Browns Were A Mess

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

As the AFC's two teams most associated with long-term dysfunction the Jets and Browns are inexorably linked for a variety of reasons (frequent GM and HC turnover, similar subpar in-season performances and records, the only two teams to lose to the Bengals this year, Gregg Williams going from CLE to NYJ, the Mayfield-Darnold draft, etc.).  I'm not surprised that Browns talk is fairly frequent here and I don't really have a problem with it.  In fact, with how often our own fans crap on the Jets it's kinda nice to see a team that is easily a much bigger train wreck than we are right now.

They are a train wreck, no doubt about it.

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Since you are makong this more about Mayfield and less about the Browns organization, Monken in particular  who a lot of people here wanted as HC before Gase was selected, I couldn't  be happier to have Darnold over Mayfield right now. Mayfield came our strong thanks to beating up on a bunch of teams tlwith losing records. This uear he emploded. Sam has not taken any steps forward, mabe even regressed a but at least he didn't  do it on a team loaded with talent.  

Props to you for your faith in Sam and the reasonable assesment. 

You case for him wasn't very inspiring though, lol.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Props to you for your faith in Sam and the reasonable assesment. 

You case for him wasn't very inspiring though, lol.

The Jets personnel wise are probably a bigger mess than the Browns leadership wise. When we have a serviceable OL, OBJ, Landry, Chubb, and Hunt, I'll  be worried more about Sam being a failure when he turns in a season like the one Baker just did.

Happy New Year 723
I keep telling you why they do it, but you don't believe me.
If Darnold had performed the way they said he would the last two years, nobody here would care about Mayfield or the Browns.
They're all in on Sam, but disappointed with the way things are going so far. Mayfield flew out of the gate last year, and that bothered them, so they started taking every shot they can at him and the Browns to make themselves feel better about Sam and the Jets.  

They.
Them
Those

How dare you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So basically it’s up to Haslam if he wants McDaniels or actually listen to DePodesta. I hope he gives mcdaniels total control so we can watch it burn. 

Funny how selective an organization's memory is, isn't it?

Josh McDaniels' downfall in DEN was largely attributed to him having too much power... the autopsy on his first HC experience was, don't give him GM powers... here we are talking about how if you want to land McDaniels, he needs GM powers.

And people laugh at me when I say I can run an NFL team better than some of these muppets. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, King P said:

I'm honesty tired of hearing about Cleveland and Mayfield. And I like Baker too. But I'm sick of hearing about the disfunction of a historically irrelevant team who had a worse season than us

the minute I saw Kitchens in the Pittsburgh started it tee shirt, I knew he was a loser. 

• Upvote 2

Just replace Browns for Jets, sounds familiar..

#Browns

NFL_Clubs_2019_2020_Emojis_ClevelandBrow

yearly calendar:

Jan: Coach/GM search & hire Feb: Combine

March: Free agency & hype builds

April: NFL Draft, get your playoff tix

May-June: They're killing it in practice!

July: Vacation Aug: Training camp hype

Sept-Nov: They still stink

Dec: Time to fire people, again

• Upvote 1