Give me your most controversial food opinion

18 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Pizza is meh. The best pizza in the world is still just pizza. 

There's a place for most everything. Late night after imbibing there's nothing like a hot regular slice of pizza.

Additionally, there's a lot of creative takes on traditional pizza that makes a quality meal in and of itself. Talulahs in Asbury is a good spot in NJ, it's inspired by places like Roberta's in Bushwick (also very good) . Last time I was there one of the pies we got was ricotta, mascarpone, honey and Myers lemon on home made sourdough. It was fantastic!

When I travel to go to the Jets games, I take great comfort to know I can find a BWW o other chain restaurant to eat in after a long day of site seeing or watching this god forsaken team. I always go to a well reviewed local restaurant, but after a game or a long day, it's nice to fall back on a restaurant where I know exactly what I can get and that I'll like it. 

On 11/24/2019 at 1:49 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I hate the word foodie. Hate it with all my soul. It's a made-up word for people who don't have any real hobbies and want to act like they do something with their spare time that actually requires education when it requires none. It's an act. Odds are you are not a sommelier nor some food critic with a rare palette, you're just some yokel that enjoys going out to dinner and talking about the food. And that's fine, but don't act like you're a member of some community that seems to think the actions within said community take any skill whatsoever. Paying for a dinner is not a skill of any measure. Go out to dinner, enjoy your time with family and friends, but after that shut the **** up. Nobody cares about your blog review Susan. Get a real hobby.

And if you claim to actually be a foodie but can't cook anything besides an omelette, stop talking.

Until I read this I knew it annoyed me when people say that but couldn't really identify with why. Thank you. 

• Upvote 3

Ok i guess ill give my opinion:

1. octopus and squid are the best thing the sea offers, but if you fry either youre a moron

2. Veal and even pork is better than steak and chicken breast.

3. Rabbit is by far the best meat on the planet

4. I agree. Over analyzing your wine makes u a douche. Just drink it and stfu

5. Good pizza is godly

6. People who put down places like carabaras and olive garden by saying its not “real” italian just repeat what they hear and have no clue. Ive been to lots of Italian restaurants that sucked far more. And before the wops get all riled up here.... yes, 1st generation American. Both parents off the boat kitchen masters. Ive crapped better meals than most americans have ever eaten so save it

7 chips are gross. All kinds except maybe not cheese doodles

8. If you dont like indian food, or if its just “too much” for you, please dont comment on food ever 

9. Craft beer is a wonderful thing. A step in the right direction in human evolution. You dont agree? Then you must like heineken. Gross

10. Finally.... chocolate mousse is the greatest treat ever. Bit not any old chocolate mousse.... it has to be made by Atillio himself at Atillios restaurant on lityle neck parkway. Sadly, the guy died in like 89, so the world will never experience this treasure

On 11/25/2019 at 2:23 PM, The Crusher said:

Until I read this I knew it annoyed me when people say that but couldn't really identify with why. Thank you. 

My wife and I are huge foodies.  We actually have a foodies club we started a few years ago.  I'm actually the active President right now.  We call it Jax Foodie Club.  It was exciting for us since we're such big foodies.  We all get together at some great place for some food and talk about our foodies experiences.  We've learned a ton about the culinary world from each of the other foodies that come to the meetings.  She started a blog a few years ago to share some of our finest dining experiences, it's called, The Traveling Foodies.  We're such big foodies we love finding great places to dine when we travel.  We've been to over 20 Michelin star restaurants covering 7 countries.  It's kind of like our thing and it's really fun when you meet other foodies.  

We just did SingleThread in Healdsburg, probably the finest dining experience of the year for this foodie.  My wife has a great post on her foodie site about it but you'd have to be a part of our foodie community to read it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

My wife and I are huge foodies.  We actually have a foodies club we started a few years ago.  I'm actually the active President right now.  We call it Jax Foodie Club.  It was exciting for us since we're such big foodies.  We all get together at some great place for some food and talk about our foodies experiences.  We've learned a ton about the culinary world from each of the other foodies that come to the meetings.  She started a blog a few years ago to share some of our finest dining experiences, it's called, The Traveling Foodies.  We're such big foodies we love finding great places to dine when we travel.  We've been to over 30 Michelin started restaurants covering 7 countries.  It's kind of like our thing and it's really fun when you meet other foodies.  

We just did SingleThread in Healdsburg, probably the finest dining experience of the year for this foodie.  My wife has a great post on her foodie site about it but you'd have to be a part of our foodie community to read it.

I had rabbit on the amalfi coast in a michelin rated place it was good

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I had rabbit on the amalfi coast in a michelin rated place it was good

Ironically, the evening before Single Thread on one of our foodie trips, we ate at Farmhouse Inn...another michelin spot we checked out in Cali (the other was Quince in San Fran).  We did a pairing and the main savory dish was rabbit and it was insane.  I couldnt decide which was better, that or their Octopus. 

On 11/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, joewilly12 said:

Tacos I hate tacos any kind any place they are not a meal and the shells smell like body odor. 

Shells? There’s your  problem. Where do you get hard tacos other than Taco Bell or grocery store? I’ve literally never eaten a hard shell taco at a legit Mexican joint. I doubt they even have them. Unless it’s a tostada which is different than a hard shell taco that you find at Taco Bell/grocery store. 

I think I solved the issue. 

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

My wife and I are huge foodies.  We actually have a foodies club we started a few years ago.  I'm actually the active President right now.  We call it Jax Foodie Club.  It was exciting for us since we're such big foodies.  We all get together at some great place for some food and talk about our foodies experiences.  We've learned a ton about the culinary world from each of the other foodies that come to the meetings.  She started a blog a few years ago to share some of our finest dining experiences, it's called, The Traveling Foodies.  We're such big foodies we love finding great places to dine when we travel.  We've been to over 20 Michelin star restaurants covering 7 countries.  It's kind of like our thing and it's really fun when you meet other foodies.  

I destroy food Pal not worship it. 

41 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Shells? There’s your  problem. Where do you get hard tacos other than Taco Bell or grocery store? I’ve literally never eaten a hard shell taco at a legit Mexican joint. I doubt they even have them. Unless it’s a tostada which is different than a hard shell taco that you find at Taco Bell/grocery store. 

I think I solved the issue. 

Nope the tortilla soft shells are like eating tissue paper or thin cardboard. Taco fillings aren't a meal unless you eat like 5 of them. 

Dr says eat whole wheat bread ok pal will do I enjoy a nice roast beef sandwich with swiss and A-1 sauce on cardboard. NOT 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Wanting Sam Darnold in your mouth doesn't make him food.

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ok i guess ill give my opinion:

1. octopus and squid are the best thing the sea offers, but if you fry either youre a moron

2. Veal and even pork is better than steak and chicken breast.

3. Rabbit is by far the best meat on the planet

4. I agree. Over analyzing your wine makes u a douche. Just drink it and stfu

5. Good pizza is godly

6. People who put down places like carabaras and olive garden by saying its not “real” italian just repeat what they hear and have no clue. Ive been to lots of Italian restaurants that sucked far more. And before the wops get all riled up here.... yes, 1st generation American. Both parents off the boat kitchen masters. Ive crapped better meals than most americans have ever eaten so save it

7 chips are gross. All kinds except maybe not cheese doodles

8. If you dont like indian food, or if its just “too much” for you, please dont comment on food ever 

10. Finally.... chocolate mousse is the greatest treat ever. Bit not any old chocolate mousse.... it has to be made by Atillio himself at Atillios restaurant on lityle neck parkway. Sadly, the guy died in like 89, so the world will never experience this treasure

9. Craft beer is a wonderful thing. A step in the right direction in human evolution. You dont agree? Then you must like heineken. Gross

Oh god, they should call it crap beer.  When I turned 21, Heineken was the first beer I bought.  Not had another one of them in 27 years, yuck.  Miller Lite can't be beat.  

Also, I like the pizzas now with the Cauliflower crust: keto friendly.