Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

I feel like this OBJ trade stuff is just made up by the fans and everyone is running with it. And it doesn’t actually exist as a possibility. 

Agree. Doesn’t seem like Joe Douglas to trade picks or take on that contract, especially for someone who’s had a checkered past, specifically in Ny

You can't be mad if JD lets Robby walk. He has been a consistent deep threat, yes... but honestly he has lacked in just about every other area - blocking, inside routes, breaking tackles... He also comes with off-the-field questions and when you put all of that together, I don't think he A. is somebody worth committing 10+mil a season too and B. fits JD's image of the team

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Have a feeling we pivot very quickly and try to structure the framework for the OBJ trade while adding someone like Perriman.

Hell no.

I don't get the love for this guy: production dropping, injury prone, big contract, self centered and an absolute head case. OBJ is exactly the type of player that JD will never go for.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Hell no.

I don't get the love for this guy: production dropping, injury prone, big contract, self centered and an absolute head case. OBJ is exactly the type of player that JD will never go for.

Not a fan of surrounding Darnold with rookies and scrap heap receivers (which is what is left in free agency).

I know this rookie WR class if good, but I just don’t think it’s something you can rely on. Especially considering OTAs and rookie minicamp will likely be canceled. 

• Upvote 1

Not a fan of surrounding Darnold with rookies and scrap heap receivers (which is what is left in free agency).
I know this rookie WR class if good, but I just don’t think it’s something you can rely on. Especially considering OTAs and rookie minicamp will likely be canceled. 
Second round rookies this year are more likely to be successful than any bum in free agency including amari cooper who got way overpaid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I feel like this OBJ trade stuff is just made up by the fans and everyone is running with it. And it doesn’t actually exist as a possibility. 

Tell that to this guy then

On 3/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, GREENBEAN said:

I have a guy who has somewhat of an inside scoop from the Jets and this is what he told me. Take it for what it is. Rumor. 

The Jets believe they can resign Robby and are almost ready to impress more urgency on him in the next 24-48 hours. They have had talks with other WR's but are waiting for Robby first.  They may sign another even if Robby is retained but they want to know his number first.  

That's not all that new and most of us kinda know that already. Now here for the actual news...

The Jets may have the preliminaries worked out with the Browns for an obj trade. If they cannot retain Robby they will switch gears and work on making that happen with the Browns. The problem is odell's contract and they will not pay both Robby and Beckham.  Robby remains preferred. 

He did not know the specific compensation but said it may include both player and draft capital. He told me that he believed there to be 2021 stuff involved. 

I don't know how I feel if this were to hav truth to it. Any thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

You can't be mad if JD lets Robby walk. He has been a consistent deep threat, yes... but honestly he has lacked in just about every other area - blocking, inside routes, breaking tackles... He also comes with off-the-field questions and when you put all of that together, I don't think he A. is somebody worth committing 10+mil a season too and B. fits JD's image of the team

Plus we're currently even on UFA's lost/UFA's added.

If/when Robby walks, we're now in position to pick up a comp pick, provided we don't add more UFA's than we lose going forward.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

Breshad Perriman is the guy

KWQYLD6GSZAAFAW6HTF3ISYZCE.jpg

I'll take Perriman plus a Dorsett, Sharpe, Robinson, or Rashard Higgins. Can probably get two of them for less than Robby is asking, then add another guy high in the draft.

Load up on potential pieces around Sam.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'll take Perriman plus a Dorsett, Sharpe, Robinson, or Rashard Higgins. Can probably get two of them for less than Robby is asking, then add another guy high in the draft.

Load up on potential pieces around Sam.

How many pieces do you want to add?  They need quality, more than quantity.  Adding a bunch of pieces to Crowder isn't going to help as much as adding the highest quality players they can find.  I think they should add at least one piece in the draft.  I really question if adding Perriman and Dorsett would offset Anderson's exit.  People get caught up in Perriman's last 3 games, but he has a full career of underperforming.  

21 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Hell no.

That’s your opinion. I love the guy and want that kind of talent on my talent deficient team.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s your opinion. I love the guy and want that kind of talent on my talent deficient team.

Yea I tend to agree with you. He’s worth the headaches for us. We need to give Darnold weapons. 

Adding an elite #1 in his prime for our quarterback’s third season and allowing us to draft an OT @ 11 is a great strategy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How many pieces do you want to add?  They need quality, more than quantity.  Adding a bunch of pieces to Crowder isn't going to help as much as adding the highest quality players they can find.  I think they should add at least one piece in the draft.  I really question if adding Perriman and Dorsett would offset Anderson's exit.  People get caught up in Perriman's last 3 games, but he has a full career of underperforming.  

Exactly 

All of those guys are backups. We don’t want a situation where we are relying on the David Nelson’s and Clyde Gates of the world.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Robby has done his share of disappearing in big games. Plus, the off the field stuff and self promotion has probably limited his market.

If we keep him, great. But we still need to add more WRs. Other than Crowder, we've got nothing apart from unproven players and projects.

Add a couple of good vets, one of whom might be Anderson, and then add another WR high in the draft. 

1 minute ago, King P said:

JN: "We need to give Darnold weapons!"

Also JN: "Screw Odell, we don't want him!"

Remember the last time this franchise surrounded a young QB with sociopathic cancers at WR?

I do. 

Whether you want it to happen or not, it's not happening.  Might as well get used to that.