Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Just now, T0mShane said:

Either Robby has a deal somewhere and it’s just not announced or he’s got dead hookers in his trunk and is about to get busted, because when teams are signing Phil Dorsett and Travis Benjamin instead of you, you got problems

Just been reported - Carolina, 2 years, $20M.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Either Robby has a deal somewhere and it’s just not announced or he’s got dead hookers in his trunk and is about to get busted, because when teams are signing Phil Dorsett and Travis Benjamin instead of you, you got problems

Prescient.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No.  

The mistake would be to not see what he is and how that effects every team hes been on.  He isn't a winner, doesnt play winning football.  Its what he is.  There have been lots like him a WR, they dont win, aren't winners almost all of the time and aren't needed.  They hurt their teams more than they help

The game of football is much more than talent and numbers

How does a wide receiver play winning football? Are they not supposed to catch the ball and make plays? Does Odell not do that?

Wide receivers are for the most part dependent on good QB play to be useful.

Look at the QBs he's played with? Eli Manning has been washed up the past couple years and Baker Mayfield had a down year? It's OBJ's fault for that? Unless you're saying their down years are attributed to Odell

2 hours ago, KRL said:

The way Douglas has played the market I'll be shocked if he doesn't get Anderson
back at a very reasonable price

I was wrong, considering the deal Douglas must've had a 8-9 million value on Anderson

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, King P said:

How does a wide receiver play winning football? Are they not supposed to catch the ball and make plays? Does Odell not do that?

Wide receivers are for the most part dependent on good QB play to be useful.

Look at the QBs he's played with? Eli Manning has been washed up the past couple years and Baker Mayfield had a down year? It's OBJ's fault for that? Unless you're saying their down years are attributed to Odell

How does a WR play winning football?  Is that a real question?  Do you follow the game? 

Hes part of a long line of me first, I'm bigger than the game WRs who dont win championships 

But its his QBs at fault.  Or those that cant wait to rid their teams of the cancer

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I do think this puts pressure on Joe D to potentially fix the other tackle position ahead of the draft so we can go WR. Trent Williams?

What if the Jets trade a 2nd round pick (and throw in Avery Williams) for OBJ?  The Browns flip the 2nd rounder to Redskins to get Trent Williams, and now the Browns can go WR with the #10 pick; letting the OT they were going to draft to drop to us.

We can either take the tackle at #11, or trade back with a team that wants to jump in front of the Raiders to get their WR... who knows, maybe we even get our 2nd round pick back.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

What if the Jets trade a 2nd round pick (and throw in Avery Williams) for OBJ?  The Browns flip the 2nd rounder to Redskins to get Trent Williams, and now the Browns can go WR with the #10 pick; letting the OT they were going to draft to drop to us.

We can either take the tackle at #11, or trade back with a team that wants to jump in front of the Raiders to get their WR... who knows, maybe we even get our 2nd round pick back.   

I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't love it simply because I'm not an OBJ guy - I think he's a team cancer who will always be great individually but never win anything.

BUT - trading for OBJ and landing Wills at 11 would put this offense on the map in a big way. I also think trading for OBJ and drafting Jeudy at 11 would do the same thing though.... All we need to do it make the big move 

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't love it simply because I'm not an OBJ guy - I think he's a team cancer who will always be great individually but never win anything.

BUT - trading for OBJ and landing Wills at 11 would put this offense on the map in a big way. I also think trading for OBJ and drafting Jeudy at 11 would do the same thing though.... All we need to do it make the big move 

Wills & OBJ > Jeudy/Lamb & Isaiah Wilson/Lucas Niang

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, lauderdale jet said:

not trading him last year turned out to be a big blunder...

This is the major negative.  I think JD/AG/CJ are really emphasizing smarts and character. 

My guess is that the Jets were not that far off of this.  

Get Perriman.  

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dude shut up already lol.

So, based on everything we just saw, JD is going to tear up Jamal's contract with 1 year and an option year left and pay him $18MM for multiple years and multiple years guaranteed?  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How does a WR play winning football?  Is that a real question?  Do you follow the game? 

Yes I do follow the game. Which is why I'm questioning what you say.

How do a WR play losing football? Especially in an era where it's a passing league? Everything positive a WR does affects the game in a positive way.

Add in the fact that a WR is dependent on the QB, and your point really goes downhill. Because if a WR is putting up stats/numbers that affect the game negatively, then what does that say about the QB?

But you being one of the people that put QBs on a pedestal, I expect you to dodge that like a politician and absolve them of any wrongdoing

48 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

No way I give up a second rounder.  Just because we had 2nd round busts in the past with other regimes doesn’t mean we just give them away.  I’m not trading any premium picks this year and I doubt JD will either 

I don't disagree.  A 2nd is the highest I'd go....but if we think the off-field risk is low then we'd be getting an elite WR1 at a position of need and without rookie bust risk.

In my calculus though is the very real possibility that Joe D is going to trade down from #11 anyway.  He could go back into the early 20's and get another team's 2nd rounder.  This would still let him get an OT and potentially a WR not named Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I don't disagree.  A 2nd is the highest I'd go....but if we think the off-field risk is low then we'd be getting an elite WR1 at a position of need and without rookie bust risk.

In my calculus though is the very real possibility that Joe D is going to trade down from #11 anyway.  He could go back into the early 20's and get another team's 2nd rounder.  This would still let him get an OT and potentially a WR not named Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs.

I get your point but it’s far too risky for me.  Plus we need our premium picks more than anyone considering how we messed up in other drafts.  Plus it’s such a strong WR class this year 

• Upvote 1