Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

46 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

as I expected. He wanted a fresh start. Could tell he wanted “greener pastures” from the very start. Good luck Robby.

now we’re empty handed.

I'm fine with this.

Good for him.  He gets reunited with his old coach, Matt Rhule.

$10M per year is about what we'd all come to expect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

I get your point but it’s far too risky for me.  Plus we need our premium picks more than anyone considering how we messed up in other drafts.  Plus it’s such a strong WR class this year 

If we trade below Miami, we miss Josh Jones.  If Josh Jones turns out good, we get to watch him block us for 5+ years, just like Tunsil would have if he was not traded.  

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because no one responded to Jamal for Jamal to question why he can’t be happy for Anderson.

lol he literally just responded to himself for no reason.

If you goto the tweet on Twitter there are a ton of negative responses.  I don’t get it.

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

as I expected. He wanted a fresh start. Could tell he wanted “greener pastures” from the very start. Good luck Robby.

now we’re empty handed.

I imagine we weren't giving him anything close to 12M in year one, and I also imagine this is essentially a 1 year deal from CAR, but we'll see on that.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, KRL said:

I was wrong, considering the deal Douglas must've had a 8-9 million value on Anderson

Carolina probably overpaid a little bit IMO.

No way Robby was ever getting the $14-15M some thought though.

I trust Joe D.  Let's see what he does.  My guess is that he brings back a couple of hold-the-fort guys....maybe a Demaryius Thomas type.  And then he'll add another WR through FA and two in the Draft.  I don't think a trade is impossible but I'd be shocked if Joe D. demonstrates a panic move and launches 1st round picks to Cleveland in order to bring OBJ to his 3rd NFL team before age 28.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

If you goto the tweet on Twitter there are a ton of negative responses.  I don’t get it.

Twitter is a cesspool of dipsh*ts

There were a bunch of Jets fans tweeting this morning that the Jets should sign Cam Newton.

They’d all be sent to the gas chamber if I was in charge.

• Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

I imagine we weren't giving him anything close to 12M in year one, and I also imagine this is essentially a 1 year deal from CAR, but we'll see on that.

Yep not much too glean in terms of hidden meaning. He took the guaranteed $12 million in year with an opportunity to get more per year beginning in 2021.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because no one responded to Jamal for Jamal to question why he can’t be happy for Anderson.

lol he literally just responded to himself for no reason.

Plenty of people responding negatively to JA under his original tweet.  JA just responded to that treat to say his 2nd one.

He could have handled it differently, but it wasn't that bad.

Also, we should definitely trade him because he's the most overrated player I can recall.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Plenty of people responding negatively to JA under his original tweet.  JA just responded to that treat to say his 2nd one.

He could have handled it differently, but it wasn't that bad.

Also, we should definitely trade him because he's the most overrated player I can recall.

I have no issue tracing him but I want a big package for him.  

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I have no issue tracing him but I want a big package for him.  

I don't think you'll get a huge package (teheheheheheheheehe) for him.  But, I'd take as low a 1 in this draft, and if we don't do it this year, I'd even take a 2 in next years draft.  I simply don't believe he's worth top defender money, and I don't think any strong safety is worth top safety money, and wouldn't build my team around featuring him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

I don't think you'll get a huge package (teheheheheheheheehe) for him.  But, I'd take as low a 1 in this draft, and if we don't do it this year, I'd even take a 2 in next years draft.  I simply don't believe he's worth top defender money, and I don't think any strong safety is worth top safety money, and wouldn't build my team around featuring him. 

I would need at least a 1 and either another piece like a OL or another premium pick.  Look I’m not a Jamal fan but the kid is really really good 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
Replying to
Gase seems like he loves those smaller fast WRs like he had in Miami

Combine this with douglas saying in the pre combine presser he wants explosive athletes, yeah, i can see the jets taking Ruggs, then going OL in the 2nd, and then going wr again in the 3rd.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

10million for a #2 receiver. Pass.

Lets move on...

I think it's fair to say a couple things.  1) The Jets have plenty of money and a need at WR  2) They CHOOSE not to bring Robby back...for whatever reasons they have.  It's pretty clear to me that if the Jets wanted him they could have thrown $12M per year for 2 years and got him for $24M.  They simply don't think he's worth that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ruggs over Jeudy or Lamb would piss me off real real good.

I’m not a huge fan of Jeudy.  I would rather trade back and take Jefferson who i think will be better.  Ruggs has unique speed and is build more compactly than Jeudy who is too slender IMO.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Combine this with douglas saying in the pre combine presser he wants explosive athletes, yeah, i can see the jets taking Ruggs, then going OL in the 2nd, and then going wr again in the 3rd.  

Keep RB Anthony McFarland on your list too for a middle round selection.