While your killing the Coach

Jetster

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sometimes you have to let ballers ball.

Well, sorry our 22 year old QB isn’t a finished product yet. He’s letting him learn by giving his leash some slack, he’ll rein him back in.

Sanchez had a top 3 Oline & when given slack threw 5 picks. 

Way too much scrutiny under these horrific circumstances but this is the 24/7 news streaming NFL the owners love. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well, sorry our 22 year old QB isn’t a finished product yet. He’s letting him learn by giving his leash some slack, he’ll rein him back in.

Sanchez had a top 3 Oline & when given slack threw 5 picks. 

Way too much scrutiny under these horrific circumstances but this is the 24/7 news streaming NFL the owners love. 

At the same time people say that “Gase doesn’t let Sam roll out or freelance enough.” It’s almost like people don’t know what they’re watching but are making opinions anyway.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, section314 said:

#1 is what will determine his fate. Nothing else matters. As for pt#2, Woody and Chris are media whores. They have that , and only that, in common with George Steinbrenner....any publicity, any time we are on the back pages, is good.

Trust me. They do not want back pages where they are clueless clowns. They do not want people laughing at their FQB when they wanted to rub it in the NYG’s face after they passed on him.

#1 is definitely enough reason. #2 they will probably enjoy firing him asap.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I think Sam bounces back and we win on Sunday

LMAO

Really going out on a limb here aren't you? You think he can play well against Miami huh?

Everyone and their brother should play well against the Dolphins. If he doesn't look good against them it's time to pack up the tents. In fact Darnold will be playing the dregs of the NFL the next 5 weeks or so. Miami 2x then Danny Dimes and Haskins. The Raiders are not good either, are they? It's time to go 5-0.

Remember all the guys saying Allen sucks and he's only beating bad teams this year? Well he beat them, now Sam has to also. The same rule should apply to both of them. Sam gets as much credit as Allen did, right?

How Jetsy would it be to have the GM (Macc) work with the owner to hire the new coach (Gates), who then flips on that GM, has him fired to bring in his guy (JoeD), to then see that GM get the new coach fired?  Now I understands why George R.R. Martin is such a big fan.  Just like Game of Thrones...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Could get so ugly that the Johnsons eventually threaten JD's job if he doesn't sh*t can Gase. In other words, we may be stuck with Gase another year or 2 until ownership puts pressure on JD. JD isn't firing his friend after 1 year.

C;mon...you know the Jets aren't that normal. Gase doesn't report to JD. He can't fire him. The Johnsons are the only ones who can fire Gase.

3 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Gase is a terrible coach who has most of the players on the team completely hating him already. He's a nightmare and if you look at the numbers through 8 games, Kotite was better. This may be more of a problem then we can imagine because Gase basically hired his boss in JD. Could get so ugly that the Johnsons eventually threaten JD's job if he doesn't sh*t can Gase. In other words, we may be stuck with Gase another year or 2 until ownership puts pressure on JD. JD isn't firing his friend after 1 year.

JD can't fire Gase because Gase doesn't report to him but both JD and Gase report to the owners.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Gase is a terrible coach who has most of the players on the team completely hating him already. He's a nightmare and if you look at the numbers through 8 games, Kotite was better. This may be more of a problem then we can imagine because Gase basically hired his boss in JD. Could get so ugly that the Johnsons eventually threaten JD's job if he doesn't sh*t can Gase. In other words, we may be stuck with Gase another year or 2 until ownership puts pressure on JD. JD isn't firing his friend after 1 year.

Reactionary much?

You have locker room passes?  Inside info?

What coach do you believe would have  a substancially better record than Gase with this roster of 'misfits'?

Gase may have 'hired' JD per se, but neither had any significant input to our present roster.

Gase may indeed suck here, but the jury is still out on that IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

Im not writing off Sam yet, he fundamentally looks terrible right now but the surrounding talent on offense is so abysmal its hard to judge him too harshly and the fact he's only 22.  For what its worth Sanchez and Geno had waaaay better surrounding talent.

Sanchez Yes, Geno had a better OL, but he also was throwing to Jeff Cumberland, Clyde Gates, Jeremy Kerley, and David Nelson.

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Only a jets fan, in a season of 15 losses in which 7 were by 14+ points would say at least we were competitive.

Were you old enough to observe the Kotite years?  His record in TWO seasons was 4-28.

We are halfway there my friend. The Jets are 2-15 in their last 17. 

Geno and Mark were passing the ball to Clyde Gates and Greg Salas...  they had the worst assortment of weapons in league history.

Braylon Edwards AND Santonio Holmes AND Percy Harvin all say hello to you Mr Memory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

There are a lot of parallels between Gase and Kotite

Kotite is now considered a joke but 25 years ago he had a winning record and made the playoffs with the Eagles

Regardless of the record, Gase and Kotite are nothing alike. Kotite literally spent more time playing golf than coaching during training camp. Gase may not be competent, but it’s not for a lack of effort.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes been awful.  Thats not debateable.  This is a jets message board.  So im going to discuss how awful he has been.

And if he tears up the fins next week(which i have a bunch of money on and ill be at the game) ill be here to discuss his improved play.

meds would help.

3 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Only a jets fan, in a season of 15 losses in which 7 were by 14+ points would say at least we were competitive.

Were you old enough to observe the Kotite years?  His record in TWO seasons was 4-28.

I’m 51 before you start, and have followed this train wreck since 1982.

If you care to look, the Jets lost 6 of those games by 5 points or less, that’s pretty competitive. The current season isn’t so close. My point is still valid, the 1-15 Kotite team, was more competitive than the current sh*t show.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m 51 before you start, and have followed this train wreck since 1982.
If you care to look, the Jets lost 6 of those games by 5 points or less, that’s pretty competitive. The current season isn’t so close. My point is still valid, the 1-15 Kotite team, was more competitive than the current sh*t show.
Also 51 ... That team was WAY more competitive

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Icer said:

The roster sucks, but Gase isn't doing much to inspire confidence that even with the right players it would work

Listening to him for five minutes on “the Adam Gase show” makes me want to explode my eardrums. I cannot imagine how players can pay him any mind and have not already tuned him out 

• Upvote 2

On 10/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, section314 said:

As for pt#2, Woody and Chris are media whores. They have that , and only that, in common with George Steinbrenner....any publicity, any time we are on the back pages, is good.

FYI All, the Buttfumble button is on the far right...

I never understood all the crap the Johnsons get here. Were they steeped in football tradition like the Rooney’s or Mara’s before they bought the team? No. Did they at least play the game in HS or College? Doubtful (very). Were they businessmen(woman) who saw an opportunity to purchase an elite, gated endeavor and make a sh*t-ton of money in doing so? Yes

Granted they make money win or lose, but I don’t think for a minute they don’t want a trophy of their own sitting in the lobby. It seems they tried everything under the sun to get a winner. Using all internal resources, getting with previous management (Parcells), to using supposedly ‘experienced” football minds, to Payton Manning, to hiring, more or less, an employment agency, for God’s sakes. They’ve tried experienced successful coaches, up and coming hot-take coaches, and even tried neophyte coaches, to no sustainable success. They have hired and fired who knows how many coaches and assistant coaches, and who knows how many are still on the payroll. But they are still trying, and trying, and trying.

What more can we ask?

I don’t believe for a minute Woody or Chris tell the management to “go get Revis” or the like. I’m sure they weigh the options and generally defer to the “football” people in the room. But he might have been in the bathroom during the Quinnen pick...

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, section314 said:

As for pt#2, Woody and Chris are media whores. They have that , and only that, in common with George Steinbrenner....any publicity, any time we are on the back pages, is good.

Ah, the dreaded double-post...

Edited by Irktusk1957
Double post

5 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

FYI All, the Buttfumble button is on the far right...

I never understood all the crap the Johnsons get here. Were they steeped in football tradition like the Rooney’s or Mara’s before they bought the team? No. Did they at least play the game in HS or College? Doubtful (very). Were they businessmen(woman) who saw an opportunity to purchase an elite, gated endeavor and make a sh*t-ton of money in doing so? Yes

Granted they make money win or lose, but I don’t think for a minute they don’t want a trophy of their own sitting in the lobby. It seems they tried everything under the sun to get a winner. Using all internal resources, getting with previous management (Parcells), to using supposedly ‘experienced” football minds, to Payton Manning, to hiring, more or less, an employment agency, for God’s sakes. They’ve tried experienced successful coaches, up and coming hot-take coaches, and even tried neophyte coaches, to no sustainable success. They have hired and fired who knows how many coaches and assistant coaches, and who knows how many are still on the payroll. But they are still trying, and trying, and trying.

What more can we ask?

I don’t believe for a minute Woody or Chris tell the management to “go get Revis” or the like. I’m sure they weigh the options and generally defer to the “football” people in the room. But he might have been in the bathroom during the Quinnen pick...

Simple question, and it only requires a one word answer. Do you have faith that the Jets will ever win anything as long as the Johnson's own the team?

On 10/30/2019 at 7:23 AM, Jetster said:

How about we hold the players responsible for their play on the field? 

Sam Darnold- I'm positive Gase hasn't told, Sam, if your in trouble just throw it up for grabs. Sams pressing, coming off Mono, had the dirtiest uniform in the stadium last Sunday, is banged up, and his Oline is a sieve. But, I'm sure Adam Gase has reminded him to throw the ball away to live for another play. 

Jamal Adams- This guy was involved in 3 series where he could have changed the direction of momentum. 1st, he blitzed & missed Minshew who not only eluded the sack, but threw a TD. 2nd, he had a chance at an interception that literally landed on both palms of his hands. 3rd, he had 2 personal fouls that pretty much closed out the game (I didn't agree with them, but they were called).

Special Teams- How many times do you see the receiving team regain possession of a muffed punt? Jets had a chance at 2 muffed punts & missed on both. 

Trumaine Johnson- The only reason this guy was on the field is we have no healthy CBs or anyone to take his place. GW has benched him, but Hairston got nicked up. He took himself out Sunday with an ankle injury. This guy has to be the 2nd worse 17 million dollar CB in NFL history after Revis last year here. Only the Jets can make the same mistake twice. 

When you play with the injuries the Jets have suffered, along with a horrific Oline, chances are the games are going to be pretty sloppy, there were many instances in this game where the PLAYERS were in position to make a play & didnt. We're not very good, and obviously a lot worse with the multitude of injuries we've suffered, but vs the Bills & Jags, the plays were there to be made, there are many ugly wins in the NFL every week. You make them, your 3-3. It's a game of inches. 

Trumaine has been a train wreck.  A long list of empirical evidence proving you build through the draft and fill in small pieces with FA, not buy your way through FA by paying "A" list sticker prices for "C" level talent. 

Darnold: Yeah, he's pressing, but this is how good young QB's become mediocre talent.  When you get a Ferrari, but you continue to fill it with cheap gas and drive it on gravel roads....He has a terrible line that cannot protect him or open up holes for the RB.  He has nobody to throw the ball to.  Of course he is going to press things to try and win.  He probably feels like he has to do it all on his own.  If they don't get him some help, you might has well trade him because he will be ruined. 

JD better be drafting offense for the next little while. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes been awful.  Thats not debateable.  This is a jets message board.  So im going to discuss how awful he has been.

And if he tears up the fins next week(which i have a bunch of money on and ill be at the game) ill be here to discuss his improved play.

You've been one of the few not looking for the first opportunity to damage control. He's been awful, but he's still our guy. It's quite clear for everyone that what we've seen from Sam in 17 games isnt some indictment on a career he's yet to have, yet it's like you cant mention what has happened during these 17 games without folks wanting you to wait a decade to make a comment. 

It's just emotion. Sam played back to back bad games, but if he ends up being player of he week again vs the Dolphins, then the same folks who said not to discuss things now will be discussing how he'll be future MVP of the league. 

You basically cant say anything about Sam until Sam plays well, then it's cool to talk about Sam. 

• Upvote 1