Trade Deadline Thread

AbstraKt

27 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

well atleast our team recognizes we need to trade assets to help us long term.  That makes us not the worst, right?

I'm really trying here.

I hate to burst your bubble, but we have NO IDEA what our team recognizes. Unless you buy into media conjecture, why are you optimistic they'll move anyone?

There are people here on this board who recognize we need to trade assets to help us long term. The Jets haven't done that yet though, have they? I don't think they deserve credit for recognizing anything until I see them do something about it.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but we have NO IDEA what our team recognizes. Unless you buy into media conjecture, why are you optimistic they'll move anyone?

There are people here on this board who recognize we need to trade assets to help us long term. The Jets haven't done that yet though, have they? I don't think they deserve credit for recognizing anything until I see them do something about it.

Yep youre right.

30 minutes of optimism is thrown out the window until proven otherwise haha

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Robby Anderson to the Saints for rookie center Erik McCoy.  

Leo and a #5 to the Chiefs for a #2.

Chris Herndon to the Raiders for a #4.

Like it- but let’s keep Herndon. Yeah - I get it, suspended then jacks himself up taking a piss. Still he has a lot of upside and is worth more to the Jets ( starting next year) than a third day draft pick.

• Upvote 1

Robby Anderson to the Saints for rookie center Erik McCoy.  
Leo and a #5 to the Chiefs for a #2.
Chris Herndon to the Raiders for a #4.

Why trade herndon when he is young and showed promise? Is that not the type of player you want to build on? Before you try to make something up about how he messed up this off-season his suspension was for when he messed up before his rookie season it just carried over to this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Why trade herndon when he is young and showed promise? Is that not the type of player you want to build on? Before you try to make something up about how he messed up this off-season his suspension was for when he messed up before his rookie season it just carried over to this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Herndon has a low cap impact, so if he doesn't pan out holding onto him doesn;t hurt.  Darryl Roberts, Crowder, Bell, Henry Anderson -these guys should have value and need to be traded to clear space.  Could the Chiefs have interest in Bell? 

Between trades, the draft and free agency the OL needs to be overhauled.  (Yes I have an incredible flair for the obvious).  It should look like this.

LT - Andrew Thomas or Austin Jackson (first round 2020 pick)

LG - Alex Lewis

C - Erik McCoy.  I would trade Robby AND Leo for McCoy.

RG - Scherf (free agent)

RT - Mehki Becton or Yasir Durant (second round pick)

CB, OLB, WR will have to be obtained in free agency or mid-round picks.  It won't be a complete team in 2020 but this is needed.

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Between trades, the draft and free agency the OL needs to be overhauled.  (Yes I have an incredible flair for the obvious).  It should look like this.

LG - Alex Lewis

C - Erik McCoy.  I would trade Robby AND Leo for McCoy.

RG - Scherf (free agent)

CB, OLB, WR will have to be obtained in free agency or mid-round picks.  It won't be a complete team in 2020 but this is needed.

Updated due to the Leo trade.  

LG - Alex Lewis

C - Third round pick in 2020.

RG - Scherf (free agent)

• Upvote 1

https://thejetpress.com/2019/10/28/new-york-jets-taking-calls-marcus-maye-ahead-trade-deadline/

New York Jets taking calls on Marcus Maye ahead of trade deadline

The New York Jets have taken some calls on safety Marcus Maye. Here’s what it all means and why he could be traded ahead of the deadline.

The New York Jets are exploring all options ahead of the annual NFL trade deadline. That includes third-year safety, Marcus Maye.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter over the weekend reported that the Jets have taken calls on Maye although the team has insisted he’s not available.

Just a few short years ago, Marcus was taken with the 39th overall pick (second round) in the 2017 NFL Draft.

The talented safety out of Florida has dealt with the injury bug throughout his football career. With the Gators, he missed three games with a broken arm during his senior season. In 2018 he missed 10 games due to a myriad of injuries with the green and white.

Heading into the 2019 campaign there was great concern over some nerve issues in his shoulder that was expected to keep him out even longer, but he battled through it to not only play every game this season but excel.

Marcus has been playing the best football of his professional career and is young (26 years old). After this season he still has one more year left on his rookie contract.

The Jets invested a second-round pick into him initially, so in any hypothetical trade, they’d like at least that back in return. So far the Jets haven’t budged on their stance, but just like most players on the roster, everyone has a price.

With the team in disarray at 1-6 and a new gunslinger in town making the decisions (Joe Douglas) who has almost zero ties to any player on the current roster, no player is off-limits.

One team that may not take ‘no’ for an answer in trade talks is the Dallas Cowboys.

“Owner Jerry Jones echoed vice president Stephen Jones in saying the team is still seeking help at safety and that’s where the team would lean if they pull off another trade ahead of the deadline,” per Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram.

Remember the Cowboys called the Jets about defensive lineman Leonard Williams and were in deep in talks before they pivoted to acquire Michael Bennett from the New England Patriots. Certainly, something to keep an eye out for ahead of the trade deadline.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Remember when so many of us were upset that we took Leo that year instead of Beasley?

At least it would have been an attempt to bring in a pass rusher instead of what we got:  An OK DT who can't rush the passer.

Our entire 2015 draft class is no longer on the roster, so today is not the day to make fun of other teams' draft classes.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

At least it would have been an attempt to bring in a pass rusher instead of what we got:  An OK DT who can't rush the passer.

Our entire 2015 draft class is no longer on the roster, so today is not the day to make fun of other teams' draft classes.  

It was more a comment on how so many other teams have similar problems as the Jets do.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

It was more a comment on how so many other teams have similar problems as the Jets do.

But they don't.  No GM in the league drafted more players that are out of the league than Mike Maccagnan did from 2015-19.  None.  He was quantitatively worse at his job than any other GM in the league, including a few who got fired much sooner than he did.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Remember when so many of us were upset that we took Leo that year instead of Beasley?

Beasley is a one dimensional player who isnt as fast as he used to be, so he isn't even that anymore.  I actually wanted Andrus Peat or Bud Dupree in that draft.  Using hindsight, Trae Waynes or Danny Shelton would have been good value.  Looking back, pretty amazing that 7 of the top ten picks of the 2015 draft are essentially busts.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

Beasley is a one dimensional player who isnt as fast as he used to be, so he isn't even that anymore.  I actually wanted Andrus Peat or Bud Dupree in that draft.  Using hindsight, Trae Waynes or Danny Shelton would have been good value.  Looking back, pretty amazing that 7 of the top ten picks of the 2015 draft are essentially busts.

Drafts are like years for wine, some are definitely better than others. Though, to be honest, there really aren't any bad years for wine.?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1