Jets Sign Perriman

SR24

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

He did have two of his better games in weeks 16,17 when both Godwin and Evans were out, that's true.

Yeah look I’m not naive I don’t think he is ever gonna do that on a consistent basis but neither did Robby.  If I had a choice would I pick Robby?  Yes I would but I don’t think it’s a big drop off.  I mean the Jets did offer him a pretty good deal so there was nothing they could do except maybe overpay for him to stay.  Look this is not a 1 year process.  This is gonna take another good offseason at least.  The good news is the draft is loaded with receivers and JD isn’t making the same mistakes Macc made.  Gotta give it a chance 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I think Perriman & say Tajae Sharpe for cumulatively about the same money that RA got would be an upgrade. 

Sharpe or Demarcus Robinson would be a nice combo to add pre-draft

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

4.25 40 time not good enough?

Perriman is a physical specimen with elite measurables, which says a lot about something else

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see him on  the verge of stardom.  But neither was Robby Anderson on the verge of that either.  We're talking about replacing a borderline WR2/WR3 with a cheaper WR3/4. 

19 pages of tears are unnecessary for a move like that.  

Haven't read all 19 pages, haven't seen anything that qualifies as "tears," just a lot of people giving their opinions on this move. Some like/some don't. That's football.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

My grandma could get open with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin taking double teams every play.

Except they would also be the first options cutting down on your numbers/

And then of course he did put up his numbers with them out of the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Panthers paid $1.20 for a can of Coke.  The Jets bought a can of Pepsi for $0.80.  May not seem like a lot but when you have a $200 food budget a lot of these decisions (Poole for $5M, Desir for $5.5M, Lewis for $6M, Jenkins for $5M) all start to add up.....and they will let us afford some nice filet mignon when the time is right.

Made this because of your comment haha

IMG_20200325_094420_093.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

It's 2 years at $20 with $12 guaranteed. Thus is $10/year, not $12. We downgraded from Robby to Perriman for $2M lousy dollars (and only have Perriman for a year so even if Jet fans' wildest dreams come true he's gonna want a huge raise in 2021). This was not a very good move.

faulty logic.  Anderson wanted more from the Jets (probably a lot more) than he was willing to take from Carolina and Rhule.  You are assuming the Jets offer wasn't as high as the Panthers.  I'll bet it was in the same range or even a bit more.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I never said passing on Robby is a mistake. I literally don’t have a single pro-Robby post to my name. I can’t believe that you are now the third poster in less than an hour to bring Robby up as if this is all sour grapes for passing on him.

This is a bad signing, full stop.

The guy’s career high for yards and TDs in a season are 645 and 6, and over 50% of both came in 3 meaningless shootouts to end his 4th season full season as a pro. A season, by the way, in which he played with a QB who led the league in yards and TDs and playing for a coach who has always employed a downfield passing attack. This former 1st rounder with 3 years experience couldn’t beat out a younger 3rd rounder for playing time in that offense, and had worse stats than Stephen Hill in 20 more games until the final 5 games of last year, but he’s supposed to be a good deep threat? 

And regarding the second chance/time to blossom: the Jets will be his 4th team in 5 years. At this point, the jig is up. And given what I’ve seen from this franchise since we lucked into Darnold, I’m not willing to give an inch. I don’t care that he’s only here to fill out the roster; don’t give him $6m guaranteed then. Go find a scrub to give $1m to fill out the roster and then draft your WR. 

@Jets723 any reason for your reaction on this post, or did you just look up my last post to buttfumble simply to ‘get me back’?

I’d be curious to know what‘s so buttfumblish about not wanting a sh*tty player on my team and it having nothing to do with Robby.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes I am wondering what his downfall has been and have speculated that it could be issues with learning the playbook or something like that. Unfortunately I don't expect our crack reporters to dig in to that.

He was renowned for just awful drops in Baltimore. Kind of stopped following him in CLE and TB, so not sure what his issue is.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

faulty logic.  Anderson wanted more from the Jets (probably a lot more) than he was willing to take from Carolina and Rhule.  You are assuming the Jets offer wasn't as high as the Panthers.  I'll bet it was in the same range or even a bit more.

Seems everyone is making assumptions right now. That's what happens in the absence of facts. 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I only looked at his last 2 years on fox stats (linked earleir) but he had 0 drops combined. So maybe a thing he's figured out?

Knowing Jets luck he will become a beast next year and demand $20M/year going forward and walk.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

The buttfumble reaction icon. My greatest (only?) contribution to society.

When I do it I do it mostly as a joke.  It’s not a big deal.  Although I’d rather just talk it out if there is a disagreement over a statement 

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see him on  the verge of stardom.  But neither was Robby Anderson on the verge of that either.  We're talking about replacing a borderline WR2/WR3 with a cheaper WR3/4. 

19 pages of tears are unnecessary for a move like that.  

Pretty bold statement from someone who's produced 100x that amount of content on Mike Maccagnan, alone. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Pretty bold statement from someone who's produced 100x that amount of content on Mike Maccagnan, alone. 

Mike Maccagnan had 5 consecutive awful offseasons in a row, and there are still people who think he did an OK job.  Not exactly a comparable situation to this one, eh?

Are you bitter about me posting a lot about Mike Maccagnan or something?  

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Haven't read all 19 pages, haven't seen anything that qualifies as "tears," 

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm official COLD on Joe Douglas.

Fcking bush league. 

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Perriman is literally a meme for terrible hands. This is a terrible move.

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I like Perriman but he’s so far a one year wonder who was left on an island last seasonbecause defenses were focused on Evans and Godwin

UGH FML

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because downgrading was the better choice. 

I guess this is why bad teams stay bad. 

13 hours ago, Kevin L said:

PeRrimAN WaS GooD FoR 5 GameEZ So HeZ BetTeR aNd StUFf.

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Another very ho hum signing of an average player. Does Joe Douglas understand that there are other players out there besides what's on the bargain rack?

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Trash.

Sounds like tears to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1