Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I expect Anderson to save face and move on with or without a big contract.

Maybe, if the numbers are close, a lot easier to eat a little humble pie and not make any meaningful changes in your life, to having to uproot and start over somewhere else with no long term security.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember the last time this franchise surrounded a young QB with sociopathic cancers at WR?

I do. 

Whether you want it to happen or not, it's not happening.  Might as well get used to that.  

Are you referring to Braylon and Santonio?

Because if so then yeah I do.. we made it the furthest we've been for a long time and haven't reached that level since.

Plus Odell isn't as bad as Santonio. Also a better receiver. And Darnold is way better than Sanchez *shrug*

• Upvote 1

Just now, King P said:

Because if so then yeah I do.. we made it the furthest we've been for a long time and haven't reached that level since.

Plus Odell isn't as bad as Santonio. Also a better receiver. And Darnold is way better than Sanchez *shrug*

Think he meant Plexico Burris and Derrick Mason

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, British Jet said:

I’m quite excited to see what JD does once Robby Anderson decides to go elsewhere. 

Funny, I spent a few min thinking the same thing earlier today.  Hmmmmm what will the reaction be?  Ive heard that moves already planned but Robby is the priority.  The obj thing always seemed unlikely but the work has been done from what Ive been told. 

1 minute ago, King P said:

For one season, and then it all imploded.  And no, I meant Plaxico + Santonio + Mason.

We want long-term solutions.  Spending draft capital on a guy we'll likely have to turn around and trade somewhere else in 2 years is not ideal.  

36 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Hell no.

I don't get the love for this guy: production dropping, injury prone, big contract, self centered and an absolute head case. OBJ is exactly the type of player that JD will never go for.

I’m not advocating trading for him but what in your mind makes you dislike the idea of trading for him so badly?  From all accounts his teammates have loved him.  I get he’s got some obnoxious things about him.  Stats wise, in his “worst” year was last year and was WAY better then any jets receiver. 

1 minute ago, King P said:

Please, Plax was just coming out of prison and washed up. Mason was also washed up.

Neither were on the level of a current OBJ in his prime

Cool.  Still don't want to spend draft pick(s) on him just to have to trade him away again for less 1-2 years later.

If the Browns want to trade him to us for a conditional 7th or cut him outright, I'll change my opinion accordingly.  But not a moment sooner.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool.  Still don't want to spend draft pick(s) on him just to have to trade him away again for less 1-2 years later.

We shouldn't have to trade him away. And Odell is better than any WR in this draft, and is a sure thing.

Me: "I'll take OBJ!"

JN: "Wait a second King P! OBJ is OBJ, but that WR we draft on Day 2 could be anybody! He could even be OBJ!"

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, King P said:

We shouldn't have to trade him away. And Odell is better than any WR in this draft, and is a sure thing.

Me: "I'll take OBJ!"

JN: "Wait a second King P! OBJ is OBJ, but that WR we draft on Day 2 could be anybody! He could even be OBJ!"

History says otherwise.

You cannot provide a single assurance that he'd last year more than 1 year here, let alone 2.  

Hell, Gase might try to whack him by midseason of year 1.  

Stop being condescending.  We all like the talent of OBJ.  We're looking at the cost.  And it's considerable, both in terms of draft capital AND risk.  This isn't Madden or fantasy football. 

At one time everyone wanted Antonio Brown and now no one wants him.  OBJ is headed on a similar path.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed. OBJ is the exact move we need if we come up empty handed with Robby. You need more than 1-2 rookies and Crowder.

Patriot I have a lot of respect for you and agree with most of your posts but this I gotta respectfully disagree.  Obviously he has talent but he has had a lot of issues that I don’t want us to have to deal with.  Also I don’t think we are in the position to sacrifice draft capital for such a risky player.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

History says otherwise.

You provide a single assurance that he'd last year more than 1 year, let alone 2.  

Giants are stupid for trading him. And Cleveland would be even dumber to trade him, but their history is decision making shows how dumb they are

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Giants are stupid for trading him. And Cleveland would be even dumber to trade him, but their history is decision making shows how dumb they are

Yes, every team that trades him away is dumb and OBJ is the one who is in the right.  That makes sense.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

OBJ is one of those guys that fans think is a huge a$$hole but nobody who’s played with him thinks he’s an a$$hole. Even his OL seems to like him. I don’t think he’s the easiest guy to coach, but he’s not TO. I’d put him in the “emotionally high maintenance” category, which you can work with. 

I see what you're saying TOm but I still wouldn't want him on my team. Too much of a cancer IMO.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

I see what you're saying TOm but I still wouldn't want him on my team. Too much of a cancer IMO.

The thing is if the Pats traded for OBJ everyone here would be panicked. Just like how Randy Moss was a cancer and a pariah until the Pats signed him. The guy(OBJ) has talent the question is how much does the current Jets staff want to work with a headcase WR. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Hard to argue that in the case of Rosen and Newton, that the real victim isn't Jamal Adams.

Jamal Adams, the son of former professional football player George Adams, has just learned that professional football is, in fact, a business. A lesson he could not have learned on the mean streets of <checks notes> the Dallas suburbs.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, lauderdale jet said:

sign / trade for williams so we can draft jeudy who is a true #1 this team lacks weapons. get peart in the second

I'd rather sign Jason Peters to serve the same purpose as 1-2 year placeholder with Fant as starting RT (and a LT backup).  I don't want to trade a Draft pick....even a 5th....for Trent Williams.  Spend an extra $1M on Jason Peters and keep the pick.

25 minutes ago, King P said:

I think he is referring to Santonio, Plaxico and Derrick Mason.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JOE LIED HE SAID HE'D MAKE ME THE # 1 PRIORITY AND PAY ME NOWWWWW

My #sources told me that Joe Douglas personally promised Jamal Adams a fully guaranteed $100 million dollar deal but when Jamal signed on to Zoom to video-conference his parents about it, it turned out Joe Douglas (accompanied by a band of Asian Gypsies fresh off a densely packed refugee barge) was sitting in the living room with the parents atop a sniffling yak finalizing a deal to trade Jamal to the Bengals. What a vicious bastard Joe Douglas is.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OBJ is one of those guys that fans think is a huge a&#036;&#036;hole but nobody who’s played with him thinks he’s an a&#036;&#036;hole. Even his OL seems to like him. I don’t think he’s the easiest guy to coach, but he’s not TO. I’d put him in the “emotionally high maintenance” category, which you can work with. 

Plus he finally got rid of that silly ass haircut. So he has that going for him.

If the Jets and Robby part ways, then I think you could do a lot worse than trading a pick for OBJ.

Seems a big part of the reason he was getting frustrated last season is because Mayfield didn’t even bother to look his way half the time.

I don’t think that would be an issue with Darnold. Sam is an inherent risk taker who will put the ball up there and trust his receiver to come down with it. That’s exactly what you need with a receiver like Beckham.

• Upvote 3