While your killing the Coach

Jetster

Darnold has no choice but to throw the ball. If he doesn't throw the ball as soon as it hits his fingers he gets sacked and we just keep punting. The only way we even have a fraction of a chance of winning a foot ball game is him throwing the ball before he is sacked. Jamal Adams saved the one win we have with a huge play. The guy is a big time playmaker for us. I am all for holding players accountable but hold the ones who deserves it accountable and the coach right now needs to hold himself accountable instead of throwing players under the bus. When Rex used to lose a game he used to come out and say I sucked and so and so greatly out coached me, the players loved Rex and played hard for him the whole game every game. Gase comes out and says these guys suck and aren't doing what they are supposed to, we get a team that looks like they don't want to play for that butt plug. It is simple to see what the biggest problem is imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Gase sucks

The hobbit sucks

Frank Pollack sucks

The oline really sucks

That's the point. A couple of plays made & your 3-3. Sam hits Robbie vs Bills, or Mosely doesn't get injured. Jamal sacks Minshew or catches that pick, or Special teams recovers 2 gift muffs. 

All of us have admitted to never witnessing this many injuries or an Oline so devoid of talent, but we want our coach to be a miracle worker. 

The Colts bad Olines ruined Andrew Lucks career, they fixed the Oline, which is rated #1 now in the NFL & they are competing for the division with Jacoby Brissett. We have to give Joe Douglas that same chance the Colts GM got when he got all of those 2nd rounders from the Jets & just so happened to have a stud Guard like Nelson fall in their lap. 

Everything we are witnessing is John Idzik & Mike Maccagnons fault. Well the Johnsons 1st for hiring them, but these 2 guys absolutely horrific drafts missing on pretty much everyone has left us with only Sam, Jamal & Herndon the invisible man. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That's the point. A couple of plays made & your 3-3. Sam hits Robbie vs Bills, or Mosely doesn't get injured. Jamal sacks Minshew or catches that pick, or Special teams recovers 2 gift muffs. 

All of us have admitted to never witnessing this many injuries or an Oline so devoid of talent, but we want our coach to be a miracle worker. 

The Colts bad Olines ruined Andrew Lucks career, they fixed the Oline, which is rated #1 now in the NFL & they are competing for the division with Jacoby Brissett. We have to give Joe Douglas that same chance the Colts GM got when he got all of those 2nd rounders from the Jets & just so happened to have a stud Guard like Nelson fall in their lap. 

Everything we are witnessing is John Idzik & Mike Maccagnons fault. Well the Johnsons 1st for hiring them, but these 2 guys absolutely horrific drafts missing on pretty much everyone has left us with only Sam, Jamal & Herndon the invisible man. 

The Colts fixed their oline by drafting oline high in the draft (no matter the position for all the you don’t draft OG/C high you can find them in the later round posters) They took a OG and C in the top of the draft and a OT the latest pick by the Colts on the starting oline was 37. 
After you get the QB, fix and draft oline no matter the position then get passrushers, CBS, WRs etc 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Gase is gone at season’s end. He broke the 2 cardinal sins that he ABSOLUTELY needed to avoid this year.

1. Regressed Sam Darnold. You can see it in the footwork alone. The fundamentals are lacking, he’s playing worse (sans 1 game) than last year when he looked amazing the last month. I suggested they keep Bates as QB coach and everyone thought it was the dumbest idea. Bates as OC = sh*t. Bates as QB Coach = perfected Sam’s 2 biggest weaknesses coming into the league (footwork, and fumbling). Now it’s an issue again.

2. He made the Jets into a front page headline joke. The Johnsons, even if they’re losing need the optics that they aren’t a circus, aren’t a joke. They let Bowles and Mac stay with sh*tty results because at least they weren’t Rex/Idzik joke headliners. At least things seemed calm. No that’s not an acceptable benchmark of success for me, but for J&J it was enough for awhile. They’ve been laughed at since Gase’s weirdo introductory press conference. Now Gase has them getting pummeled by double digits every week. He has his QB so ill-prepared he’s seeing ghosts. It’s not Gase’s fault that audio was released, but it is his fault for how poorly the team and QB have looked. Sam isn’t Sanchez or Geno or Hack or Petty. He’s a true blue chip prospect that’s a victim of the team and coaching. The teams were victims to the aforementioned players.

Barring a miracle turn around, I can guarantee you that Adam Gase is fired on black monday. J&J would have been content with 7-9, with Darnold being heralded as “an elite QB in the making” with the Jets “an offseason away with new GM Joe Douglas from contending.”

But their FQB is regressing, on the verge of ruin and shell shock (once you’re fried you’re done, there’s no coming back ask David Carr), who the league and other teams are laughing at (Ghostbuster theme while playing an INT blooper reel).

We are doormats, punchlines, and worse than where we were, which was already abysmal. Gase is D O N E.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Nick Blitz said:

Im not writing off Sam yet, he fundamentally looks terrible right now but the surrounding talent on offense is so abysmal its hard to judge him too harshly and the fact he's only 22.  For what its worth Sanchez and Geno had waaaay better surrounding talent.

It is so dumb to write off Sam right now

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Darnold has no choice but to throw the ball. If he doesn't throw the ball as soon as it hits his fingers he gets sacked and we just keep punting. The only way we even have a fraction of a chance of winning a foot ball game is him throwing the ball before he is sacked. Jamal Adams saved the one win we have with a huge play. The guy is a big time playmaker for us. I am all for holding players accountable but hold the ones who deserves it accountable and the coach right now needs to hold himself accountable instead of throwing players under the bus. When Rex used to lose a game he used to come out and say I sucked and so and so greatly out coached me, the players loved Rex and played hard for him the whole game every game. Gase comes out and says these guys suck and aren't doing what they are supposed to, we get a team that looks like they don't want to play for that butt plug. It is simple to see what the biggest problem is imo.

you can't hold players that accountable when the talent isn't there to begin with.  it's kind of like yelling at a puppy when he wets the floor.  the puppy just looks back and has no idea why he's being yelled at.  at best the coaches can craft schemes that take advantage of whatever capabilities the players do have.  if they still fail then it's on the players and they should be launched.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How many times are YOU going to flip flop on your assessment of SD? This is now your 3rd different opinion of him  (at least), where you vacillate.

How about being smart and allowing time dictate the true ability? You will appear so much less wishy-0washy.

Hes been awful.  Thats not debateable.  This is a jets message board.  So im going to discuss how awful he has been.

And if he tears up the fins next week(which i have a bunch of money on and ill be at the game) ill be here to discuss his improved play.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes been awful.  Thats not debateable.  This is a jets message board.  So im going to discuss how awful he has been.

And if he tears up the fins next week(which i have a bunch of money on and ill be at the game) ill be here to discuss his improved play.

I think Sam bounces back and we win on Sunday

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have continually made pronouncements (as if they are long range projections) in regard to his play.

And, they have vacillated greatly.

• Upvote 2

you can't hold players that accountable when the talent isn't there to begin with.  it's kind of like yelling at a puppy when he wets the floor.  the puppy just looks back and has no idea why he's being yelled at.  at best the coaches can craft schemes that take advantage of whatever capabilities the players do have.  if they still fail then it's on the players and they should be launched.
Sam showed at the end of last year that he has the tools to be a good player Jamal Adams has shown it since starting. The gase needs to put the team in position to win instead of trying to get the players to carry him. It works great when Peyton Manning is your qb and you have a decent offensive line and team around him but not so much when your offensive line is rubbish and you have giant glaring holes in your defense.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Darnold: * throws ridiculously foolish INT *

Gase: "You know what to do"

Really? Take things out of context much? How do you know what Gase meant by that & how Sam took understood it? 

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. 

It's laughable that you guys don't think coaches talk to their QBs about NOT MAKING BAD PLAYS IN THE RED ZONE, TAKING CARE OF THE BALL, OR THROWING IT AWAY WHEN THERES NOTHING THERE. 

I get that Sams 22 & has not played many games but, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, has many meanings when these guys have been together since camp opened. The dissection of everything said in the NFL is hilarious! I've seen BB micced up where the only thing he said was DO YOUR JOB! Same f*cking thing, except one statement is coming from a guy that's coached in the same place for 20 years, the other statement is coming from a guy with a 22 year old QB, one of the worst Olines in our history, no go to WR, the best TE in the AFC East out for 6 games now, a defense that has given up opening drives for TDs after diferring, zero pass rush, and literally no CBs.

You can tell bad players what they need to do, that doesn't mean they can execute. This team has very little talent at really important positions. 

1 hour ago, Nick Blitz said:

Im not writing off Sam yet, he fundamentally looks terrible right now but the surrounding talent on offense is so abysmal its hard to judge him too harshly and the fact he's only 22.  For what its worth Sanchez and Geno had waaaay better surrounding talent.

Geno and Mark were passing the ball to Clyde Gates and Greg Salas...  they had the worst assortment of weapons in league history.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Really? Take things out of context much? How do you know what Gase meant by that & how Sam took understood it? 

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. 

It's laughable that you guys don't think coaches talk to their QBs about NOT MAKING BAD PLAYS IN THE RED ZONE, TAKING CARE OF THE BALL, OR THROWING IT AWAY WHEN THERES NOTHING THERE. 

I get that Sams 22 & has not played many games but, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, has many meanings when these guys have been together since camp opened. The dissection of everything said in the NFL is hilarious! I've seen BB micced up where the only thing he said was DO YOUR JOB! Same f*cking thing, except one statement is coming from a guy that's coached in the same place for 20 years, the other statement is coming from a guy with a 22 year old QB, one of the worst Olines in our history, no go to WR, the best TE in the AFC East out for 6 games now, a defense that has given up opening drives for TDs after diferring, zero pass rush, and literally no CBs.

You can tell bad players what they need to do, that doesn't mean they can execute. This team has very little talent at really important positions. 

Sometimes you have to let ballers ball.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Gase is gone at season’s end. He broke the 2 cardinal sins that he ABSOLUTELY needed to avoid this year.

1. Regressed Sam Darnold. You can see it in the footwork alone. The fundamentals are lacking, he’s playing worse (sans 1 game) than last year when he looked amazing the last month. I suggested they keep Bates as QB coach and everyone thought it was the dumbest idea. Bates as OC = sh*t. Bates as QB Coach = perfected Sam’s 2 biggest weaknesses coming into the league (footwork, and fumbling). Now it’s an issue again.

2. He made the Jets into a front page headline joke. The Johnsons, even if they’re losing need the optics that they aren’t a circus, aren’t a joke. They let Bowles and Mac stay with sh*tty results because at least they weren’t Rex/Idzik joke headliners. At least things seemed calm. No that’s not an acceptable benchmark of success for me, but for J&J it was enough for awhile. They’ve been laughed at since Gase’s weirdo introductory press conference. Now Gase has them getting pummeled by double digits every week. He has his QB so ill-prepared he’s seeing ghosts. It’s not Gase’s fault that audio was released, but it is his fault for how poorly the team and QB have looked. Sam isn’t Sanchez or Geno or Hack or Petty. He’s a true blue chip prospect that’s a victim of the team and coaching. The teams were victims to the aforementioned players.

Barring a miracle turn around, I can guarantee you that Adam Gase is fired on black monday. J&J would have been content with 7-9, with Darnold being heralded as “an elite QB in the making” with the Jets “an offseason away with new GM Joe Douglas from contending.”

But their FQB is regressing, on the verge of ruin and shell shock (once you’re fried you’re done, there’s no coming back ask David Carr), who the league and other teams are laughing at (Ghostbuster theme while playing an INT blooper reel).

We are doormats, punchlines, and worse than where we were, which was already abysmal. Gase is D O N E.

#1 is what will determine his fate. Nothing else matters. As for pt#2, Woody and Chris are media whores. They have that , and only that, in common with George Steinbrenner....any publicity, any time we are on the back pages, is good.