***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV GAME THREAD***

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So you’re saying the Jury isn’t out?

That Sam is done...that he can’t be “near” as good as Mahomes?

put up all the stats you want...I watch the game and what I see in Sam is a QB with immense talent that has close to no support between the talent on his team and the coaching staff.

And Sam can, without question, be “near” as good to Mahomes.

If you don’t see it it’s fine, but no need for the snarky sarcasm.

Eye testy

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you’re saying the Jury isn’t out?

That Sam is done...that he can’t be “near” as good as Mahomes?

put up all the stats you want...I watch the game and what I see in Sam is a QB with immense talent that has close to no support between the talent on his team and the coaching staff.

And Sam can, without question, be “near” as good to Mahomes.

If you don’t see it it’s fine, but no need for the snarky sarcasm.

Darnold has a long way to go to get to good, let alone league/super bowl MVP, and doesn't have anything resembling the physical tools of Mahommes.

Can Darnold get better?  Sure.  Let's leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Just FYI, the guy who did it tonight was a 3rd round pick on his 2nd team and made 2M this season.

Sometimes you can't choose where the money is spent.  You just say thank you that one of your draft picks turned out to be a potential Hall of Famer.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

At 21-10 with five minutes to play, 49ers should have been favourites by miles. Second time Shanahan has choked away a super bowl.

Mediocrity Wins Championships.

The last several Super Bowls have taught us this.  You don't need to have a great team.  You just need to have a great quarterback and a hot streak.  It's now easier than ever to win it all.  It's our turn. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Jets passed on the 17 class for the 18 class

Adams  had nothing to do with it

Just stop.  Macc had no plan.  He didn't evaluate that the '18 class > '17 class.  He had no f**king clue what he was doing.  His plan A was Kirk Cousins and his Plan B was Josh Allen. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sometimes you can't choose where the money is spent.  You just say thank you that one of your draft picks turned out to be a potential Hall of Famer.

SAR I

What season do you think this potential HOF gets his first non-garbage time INT?  Also, that 2M a year guy just had a bigger game than the future HOF'er has ever had.

• Upvote 1

Shanahan killed his team.  Give The KC defense credit they were the MVP’s IMO.  Also that touchdown call was a killer.  He was out of bounds before he crossed the plane but there was no way they would overturn it in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.  So it was a combination of Shanahan stupidly abandoning the run then some really bad luck that hurt the 49ers.  Also that PI call.  It was the right call BUT if the guys turned around that would have been another pick and the game would have been sealed 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mediocrity Wins Championships.

The last several Super Bowls have taught us this.  You don't need to have a great team.  You just need to have a great quarterback and a hot streak.  It's now easier than ever to win it all.  It's our turn. 

SAR I

12-4 in back to back seasons is "mediocrity?"

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

On Mahomes being an elite QB regardless?  No.  They don't.  You can't watch him play and conclude he is not an elite QB.  

I never he wasn’t but at the same time isn’t it fair to say that having all those weapons and protection make his life a hell of a lot easier?  

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

What season do you think this potential HOF gets his first non-garbage time INT?  Also, that 2M a year guy just had a bigger game than the future HOF'er has ever had.

I wish he were at a different position, but when you are lucky enough to have a moron draft you a perennial All Pro you thank your lucky stars.  It's not like we had George Young calling the shots.

Safety is a pretty important position.  Look at the Chiefs.  Their bread and butter are crossing routes over the LB's and bombs down the field.  No elite secondary, no Super Bowl.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t think you can make that claim yet until we see Sam with even a little bit of talent and coaching around him.

Sam is much better than most people think....

He's not going from bottom 10 QB to top 10 QB overnight.  

Better coaching, OL and weapons puts him about average or a little above average is my guess.  

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

On top of that, anyone that believes Mahomes would have developed the same way under Todd Bowles and his offensive coordinators, with our talent, is as dumb as a sack of rocks.

Anyone who thinks Mahomes wouldn't be a top 5/10 QB anywhere he ended up is as dumb as a sack of rocks.

He wouldn't be celebrating a Lombardi tonight if he wasn't a Chief.  But he just won a SB in year 3 of his career, 1 year removed from a 50 TD season.   Kid is special, and its absurd the lengths people are going to discredit him.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  Mahomes

2.  Watson

3.  McCaffrey

4.  Kamara

5.  Kittle

6.  Juju Smith-Schuster

7.  Tre'Davious White

8.  TJ Watt

9.  OT Ryan Ramcyzk  

10.  Eddie Jackson

11.  Dalvin Cook

12.  Jamal Adams

You are much to generous. 

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

12-4 in back to back seasons is "mediocrity?"

Capture.jpg

What I'm saying is that the last 11 Super Bowl champions have not been these epic teams who dominated the entire league.  The majority of these teams were one-and-done, 2 of the Patriots wins were against epically stupid Seahawk and Falcon coaching collapses, and the likes of Brees and Rodgers eked one out each and were never heard from again.

Tonight is more of same.  The Chiefs played like ass for 3.5 quarters and got some breaks and scored fast.  Andy Reid coached to lose again, Mahomes looked weak under the lights again.  Chiefs may not even make the playoffs next year.  It's how the league works.

SAR I