Serious Question: Is Quinnen ON The Field?

First play of game he got double teamed, pushed both lineman back into Carr, which blew the play up. 

didn’t see him much but doesn’t mean he didn’t have an impact. Another strong performance by the D, which he is a part of. Noticed a lot of 4/3 fronts today. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Bottom line- Q Williams is a project DT and this pick- when you look at everything, was the straw that broke the camel's back on Macagnan.

The number 3 pick should make an immediate impact- after game 11 he has not.  He may turn into a very good to great player but it will take time.  Time to develop at DT is not something you have when you just drafted a franchise QB and have fewer picks.  He was the wrong pick.

Honestly, I think after the past few games- with what you have seen from Adams, that Williams could be a trade chip in the off season.  I truly think they may cut bait and take their chances with Douglas and an extra first or second rounder.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TNJet said:

Last year at this time we all thought Shepherd and Foley Fat were drafted bustees. Sometimes it takes longer than season one to make an impact. The said guys this year are a big reason why we are the #1 rush defense in the league.

Busts??  Never should have been drafted maybe, but not sure a 3rd rounder can be considered a bust in year one, but 3rd pick can.

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Adam Gase actually refused to be in the draft room when he saw Maccagnan’s draft board, likely with Q Williams at the top. True story. 

Gase made up his mind to get Macc fired the moment his input wasn't crucial to making the top picks.  He didn't want to pick up Bell.  He wanted to a cheap running back and wear him out like he did in Miami.  We wouldn't have picked Williams if Gase had been one of the voices in the draft room.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

These threads are really getting ridiculous now.  Hell its the same thing for Sam. When he makes a mistake all of a sudden we have “Sam is a bust” thread.  Gotta have some damn patience.  li know fans just want to see sacks but that’s not the whole game.

At this point most of us would settle for a solo tackle.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

These threads are really getting ridiculous now.  Hell its the same thing for Sam. When he makes a mistake all of a sudden we have “Sam is a bust” thread.  Gotta have some damn patience.  li know fans just want to see sacks but that’s not the whole game.

Yeah it is for a 3rd overall pick lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Which only makes his lack of production even more evident. Nathan Sheppard has more sacks than he does, and he was a 5th round pick. 

Shep was a third rounder last year but I get your point. At this point I don't even care about sacks, I just want too see the kid stand out and make a play. 

• Upvote 1