Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

No, you didnt. You said that it was a question these folks had yet to answer. 

How could I answer something that was never asked of me. 

Ask me the question. 

You're afraid to. That's ok. I knew you were full of sh*t.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Meh. Next time Robby wins a fight for a ball, it'll be in a Chuk E. Cheeses against a 6 year old. Maybe. LOL.

I will miss Side Show Bob's insightful tweets, though. 

#Quartine

Cant wait for us to trade Perriman in next year for a cheaper version. 

IN about 4 years we can field a bunch of WR's what are a shell of a shell of a shell of a shell of Robby anderson for vet minimum but call it smart because we saved money. 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Probably something to do with the fact that you're getting a player who, in their most recent season, contributed the same amount as Robby in less games, snaps, targets, etc. for half the cost of Robby. 

I'll say it again.  Some players need a second chance, time to develop, etc.  There will be another WR on this team come opening day.  This isn't the end of the world unless you felt that passing on Robby was an absolute mistake, which I don't.

I never said passing on Robby is a mistake. I literally don’t have a single pro-Robby post to my name. I can’t believe that you are now the third poster in less than an hour to bring Robby up as if this is all sour grapes for passing on him.

This is a bad signing, full stop.

The guy’s career high for yards and TDs in a season are 645 and 6, and over 50% of both came in 3 meaningless shootouts to end his 4th season full season as a pro. A season, by the way, in which he played with a QB who led the league in yards and TDs and playing for a coach who has always employed a downfield passing attack. This former 1st rounder with 3 years experience couldn’t beat out a younger 3rd rounder for playing time in that offense, and had worse stats than Stephen Hill in 20 more games until the final 5 games of last year, but he’s supposed to be a good deep threat? 

And regarding the second chance/time to blossom: the Jets will be his 4th team in 5 years. At this point, the jig is up. And given what I’ve seen from this franchise since we lucked into Darnold, I’m not willing to give an inch. I don’t care that he’s only here to fill out the roster; don’t give him $6m guaranteed then. Go find a scrub to give $1m to fill out the roster and then draft your WR. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

All this sounds good until we get to the part that folks who usually make statements like the one above never mentions. 

Production. 

Robby was a starting wr on a team with none, and his production was still generally clustered into a few games. Last year, he had only 6 games with more than 50 yards, and only 3 games with 5 or more receptions. In 2018, he had only 4 games with more than 50 yards, and only 2 with 5 or more receptions. 

You really want to hang your argument on production? Because game in game out, that's not something Robby provided

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Agreed. In the grand scheme, the Robby vs. Perriman debate is meaningless. A ton of overreaction (both positive and negative) today in the two threads for two marginal receivers. Getting the OL & WRs right in the next two drafts is far more essential. Not handing out long term, big money deals to questionable players is essential. Douglas has impressed me with his financial discipline in free agency; let's see if he has the draft chops.

Can Joe D draft has always been the #1 question regarding this regime.  His ability to draft (or lack thereof) trumps all other questions about Gase, Darnold or Adams.

• Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

#CoWaRd

That's a hastag. Not a question. 

If you want to now my answer, ask me a question. Or you can continue to allow me to use your energy for my enjoyment. 

If you really wanted me to answer your question, you'd simply ask the question the way im telling you do to it, which is like the way a person would normally ask a question. 

You didnt ask me anything, you made a false statement that I wont entertain. Ask the question or TL:DR. 

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He caught 17/24 targets his last 3 games for 350 yards. 

So your argument that he was merely targeted a ton is ridiculous.

Robby Anderson's last 16 catches last year were on 28 targets.

Nice try.

my argument is that Perriman is depth. Only depth. 

You expect more from him, and you should book yourself in at the Macc Hotel for the challenged.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All this sounds good until we get to the part that folks who usually make statements like the one above never mentions. 

Production. 

Foe bottom line Robby was a below average 2 to high 3,  until you realize it,  which you never will.  Robby's production for the amount of snaps and games played was garbage.  He wanted number 1 money received high 2 money.  Which was way to much. In Joe D we trust.  You will still win the Mike Glennon award.  Fighting the fight for someone that does not care if anyone on these boards have enough money to eat tomorrow.  Put things into perspective.  Famous last words coming by the Foe.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Robby was a starting wr on a team with none, and his production was still generally clustered into a few games. Last year, he had only 6 games with more than 50 yards, and only 3 games with 5 or more receptions. In 2018, he had only 4 games with more than 50 yards, and only 2 with 5 or more receptions. 

You really want to hang your argument on production? Because game in game out, that's not something Robby provided

Because Robby was a #2 WR playing out of position and when he finally got a respectable WR here to play in the slot, Darnold decided to kiss on some nasty women. 

No matter how you cut it, there is no reason for Perriman to be such an underachiever with John Harbaugh, Bruce Arians and Greg Williams as head coaches, Flacco, Mayfield and Winston as your QB, Evans, Godwin, Steve Smith, OBJ and Landry as receivers you can learn from as well as take attention away from you. 

Robby dealt with the worst coaches, the worst collection of QB's, and no talent around him. Yet while playing out of position was able to show that he's worth more than what Perriman is worth. 

I have no problem hanging my argument on production, when you have to hang your argument on extrapolating a 5 week stretch to the point that it hids a 4 year unproductive career who was just let go by the very team he produced that "extraordinary" 5 games with. Dude is a jag and only Jets fans would go this far to convince themselves that this is more than what it is. 

4 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Foe bottom line Robby was a below average 2 to high 3,  until you realize it,  which you never will.  Robby's production for the amount of snaps and games played was garbage.  He wanted number 1 money received high 2 money.  Which was way to much. In Joe D we trust.  You will still win the Mike Glennon award.  Fighting the fight for someone that does not care if anyone on these boards have enough money to eat tomorrow.  Put things into perspective.  Famous last words coming by the Foe.  

Na bro. Below

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're dismissed. 

Here's what I would like to know.

Why is there the assumption that signing Robbie for $20 million is not an insanely risky move? Lots of players completely disappear when they get money and based on some of his tweets and previous actions he is not exactly the most mature guy. Plus he has had numerous runs in with the law and has shown less than stellar common sense.

Reality is the $6M for BP is WAY less risky than Robbie and actually has higher upside. It is a solid move both from a football and financial stanpoint. If he completely fails there is no long term hit, if he plays like he did the last 5 games maybe we face giving him a big contract next year.

People here are SOOO focused on what a player has done not what he can do. It's just not the right way to look at players. Almost all players on 2nd and especially 3rd contracts are descending players. BP has the possibility to be an ascending one. Robbie will be Robbie, a decent 3rd option with some limited big play potential.

Salary caps force teams to manage risk, and JD is doing that. Most fans here want to pay big money hoping for a repeat of prior performance. In the NFL that rarely happens.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You should, I've followed this piece of sh*t organization since the mid 90's, and im one of the lucky one's. Some of these posters are old farts who go back to the 70's and even 60's. 

I dont know how the hell they're doing it. lol. 

I should what? .... don't  tell me what I should do ?

I was born a Jets Fan in '89, most definitely younger than many of these SOJFs.  The key to life so far (as a Jets fan and just with life in general).... Accept masochism. Roll around in your pain, breath it in deep, learn to love it. Eventually it's indistinguishable from pleasure and things get even weirder.

• Upvote 1

Because Robby was a #2 WR playing out of position and when he finally got a respectable WR here to play in the slot, Darnold decided to kiss on some nasty women. 

No matter how you cut it, there is no reason for Perriman to be such an underachiever with John Harbaugh, Bruce Arians and Greg Williams as head coaches, Flacco, Mayfield and Winston as your QB, Evans, Godwin, Steve Smith, OBJ and Landry as receivers you can learn from as well as take attention away from you. 
Robby dealt with the worst coaches, the worst collection of QB's, and no talent around him. Yet while playing out of position was able to show that he's worth more than what Perriman is worth. 

I have no problem hanging my argument on production, when you have to hang your argument on extrapolating a 5 week stretch to the point that it hids a 4 year unproductive career who was just let go by the very team he produced that "extraordinary" 5 games with. Dude is a jag and only Jets fans would go this far to convince themselves that this is more than what it is. 
If this dude is a JAG ... Robby is JAG ... I like Perriman a lot more than Robby.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Respectfully, this is a silly take. Perriman was drafted onto a team that has, historically, been a WR graveyard and an offensive wasteland until they retooled their offense for lamar two years ago. His first two seasons, he had one of the worst qbs in football throwing him the ball. His next year, he was with the browns as their 4th wr, and did ok with the opportunities he had. He continued to grow in 2019.he's on a good trajectory, has all the tools in the world. I'm not hinging my argument on 5 games, and suggesting that it's a mystery why a team with Godwin and Evans as it starting receivers didn't do everything in its power to retain perriman is absurd

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I should what? .... don't  tell me what I should do ?

I was born a Jets Fan in '89, most definitely younger than many of these SOJFs.  The key to life so far (as a Jets fan and just with life in general).... Accept masochism. Roll around in your pain, breath it in deep, learn to love it. Eventually it's indistinguishable from pleasure and things get even weirder.

Great Post.  Dont take no sh*t.  It’s good to be proud of your fandom despite rough times.  It’s not like we have been a bottom feeder every year for the past 30 years lol.  There have been good times and there will be again LGJ!!!

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Cmon. 

JD’s two signed WRs are josh Doctson and breshad perriman. Both on their 3rd team. 

You really wanna polish those two turds into shiners?

Doesnt change what I wrote.  Losing Robby shouldnt cause anyones butthole to clench up.

I’ll hold off on JDs abilities to pick a WR until after the draft, hes hardly had the opportunity to show his stuff yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

So we're dealing with "if" sitiations now. 

It's clear that the clue I knew was the one I spoke about, which was about the Panthers offering the contract that Robby sold. 

Im not over here selling "if" statements. then ending convo's with "Difference is youre running around telling people you know"

I know the Robby signed with the panthers for a respectable deal and the "if" statements by damage controllers dont mean much at this point. 

You keep repeating yourself

Are youu trying to convince us?

Or convince yourself?

Because after all of this you are no closer to knowing whether the Jets moved on from Robby or Robby moved on from the Jets.

We know which one would make you happier.  

Other than to draw people into arguments is there a point to this?  

All of this?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Guys $6 Mil Guaranteed.

An extra $2 Mil in incentives to keep him hungry.

Depth signing with financial incentives to motivate him to become a starter and produce.

Whats more motivating than Millions of dollars.

If he doesn't produce .... The number is 6

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Guys $6 Mil Guaranteed.

An extra $2 Mil in incentives to keep him hungry.

Depth signing with financial incentives to motivate him to become a starter and produce.

Whats more motivating than Millions of dollars.

If he doesn't produce .... The number is 6

Yeah but like, we should have signed someone for 1 mil instead.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cant wait for us to trade Perriman in next year for a cheaper version. 

IN about 4 years we can field a bunch of WR's what are a shell of a shell of a shell of a shell of Robby anderson for vet minimum but call it smart because we saved money. 

Russian nesting receivers? 

Gase is coaching to where Football is going....

tenor.gif.a2281320b3040ebc47ecbc5a682e5087.gif

44 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

What would your free agency period looked like?

Mine would look very similar to this one, if I had decided after a year of watching the Jets that I needed to tear down the roster and do a complete rebuild.

I'd sign a few FA journeyman OL to relatively cheap deals, in the hope I didn't get my young QB killed.

I'd sign a bunch of low tier "bodies" to one year contracts to fill all the holes I had at the end of this past season due to expired contracts.

I'd then cut or trade any veterans with big contracts that I could without taking a huge cap hit.

I'd concentrate on getting OL, CBs and WRs in the draft. Anything else can wait until next year.

What I wouldn't do, is expect fans of this team to laud these moves as anything other than what they are, which is my disdain for what I saw last year, and my attempt to blow up a horrible roster That isn't what most people on this site see however. They think he's fine tuning the Jets to be a playoff team this year. Hence my comment about "buying all the sh*t he's slinging.".

• Thumb Down 1

No matter the hypothetical, it's still a downgrade or a poor-man's version.
Furthermore, if JD really wasnt playing that game, he would have simply stepped up to the plate and signed Perriman without having to wait for Robby to sign elsewhere. 

Not a downgrade. In production or in terms of available FAs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Al2Cw2aO_reasonably_small.jpg&key=3a3c689839931010385b76459f1910cc82093cd992cfd328396f6618cf2442a0   Brian Costello   @BrianCoz · 11m   Perriman had a rough time in Baltimore and they cut him before his rookie contract was even up, but Jets director of player personnel Chad Alexander was with the Ravens for Perriman’s whole time there. Have to think Alexander has a good grasp on what the issues were. #nyj

Ground and pound offense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

What I wouldn't do, is expect fans of this team to laud these moves as anything other than what they are, which is my disdain for what I saw last year, and my attempt to blow up a horrible roster That isn't what most people on this site see however. They think he's fine tuning the Jets to be a playoff team this year. Hence my comment about "buying all the sh*t he's slinging.".

Except thats not whats happening.

You seem confused like a warfish, confused as to why fans act like fans when the trash is thrown out and replaced.  

The other half of it is you went into this with unrealistic expectations and wont allow things to unfold before judging the moves that the minority have a problem with.