the birds. 

They both should be fired.  Now.