McShays Latest Mock

I normally wouldn't put much into these mock drafts but Mcshay and Joe Douglas are best friends and former college roommates.  I for sure am going to be following McShays mock drafts a little more than usual.  He has the Jets taking Jeudy after 3 OT's (Becton, Wirfs, Wills) go right before them.

• Upvote 4

i think the crazy thing about his mock is he has andrew thomas going 29.  if that's closer to what his grade is, the jets could well be taking a wr in the first rather than reaching for a tackle but that would sure put a lot of pressure on them to fix the OL, especially if they didn't land conklin.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the crazy thing about his mock is he has andrew thomas going 29.  if that's closer to what his grade is, the jets could well be taking a wr in the first rather than reaching for a tackle but that would sure put a lot of pressure on them to fix the OL, especially if they didn't land conklin.

I have a feeling, and its just a feeling, that Mcshay may know more about the Jets FA plans and who they're going to go after than we know.  His mock could lead you to believe he thinks the Jets will acquire two tackles prior to the draft like Vaitai and Conklin which would take the Jets out of the tackle market. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I normally wouldn't put much into these mock drafts but Mcshay and Joe Douglas are best friends and former college roommates.  I for sure am going to be following McShays mock drafts a little more than usual.  He has the Jets taking Jeudy after 3 OT's (Becton, Wirfs, Wills) go right before them.

If that's the case, maybe he knows JD not a Thomas fan?

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I have a feeling, and its just a feeling, that Mcshay may know more about the Jets FA plans and who they're going to go after than we know.  His mock could lead you to believe he thinks the Jets will acquire two tackles prior to the draft like Vaitai and Conklin which would take the Jets out of the tackle market. 

or it could be that the way mcshay has graded the tackles, thomas is closer to a late 1st round grade rather than a top 10 grade and the jets would be better off drafting an OT in the 2nd round if that's the way it shakes out.  it also probably factors into, like you wrote, that mcshay knows about the jets FA plans and implies the jets will not keep anderson.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Bellamy won’t be resigned. And JD will grab 2 WR’s in this draft. He has to. There’s just to much value at the position and we Desperately need quality WR’s for Sam. 

This draft is so deep in WR's, you should not have a problem getting 2 of them. As far as FA goes, if we could come out of it with one starter at any of the 5 OL  positions, and get a legit edge guy, the draft could be used on OL, WR and a CB, and that's it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The only FA I'd consider is Conklin and the Jets have virtually zero chance of signing him. The rest are too old and looking for a final big $$$ contract and then they will only care about their health after getting the guaranteed dollars.

JD has got to come away from this draft with a LT that could be a franchise type player. If it takes a trade up - then so be it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

or it could be that the way mcshay has graded the tackles, thomas is closer to a late 1st round grade rather than a top 10 grade and the jets would be better off drafting an OT in the 2nd round if that's the way it shakes out.  it also probably factors into, like you wrote, that mcshay knows about the jets FA plans and implies the jets will not keep anderson.

Even if they kept Anderson taking a WR early is necessary.  Jeudy and Anderson are completely different WR's. The Jets need an outside WR that can get open on 3rd and 7 consistently.  Anderson isn't that guy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

This draft is so deep in WR's, you should not have a problem getting 2 of them. As far as FA goes, if we could come out of it with one starter at any of the 5 positions, and get a legit edge guy, the draft could be used on OL, WR and a CB, and that's it.

What!!!! No defensive lineman or safety ........sacrilegious

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Where's Thomas? Makes no sense.

It's an interesting Mock.  I just read the whole thing.

The first 7 picks include 0 Offensive Tackles.  He then has AZ, JAX and CLE taking 3 straight (Becton, Wirfs and Wills) leaving the Jets with a choice of any WR or Andrew Thomas.  Jeudy and Lamb go back-to-back at 11 and 12.  Thomas doesn't go until.....wait for it......29th!  He has the Titans taking him.

I think we all need to understand what may be happening with Thomas and whether he's really the prospect that he was thought to be prior to his 2019 college season.  He was a consensus Top 5 pick heading into the college season last Summer but by many accounts he's now not even one of the Top 4 OTs.  McShay has OT Josh Jones taken ahead of him at 26 by Miami.  (Read that one again).  Miami at #26 could have taken Andrew Thomas and passed in Todd's mock draft here.

We need more info on Thomas.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The first 7 picks include 0 Offensive Tackles.  He then has AZ, JAX and CLE taking 3 straight (Becton, Wirfs and Wills) leaving the Jets with a choice of any WR or Andrew Thomas.  Jeudy and Lamb go back-to-back at 11 and 12.  Thomas doesn't go until.....wait for it......29th!  He has the Titans taking him.

I think we all need to understand what may be happening with Thomas and whether he's really the prospect that he was thought to be prior to his 2019 college season.  He was a consensus Top 5 pick heading into the college season last Summer but by many accounts he's now not even one of the Top 3 OTs.

Any other OT's go in this mock between 10-29?

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The only FA I'd consider is Conklin and the Jets have virtually zero chance of signing him. The rest are too old and looking for a final big $$$ contract and then they will only care about their health after getting the guaranteed dollars.

JD has got to come away from this draft with a LT that could be a franchise type player. If it takes a trade up - then so be it.

Vaitai is 26 and can play LT and RT. Im pretty sure Douglas drafted him in Philly. If you wanted to trade up to get the best tackle you'd have to go to 7. 11 to 7 would take your 2nd round pick this year and 2nd round pick next year. No thanks

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If Mcshay is using inside info that Douglas has told him in confidence in his mocks, they won't be best friends much longer.

If anything Mc shay would be helping Douglas throw smoke screens out there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like both Jeudy and Lamb

If we have to take either of those players I'll be upset.

Jeudy/Lamb become the pick only if JD signs a top T and the 4 best OL are gone by pick 11. The he can get another top OL prospect in round 2. Otherwise **** NO.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think we all need to understand what may be happening with Thomas and whether he's really the prospect that he was thought to be prior to his 2019 college season.  He was a consensus Top 5 pick heading into the college season last Summer but by many accounts he's now not even one of the Top 4 OTs.  McShay has OT Josh Jones taken ahead of him at 26 by Miami.  (Read that one again).  Miami at #26 could have taken Andrew Thomas and passed in Todd's mock draft here.

We need more info on Thomas.

i also think that the raiders are going to trade to 9 or 10, ahead of the jets, to get the wr they want - probably jeudy.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i also think that the raiders are going to trade to 9 or 10, ahead of the jets, to get the wr they want - probably jeudy.  

That might push an OT down to the Jets....which I'd be fine with.

The key to our OT options is the following:  4-5 Defenders being taken (Young, Okudah, Simmons, Brown seem like locks), 3 QBs being taken, 1 WR being taken.  That's 8 or 9 players who are not OTs being taken.  I'd really prefer Wirfs, Becton or Wills at #11.  It's going to be dicey....but the Raiders trading up is probably a good thing.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think this all depends on price tag, everything i've heard is they ideally want to keep him and add another wr in the first 3 rounds.  

but this all centers around the money available after hunting for combinations of conklin, thuney, vaitai, fant, and the corner market of bradbury and mills.   anderson may be priced out by the needs at other spots and the ability to draft very quality WR's through out the first 3 rounds of this draft. 

From what i've heard (and im not the end all be all of information, i just happen to get some good nuggets). the jets would ideally like to address the WR position on day 2/3 of the draft (all suspect to change based on FA shakeout).