Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get it, but players improve.

Devante Parker wasn't great until last year.  Some guys just take time, let's hope that is the case with Perriman as well.

That is the hope.  i'm always suspicious of 1st round busts who have a career year in their contract year.  Lateral move IMO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He started 4 games for the bucs. Had one 100 yards in 3 of those games. What's Robby's ratio of starts/100 games. 

I'll let you watch the all-22's and get back to me.

In a Bruce Arians offense with Winston throwing 432 times a game.... please. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No one is denying that, and he did a damn good job in those 5 games under Arians. 

Im saying what about the other 46 games when he wasnt playing under Arians. Better yet, what about the other 11 games while at Tampa Bay. Even if he was behind Godwin and Evans, Arians doesnt run a 2 WR set. He puts WR's on the field often. Where was Perriman throughout the season? 

This is the same stuff that I see every season. Folks take a small percentage and then want to begin extrapolating. 

The point is I think this is a good value signing with someone who is an ascending player.  He really flashed last year.  It's not that unusual for a player with a few unproductive years to gain experience and reach his potential and become a reliable starter or more.  If he doesn't the financial consequences are small since this is a modest 1 year deal.  The real question, and not necessarily related, was Robby really worth a 2 year 20 million commitment when we are going to have to pay Sam soon.  I think he was good, not great, and can be replaced through the draft and hopefully with a more well rounded passing attack which includes hopefully 2 healthy tight ends in Herndon and Griffen and an improved offensive line.  It would be nice to pay everyone, especially a home grown guy like Robby but it's not possible.  He may also have wanted to leave to be with his college coach and college QB and we would have had to pay even more than he got to keep him.  We will never know but but in my opinion both moves were reasonable.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

The point is I think this is a good value signing with someone who is an ascending player.  He really flashed last year.  It's not that unusual for a player with a few unproductive years to gain experience and reach his potential and become a reliable starter or more.  If he doesn't the financial consequences are small since this is a modest 1 year deal.  The real question, and not necessarily related, was Robby really worth a 2 year 20 million commitment when we are going to have to pay Sam soon.  I think he was good, not great, and can be replaced through the draft and hopefully with a more well rounded passing attack which includes hopefully 2 healthy tight ends in Herndon and Griffen and an improved offensive line.  It would be nice to pay everyone, especially a home grown guy like Robby but it's not possible.  He may also have wanted to leave to be with his college coach and college QB and we would have had to pay even more than he got to keep him.  We will never know but but in my opinion both moves were reasonable.

Good Points.  

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Sam didnt have Bruce Arians either. Which was my point. 

What was your point with this pointless response? 

Sam had your man Robby.  Where did that get him.  Come on.  Arians does not catch or throw the ball.  Better players who fight to make plays make more plays.  Players make the plays coaches just call them.  Maybe if Squints Winston would have wore his contacts he would have thrown for 6k yards and 60 touchdowns.  You need the players and Sam had none.

• Upvote 1

Just now, docdhc said:

The point is I think this is a good value signing with someone who is an ascending player.  He really flashed last year. 

Then folks should say this, which is acceptable. I dont think that the signing is bad in terms of depth, however we dont have a #1 and now #2 WR on the team. And as of this moment Perriman is our #1 and will probably be our #2 depending if we go WR at 11. 

The problem with that is this. We'll be relying on a rookie and a 5th year player playing on his 4th team who's started less than 20% of his games he's played in and has never been a starting WR. 

This is my problem. My problem isnt with Perriman, my problem is if this is supposed to be the replacement for our starting WR who just signed elsewhere. This is unacceptable. 

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Disagree.  I’m looking forward to the rest of the offseason and the draft before being doom and gloom ? 

I’m not being negative. I realize what Douglas is doing with these cheap one year deals.

Apparently you don’t. He saw how bad this team is, and he’s started a total rebuild. We just have to bite the bullet, hope he’s good with the draft and in two or three years, we will have a good team.

*** As for you disagreeing with my post, okay. Name me a guy on the offense who could start for a top 12 team.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Sam had your man Robby.  Where did that get him.  Come on.  Arians does not catch or throw the ball.  Better players who fight to make plays make more plays.  Players make the plays coaches just call them.  Maybe if Squints Winston would have wore his contacts he would have thrown for 6k yards and 60 touchdowns.  You need the players and Sam had none.

Then based on the stats and circumstance, Robby is clearly the better player, since he had the lesser coaches behind him, the lesser QB's/talent behind him as well. 

Robby has had Bowles and Gase as HC's. Perriman has had Harbaugh, Greg Williams and Bruce Arians, Robby had McCown, Petty, Hackenberg, Simeon, Falk and Darnold as QB's. Perriman had Flacco while still good, Baker Mayfield and Jameis Winston. Perriman had overall better talent around him on every team from OBJ, Landry, Evans, Godwin and Steve Smith out in Baltimore. 

Robby had....no one. 

You can take this nonsense and go kick rocks. Perriman has been in nothing but fantastic situations and all teams have done was move on from him. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then folks should say this, which is acceptable. I dont think that the signing is bad in terms of depth, however we dont have a #1 and now #2 WR on the team. And as of this moment Perriman is our #1 and will probably be our #2 depending if we go WR at 11. 

The problem with that is this. We'll be relying on a rookie and a 5th year player playing on his 4th team who's started less than 20% of his games he's played in and has never been a starting WR. 

This is my problem. My problem isnt with Perriman, my problem is if this is supposed to be the replacement for our starting WR who just signed elsewhere. This is unacceptable. 

The Jets have a number 2 in Crowder.  Crowder put up number 2 numbers.  We are not relying on Perriman to be a number 1.  The Jets just need him to give them what the The Jets former number 3 gave them.  The Jets never had a number 1.  They will take 2 WR's in this draft.  1 in the first round and 1 in the third.  Unless JD's favorite OT is on the board in the first they will be going WR.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

The Jets have a number 2 in Crowder.  Crowder put up number 2 numbers.  We are not relying on Perriman to be a number 1.  The Jets just need him to give them what the The Jets former number 3 gave them.  The Jets never had a number 1.  They will take 2 WR's in this draft.  1 in the first round and 1 in the third.  Unless JD's favorite OT is on the board in the first they will be going WR.

Lets not be simple. We're talking about starting wideouts. Nots slot guys who run sticks and crossers. 

My man couldn’t do anything in a downfield vertical offense with his speed and pedigree, but he’s supposed to come to Adam Gase’s dink and stupid offense and be a baller? Ok Jets fans, I c u!!!

We replaced one deep threat for another for half the guaranteed money. Net win.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then based on the stats and circumstance, Robby is clearly the better player, since he had the lesser coaches behind him, the lesser QB's/talent behind him as well. 

Robby has had Bowles and Gase as HC's. Perriman has had Harbaugh, Greg Williams and Bruce Arians, Robby had McCown, Petty, Hackenberg, Simeon, Falk and Darnold as QB's. Perriman had Flacco while still good, Baker Mayfield and Jameis Winston. He's had overall better talent around him on every team. From OBJ, Landry, Evans, Godwin and Steve Smith out in Baltimore. 

Robby had....no one. 

You can take this nonsense and go kick rocks. Perriman has been in nothing but fantastic situations and all teams have done was move on from him. 

Great players play great even with garbage coaches.  Robby is not a great player.  Also not the best person off the field either, from what we have seen.  I hope Robby does well,  I just do not see it.  We will agree to disagree.

What I love most about Robby leaving is how butt hurt some of this fan base is.

I liked Robby but saw him as a WR 2/3 with a limited ceiling and thought that was generous. Due to mismanagement was forced into a larger role than was appropriate. 

Robby really had some fanboys damn.... You're pain is delicious ... You're tears hilarious. You're whining music to my ears. 

Yesterday I would have been happy if we signed him for 8-9 mil with incentives to get him to 11 on a 1 year prove it deal.

In hindsight, I much rather have him leave and witness the anguish of his groupies.

Yeah, in the big picture, none of this really matters. Anderson was the best player on a terrible offense. He was the equivalent of a one eyed man in the land of the blind.
Look at this offensive roster the Jets have. We don’t have one player who would start for any of the top twelve teams in the NFL. Not a single one.
You could probably say the top 20.
That is pitiful.
We are looking at a very long season in 2020.

And somehow this is all the current regime’s fault.