Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m not a huge fan of Jeudy.  I would rather trade back and take Jefferson who i think will be better.  Ruggs has unique speed and is build more compactly than Jeudy who is too slender IMO.  

What about Jalen Reagor as a Round 2 option?  His Combine wasn't great which could make him available at #48.  Similar player to Ruggs IMO but a B or B+ caliber rather than an A.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think he realizes that there isn’t much difference in these prospects and ruggs’ speed is a game changer.

Isn’t much difference!? Jeudy is the best route runner to come out of the draft in nearly 20 years..then his agility and change of direction?? Lamb is elite at high pointing and tracking in the air and has sudden moves that put DB’s on their ass regularly. He breaks tackles and he’s an angry bull after the catch. 

Ruggs is probably John Ross. You remember the Bengals took him after he ran a 4.2 and then he proceeded to do nothing in the league since that day.

3 minutes ago, King P said:

1st: CeeDee Lanb

2nd: Prince Tega Wanogho

3rd: Michael Pittman Jr.

I'd be ecstatic if our draft went like this! 

I like it.  But I think teams are going to jump the Jets in the Draft to snipe Wide Receivers right before the Jets pick.  Anybody behind the Jets will know that, particularly in Rounds 2 and 3, they may want to trade up a few spots if they're looking for a WR.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

As long as Peters is signed as LT//RT

Do something like sign Jason Peters, bring back Demaryius Thomas and sign Breshad Perriman......and the Jets are on decent footing heading into the Draft.  Still obviously need upgrades and a difference maker at WR, but those three moves temporarily plug holes before the Draft and still leave flexibility.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Isn’t much difference!? Jeudy is the best route runner to come out of the draft in nearly 20 years..then his agility and change of direction?? Lamb is elite at high pointing and racking in the air and has sudden moves that people DB’s on their ass regularly. He breaks tackled and he’s a angry bull after the catch. 

Ruggs is probably John Ross. You remember the Bengals took him after he ran a 4.2 and then he proceeded to do nothing in the league since that day.

Not as high on Ruggs, but you're doing him a disservice calling him John Ross. He's a much better receiver.

Honestly, Ruggs reminds me of a former Jets receiver: Santana Moss

• Upvote 1

JD is looking for deals.  He's not going to blow the cap space up for anybody.  I think his negotiation style basically sets the pace for whomever he's going to sign.  You either respect somebody like that or it turns you off.  I wish we'd have had JD here when Fitz the JAG tried to tell the Jets front office how much he was worth.  JD would have ate a couple of cheese burgers while he made his pitch.  And I would traded all my Pink Floyd vinyl to see that.

• Upvote 3

Just now, pdxgreen said:

JD is looking for deals.  He's not going to blow the cap space up for anybody.  I think his negotiation style basically sets the pace for whomever he's going to sign.  You either respect somebody like that or it turns you off.  I wish we'd have had JD here when Fitz the JAG tried to tell the Jets front office how much he was worth.  JD would have ate a couple of cheese burgers while he made his pitch.  And I would traded all my Pink Floyd vinyl to see that.

True 

14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I would need at least a 1 and either another piece like a OL or another premium pick.  Look I’m not a Jamal fan but the kid is really really good 

So, if you don't get that, are you willing to pay Jamal Adams 10-15% of your cap space to keep him?  That's really the question, and for me, the answer is no.  He's not a guy you allocate that % of your resources to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

So, if you don't get that, are you willing to pay Jamal Adams 10-15% of your cap space to keep him?  That's really the question, and for me, the answer is no.  He's not a guy you allocate that % of your resources to.

No but I wouldn’t pull the trigger so fast.  I would want JD to get the best possible deal 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

When’s the last time the jets had a 2 time pro bowler, the best at his position? Don’t look at him as a safety, he’s a defensive weapon.

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

When’s the last time the jets had a 2 time pro bowler, the best at his position? Don’t look at him as a safety, he’s a defensive weapon.

If he's the best at a position that doesn't matter, that doesn't make him worth spending 15 % of the cap.  

You don't see too many VCR Repairmen out there doing much business these days.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he's the best at a position that doesn't matter, that doesn't make him worth spending 15 % of the cap.  

You don't see too many VCR Repairmen out there doing much business these days.  

He’s not a VCR repairman though - he’s a stud.

40 minutes ago, King P said:

Yes I do follow the game. Which is why I'm questioning what you say.

How do a WR play losing football? Especially in an era where it's a passing league? Everything positive a WR does affects the game in a positive way.

Add in the fact that a WR is dependent on the QB, and your point really goes downhill. Because if a WR is putting up stats/numbers that affect the game negatively, then what does that say about the QB?

But you being one of the people that put QBs on a pedestal, I expect you to dodge that like a politician and absolve them of any wrongdoing

Football is the ultimate team sport.  Winning football is played by players who buy into the message, all pulling for the same prize.  OBJ is not that player.  Im sorry that you dont understand what I'm saying, I assume youre just ignoring it because anyone who follows the game knows exactly what I'm talking about even if they dont agree, which is your choice.  But dont try and sell me on the WR being dependent on the QB and whatever other theory you have to downplay the theory that OBJ isn't a winning player.  

There are several, at least 3-4 WRs, I'd love to Draft in the last 20's of this Draft.  I want a trade down badly if it can net us another 2nd round pick.  I'd have no problem missing out on Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and getting a shot at Jefferson, Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk, Pittman, Reagor, etc.  In fact, we could get two of them if we trade down and still get an OT at #48.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

The next wr tier down from these guys is going to produce some really good pros as well imo.

Agree 100%.  There will be potential starters available through Round 5 or 6 this year I think.  Some are one-dimensional, some are risky, etc. but WR quality will still be very, very high on Day 3.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'M sO PiSsEd oFF RiGhT NoW.

He did get paid, lol. Problem is, not by us, and a two year deal is great for him, he can become a FA again when he’s what 27 or 28?

Meanwhile our offense couldn’t look worse. Whatever it is JD is doing, he’s not looking to win in ‘20, that’s for sure. We’re Jag Central right now.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3

34 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Nothing on this side of eternity would be worth that!! 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He got a lot of sacks for a safety.  He did not get a lot of sacks for a "defensive weapon."  He got very few INTs for a safety.  He got very few INTs for a defensive weapon.  He forced 2 fumbles, which again, is not a lot for a "defensive weapon,"  In fact, it is the exact same amount as Buster Skrine.  He made 61 tackles, which is outside of the top 100 for a defender.   He also did not crack the top 100 in passes defended.

His signature play is a sack fumble for a TD against one of the NFL's worst teams with a QB who is currently 5th on the single season fumbles list, and got that high only playing 13 games, which, if extrapolated, would make him #1.

And, no, I'm not willing to pay a "defensive weapon" who "does the things that don't show up in the stat sheet," top of the NFL defender money, even if he beclowned Daniel Jones.