Serious Question: Is Quinnen ON The Field?

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Maybe I'm missing where everyone is complaining after this win. There are so many threads on here that it's impossible to keep up with but the only one I see questioning a player is this one and QW and it is deserved. 

Don't you think Williams is going too lay into him tomorrow after film session? 

Here’s where I am with Quinnen.

He was the third overall player taken in the draft in ‘19. Darnold was the third overall in ‘18.

They were both 20 when they were drafted. When Sam struggled at this point last year, all we heard was he’s a baby, he’s going to get better and better as he plays. He’ll take a big jump his second year...

Yet with Williams, guys were proclaiming him a bust two games into the season. Why? Is it the position he plays? I get that everyone here was upset we took a DL, but is he really performing that much worse then the other DL taken after him?

You know a lot more about line play then I do, in fact you’re the guy I ask questions to about OL and DL players. I just think you’re being too quick to judge the kid. If Greg Williams wants to ream into him tomorrow, that’s fine. Coach him up. But GW keeps putting him out there, so he has to be seeing something in the kid, no?

It’s funny, I didn’t even want QW, I wanted Josh Allen, but why can’t we give the kid half the rope we gave Sam last year?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

More from JN's Finest:

Macc passed on TJ Hackeysack and Jonah Hill for Quennin Williams...  He really was the WORST EVER!! WTF!!

image.png.dc3e470bc2698985e2bcc221a1ae37a8.png

image.png.59945e68605c9a8a2c561eaf67126684.png

image.png.247eb5335b028c77aa647ce706ac63ce.png

Who said we should have drafted Hockenson?

Not sure what point you're trying to make bringing up and injured guy who may have got through a different camp just fine. Bizarre.

It was a stupid pick, whatever spin you put on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Here’s where I am with Quinnen.

He was the third overall player taken in the draft in ‘19. Darnold was the third overall in ‘18.

They were both 20 when they were drafted. When Sam struggled at this point last year, all we heard was he’s a baby, he’s going to get better and better as he plays. He’ll take a big jump his second year...

Yet with Williams, guys were proclaiming him a bust two games into the season. Why? Is it the position he plays? I get that everyone here was upset we took a DL, but is he really performing that much worse then the other DL taken after him?

You know a lot more about line play then I do, in fact you’re the guy I ask questions to about OL and DL players. I just think you’re being too quick to judge the kid. If Greg Williams wants to ream into him tomorrow, that’s fine. Coach him up. But GW keeps putting him out there, so he has to be seeing something in the kid, no?

It’s funny, I didn’t even want QW, I wanted Josh Allen, but why can’t we give the kid half the rope we gave Sam last year?

You're completely missing my point. All I said is that it should be fair to criticize his play after we had a great win today. And it was a great win.

When it comes to his draft status I've already covered that and while I didn't want to draft him, I thought he was a good prospect. He may very well turn it around but he's a legitimate concern for busting because he shows nothing. Only reason he's playing is because of his draft status right now. 

47 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He had 1 tackle today. Brings his total to what 11 on the season? Congrats we have the #1 rush defense. Certainly Not because of him. 

Run defense on the D-line is about stopping creases from forming it’s the linebackers job to make the tackles especially in a 3-4

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

JN Intelligentsia: 

Allen is the one that got away!  Macc is the worst ever!!

image.png.9d1e2466c1ec97417641b2ff2c1e04fa.png

Adams is overrated..  a 6th round safety can do what he does.  TRADE HIM HE SUCKS!!

image.png.3d96f180e2b03d1a9bcf4e0fd77b5299.png

You're not helping your cause by posting Josh Allens numbers. He has almost as many sacks as QW does solo tackles.

• Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It’s really ridiculous here tonight. Every thread is someone complaining about something.

The team won it’s third in a row, crushing the Raiders. Darnold is playing great. Gase is game planning the sh*t out of the offense, and the defense gave up 3 points. But hey, let’s start another Quinnen is a bust thread. Next will be the one about Jamal not being an impact player, then the Fire Gase one will follow...

I’m starting to think the only reason a lot of people come here to post is just to complain. They’re never going to be happy.

You summed it up perfectly.  
Jamal has an unbelievable game and the haters chalk it up to the DC blitzing him.  All you have to is call for a blitz and the player will get sacks.  Then they don’t mean much because those should be the DEs sacks. OK 

It’s always something to complain about, even after a totally dominant win over what everyone here thought was a really good, well coached team.  

You’re right some just come to complain.  There are some who never post a positive Post.  Like to be miserable

A couple of weeks ago Sam was a bust.  One QB expert claimed his arm was too weak to play QB.  Sam, who effortlessly can make any pass.  4 sideline TDS a week ago and so many other sideline throws.  Amazing how stupid we can get.  

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make bringing up and injured guy who may have got through a different camp just fine. Bizarre.

Apparently you weren't paying attention last Feb-April when the draft talk was going on.  Jonah and TJ were talked about ad nauseam. 

He's a refresher after week 1:

As far as the Q, 99% of the pundits loved the pick at 3 and I suspect you will too around this time next year. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Quietly productive? He has done nothing all year. He is completely invisible. He averages 1 tackle a game. That's productive to you? For the 3rd pick in the draft?

All of you thought he was Aaron Donald part 2 and the Best player in the draft. LMAO 

the DL rotation is No. 1 rush defense in the league. that's "nothing"?!

He isn't getting manhandled. The Oakland OL is huge and they got nothing all day. And he was out there. 3-4 DL don't routinely make a ton of numbers. He's not a pass rusher yet. But he's held up great in the rush defense.

Please quit harping on "3rd pick in the draft..." we get it. But if that's it...who cares in the rookie deal. It's peanuts.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

More from JN's Finest:

Macc passed on TJ Hackeysack and Jonah Hill for Quennin Williams...  He really was the WORST EVER!! WTF!!

“Here here”...credit where due at this point.  And I’m no Maccagnan fan.

I also recently read an article where all the D coaches are supposedly “very happy” with Q Williams play based on what they have tasked him to do.  Anyway, the handful of big plays I’ve seen Q make this year (many will say “not enough”) actually stand out to me more than anything Leonard Williams did for his entire career.

Chris Herndon comes back next year, teamed with Griffin, nice duo there.

As far as the Lions go I don’t think Hockenson is happy to be there.  They just lost to Wash today. Great job by that sack of sh*t coach who fell off the Belichick tree.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This is a Jets board, and we are discussing Jets players. If you don't like it, don't click on it. 

Jet fans give a crap. we drafted this kid very high and he has been completely invisible. We aren't in a position to be throwing away draft picks.

Fair point. But neither of those guys were the 3rd overall pick in the draft. There's certain expectations when you are drafted that high, and he is certainly not living up to the hype.

So where did you read that 3rd overall picks have to reach whatever levels you’ve decided he needs to reach? 

The point where impatient fans need to calm down is well taken and the examples of players need time, some more is also well taken

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I also recently read an article where all the D coaches are supposedly “very happy” with Q Williams play based on what they have tasked him to do

and no one has heard him say 1 negative thing about his role..  in fact it's the opposite.  he's said that he's happy to do whatever they ask of him and doesn't care about getting the stats.  Can't forget that he also came back from a high ankle sprain after 2 weeks.  The same injury that keeps most guys out over a month.

He's going to be a beast next year and the people complaining about him now will act surprised that he's somehow playing better.

23 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

More people wanted the TE than wanted Watson at QB

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So where did you read that 3rd overall picks have to reach whatever levels you’ve decided he needs to reach? 

The point where impatient fans need to calm down is well taken and the examples of players need time, some more is also well taken

You're the same type of fan that defended Blair Thomas and Gholston until the end because they were high picks. Then when they get jettisoned into oblivion you're all for it.....no different than Leo, or Lee, or Pryor, or Milliner etc.. 

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Your right I've never seen a DT knife into the backfield and tackle the RB. 

Aaron Donald only leads the league in tackles for loss. Same position. 

Love the insistence to compare a rookie learning the pro game to a future HOF player.  His record setting year no less. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Pac said:

More from JN's Finest:

Let me get this straight. Jonah Williams would have been a bad pick because he got hurt on the Bengals practice field. Using your logic, Sam would have got mono if he played for another team.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Fans said the same thing about adams his first 2 years. Also, some only see stats likes sacks and TFL; some don't transition as easily to NFL, next year after a year and an off-season to bulk up and we will have a better idea.

I am looking at anything...just a tackle...dude has 0s and 1s.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Let me get this straight. Jonah Williams would have been a bad pick because he got hurt on the Bengals practice field. Using your logic, Sam would have got mono if he played for another team.

Why are people acting like Dee Milliner, CJ Mosely, Jordan Leggett, Marcus Maye, etc etc etc weren't called busts for getting hurt?

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't no what your talking about. I didn't read anything. It's common sense that a top 5 draft pick should be on the field making an impact in some way. He is the highest defensive player we have ever drafted. And he's been invisible. 

How many top 5 picks finished there rookie season with less than 20 tackles? (QW is on Pace for less than 20)

I went back all the way to 2010 and couldn't find a single 1.

Marcel dareus was a top 5 pick and his rookie year he had 43 tackles 5.5 sacks.

Suh had 66 tackles with 10 sacks

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don't no what your talking about. I didn't read anything. It's common sense that a top 5 draft pick should be on the field making an impact in some way. He is the highest defensive player we have ever drafted. And he's been invisible. 

How many top 5 picks finished there rookie season with less than 20 tackles? (QW is on Pace for less than 20)

I went back all the way to 2010 and couldn't find a single 1.

Marcel dareus was a top 5 pick and his rookie year he had 43 tackles 5.5 sacks.

Suh had 66 tackles with 10 sacks

It’s common sense to you that you have numbers he should reach and then compound it by comparing him to the best DT in the NFL.  A kid, one year of college, less than one full NFL season.  Now Suh.  Darius.  

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Love the insistence to compare a rookie learning the pro game to a future HOF player.  His record setting year no less. 

Yea except everyone on this board called him Aaron Donald 2.0 when he was drafted.

And I wasn't comparing him to Donald to be clear. Someone said that dts don't get tackles. And It just so happens that dts can make tackles. Donald leads the league in tackles for loss

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s common sense to you that you have numbers he should reach and then compound it by comparing him to the best DT in the NFL.  A kid, one year of college, less than one full NFL season.  Now Suh.  Darius.  

Suh and dareus were top 5 picks at the same position. Those are there rookie numbers