Give me your most controversial food opinion

On 12/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, HessStation said:

And as someone who grew up on TV dinners w a single dad I LOVE going out to eat w Foodies and letting them pick my food. 

We'd have such a great Foodie time together.  Foodies really are the best people in this world. 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

asparagus and brussels sprouts are vile weeds and should be avoided at all costs.

I used to hate brussells sprouts, but I've recently started cutting them in half and sauteing them with garlic and black pepper till they start to turn brown on both sides. and then spinning them in a bowl (the way you'd spin wings) with 1 part sriracha, 1 part buffalo wing sauce and 1 part honey.  It's become a huge hit in my house. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I used to hate brussells sprouts, but I've recently started cutting them in half and sauteing them with garlic and black pepper till they start to turn brown on both sides. and then spinning them in a bowl (the way you'd spin wings) with 1 part sriracha, 1 part buffalo wing sauce and 1 part honey.  It's become a huge hit in my house. 

The smell of roasting brussels sprouts make me nauseous and the wife had me taste supposed "best tasting B.Sprouts she ever had" and I still can't stand them.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Sounds great, Ive had similiar but with ham added 

• Upvote 1

For the record Lil Bit is my new favorite person here. 

Bacon, Egg and Cheese on anything is a real tough one to beat. My preference would be on an everything bagel. 

When did it become common fair to put the BEC on bagels? I can’t even find a decent place for a good BEC on a Kaiser roll anymore because of all the bagel shops.

My controversial food opinion? Bagels are so friggin overrated. Chewy bread that needs pounds of seasoning glued to it to taste any good at all.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

When did it become common fair to put the BEC on bagels? I can’t even find a decent place for a good BEC on a Kaiser roll anymore because of all the bagel shops.

My controversial food opinion? Bagels are so friggin overrated. Chewy bread that needs pounds of seasoning glued to it to taste any good at all.

You probably live in NY/NJ. I live in Northern Virginia. When my Wife visits her father In Linf Island she brings home a couple dozen with the fresh cream cheese and it’s a real treat. The bagels you get here? Twice as worse as the ones you describe. Haha

You probably live in NY/NJ. I live in Northern Virginia. When my Wife visits her father In Linf Island she brings home a couple dozen with the fresh cream cheese and it’s a real treat. The bagels you get here? Twice as worse as the ones you describe. Haha

Without a doubt as bagels go they’re definitely best in NY/NJ. I used to go to one in Elizabeth at like 3-4am after a night out, the owner was making them for the next morning crowd and would leave kid front door open for those that knew. We’d get the freshest BEC on a bagel that you could ever imagine. Now those were good bagels.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I have family all over the place, and one thing is for damn sure: great bagels with fresh cream cheese are significantly harder to find than great pizza outside of the NYC-metro area.

And Montreal bagels? Please. They’re supposedly the “NYC bagels of Canada”, so wifey and I decided to try the top 3 can’t miss montreal bagel spots when we went to holiday....and not a single one of them was better than the worst frozen brand you can think of. Hint: they put sugar in their dough. Enough to ruin it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I have family all over the place, and one thing is for damn sure: great bagels with fresh cream cheese are significantly harder to find than great pizza outside of the NYC-metro area.

And Montreal bagels? Please. They’re supposedly the “NYC bagels of Canada”, so wifey and I decided to try the top 3 can’t miss montreal bagel spots when we went to holiday....and not a single one of them was better than the worst frozen brand you can think of. Hint: they put sugar in their dough. Enough to ruin it.

Sadly, here Wegmans bagels probably as good as any you can find in a shop. The big chains like Einstein’s and Chesapeake here make there money guessing correctly that most people here do t know what a good bagel taste like. 

Couple slightly marginal pizza places here. Nothing great or worth driving to. I’ve been making my own pizza at home for  Two decafes. My Dad bought me one of those pizza stones from the Pamper shelf and I can make a pretty flawless  thin  crust with it. I worked in a pizza parlor back in the day so I learned how to slap dough. Honestly, I look like I should make pizza fir a living. 

Edited by The Crusher

13 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Without a doubt as bagels go they’re definitely best in NY/NJ. I used to go to one in Elizabeth at like 3-4am after a night out, the owner was making them for the next morning crowd and would leave kid front door open for those that knew. We’d get the freshest BEC on a bagel that you could ever imagine. Now those were good bagels.

Damn, now that’s an after party this Crushlove could get into. 

Good bagels get a bath in  hot boiling kettle before going into the oven. Also really good bagels get 18-24 hours to rest and rise before cooking them. Gives it the crust and chewiness, but those steps take time and space and are a pain in the ass.  But if you don't do that, it's a roll shaped like a donut. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Don’t say that on a site for a NEW YORK team. Highly offensive to us lol. 

I work in the city and live literally across the street from the state of New York. My pro sports teams are all NY. I grew up on NYC pizza. It’s a different experience from the rest. Still, of the 5 best pizzas I’ve ever outside of Italy, 3 belong to New Haven, the fourth belongs to Stamford, and the fifth is in Burlington, MA.