One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's why they've literally refused to make me a top 10 list of NFL players who've ever been selected to two pro bowls and two all pros (including a First-team) within only their first 3 years...

And that's because they know he'll only be surrounded by Hall of Fame greats. 

And that wouldn't fit there agenda as they've screamed

"box safety"

"Non impact position".

"Not worth Woody's $$$$"

so instead of creating me a top 10 list they've hid like the cowards they are and have ran away from my top 10 demands of a list in order to prove me wrong.

Because they can't. 

Yours right about HOF pace after only 3 years and his 1st 3 years absolutely smokes the first 4 years of Troy Polamalu (outside of 1 category INT) within every and every category known to mankind (regarding on field statistical production). 

1 ____

2 ____

3 ____

4 ____

5 ____

6 ____

7 ____

8 ____

9 ____

10 ___

Prove me wrong. 

Prove he's a box safety. 

Prove he's not an impact player. 

Post your 10 players w/ 2 pro bowls and 2 all pros only 3 years in...

You can't so shhhhhhhhhhh with questioning my knowledge.

Who cares? What a stupid cherry picked criteria.

Adams is a top safeyy because there isn't much talent at SS in the NFL, at the moment. Derwin James was hurt last year and he blows away Adams in terms of athleticism and game-changing plays. In his rookie year he was critical in stopping Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. Same Lamar that just won the MVP.

Jamal wins most of these awards because he has little competition. He is a good player but compare him to Eric Berry, and it's not even close.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Come on stop, this will turn into one of those where SAR blamed Moore for the buttfumble.  

The penalty was a bullshlt call.

The 4th down stuff in the redzone, if Q was in on it they both shared the play.  Jumping up to celebrate after making a huge 4th down stop isnt posing, its celebrating.  Fans forget its a game.

But how about we give the guy credit for the plays he makes?  He makes plays and fans here complain that he wasn't blocked when he beats a block, he gets sacks and one expert complains he only gets sacks because Williams sends him, it gets pretty dumb sometimes.

I love Adams, he’s underrated by the haters on this site. My issue with Adams is value. He’s a great tackler but for the prospective price you have hope for Ints, because this team will be better once we get a pass rush without sending our Safety. If we were close to having a decent offense I’d love to keep Adams, right now he could be the reason we create a good offense. 

Anyone watching ESPN2's rebroadcast of the 2017 draft which is on now. 

Browns on the clock.  Jon Gruden is one of the analysts.  He just made the case for Browns to take Adams with the #1 overall pick instead of Garrett. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So I’m predicting we’ll start getting the LaCanfora “I’m hearing...” tweets around 5:30p tomorrow and the trade will be announced around 7:30-8p. It’ll come down to the Cowboys and Browns, I think. Gonna be glorious. Bought a sixer of Troegenator for the occasion. 

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. There aren’t enough dumb teams that will pay enough in trade comp for JD to agree on a trade. Would you make this trade if you were another team? I wouldn’t. 

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Browns on the clock.  Jon Gruden is one of the analysts.  He just made the case for Browns to take Adams with the #1 overall pick instead of Garrett. 

#12 and #80 would be pretty, pretty nice.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. There aren’t enough dumb teams that will pay enough in trade comp for JD to agree on a trade. Would you make this trade if you were another team? I wouldn’t. 

I’m very smart though. Prudent

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I love Adams, he’s underrated by the haters on this site. My issue with Adams is value. He’s a great tackler but for the prospective price you have hope for Ints, because this team will be better once we get a pass rush without sending our Safety. If we were close to having a decent offense I’d love to keep Adams, right now he could be the reason we create a good offense. 

Thats fine, just saying we're, some, are too quick to take credit away from him, discredit what he brings to the table. Hes a 3 year player who has gotten better every year and now is pretty much at the top of his position.  After 3 seasons.  Other than Sam no player is or should be immune to trade talk.  IMO the haul from an Adams trade has to be big, more than the 17th and 50somethingth because hes that good though.  

39 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Same but I don’t think there are enough teams that would make this trade. It only takes 1 dumb GM but I just don’t see it. Sorry. We can dream. 

All it’s gonna take is one headline-chasing goober who deduces that Jamal Adams is better than Xavier McKinney.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Boom. 

Head shot. 

He was considered #1 coming out too #1 pick worthy. 

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

I loved him since day one. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Boom. 

Head shot. 

He was considered #1 coming out too #1 pick worthy. 

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

I loved him since day one. 

Any dipsh*t who would potentially draft a safety with the #1 overall pick doesn’t even deserve to be looked in the eyes by a rational person.

Myles Garett is a jackass, but an extremely talented jackass who happens to play a premium position and is a major threat to make your QB eat turf pellets on 80% of his drop backs.

Jamal Adams is a loudmouth douchebag who has a fraction of the impact on the field compared to a premier edgerusher like Garrett, plays a minimized position that is only more important than P and FB these days, and is looking to make $17+ million a year with another 2 years left on his rookie contract.

You sound like a 12 year old kid with your incessant defending of this guy.

The Jets are entering a pivotal year in Sam Darnold’s career yet goofs like yourself seem to be more concerned with placating Jamal Adams. Who has about 1 f*cking 50th the importance to the Jets franchise moving forward.

Just mind numbingly stupid.

EDIT: Oh, and it’s a f*cking LSU fanboy article written by the one and only DWC himself.

Good god, mooks like PatsfanTX and RayRay were infinitely more tolerable than you.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

You guys win. I quit. I tap out. 

I'm done talking Jamal Adams moving forward thnx you it's been fun having me dig deeper into his numbers however I'll just simply remain to be quiet and politely return after our draft (6 rounds later) to celebrate another up coming NFL impact super star performer that we've just alongside of both Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams. Hey. Jerry Jones can afford Aikman-Michael-Emmitt-Darren and Prescott, Zeke, O-Line, Jamal Adams but I can't enjoy Sam and Jamal? Na. 

because if I'm Joe Douglas I've got a defense to rely on, franchise quarterback to build my offense around and plenty draft picks to revamp my WR & O-Line(s) and could go all 6 rounds offense and know I've got Jamal and Gase leading a bunch of dogs on my Defense 2020 good luck Hoyer and Tua etc. 

My last pictures before leaving this thread focusing on pick 11 and later rounds no disrespect moderators I respect you all i look around no more JI etc you guys keep this place running smoothly thnx you and im checking myself out (Quinnen Williams style).

usatsi_13766913-e1575931224823.jpg.3c5cb401da5e5f020889cbe0cfab05d2.jpg

Jamal-Adams-Sam-Darnold.thumb.jpg.e1340b91da0cec6f7ed7d9e56a0dcf6f.jpg

1762413381_images(2).jpeg.a6de8dddecc7d107f0a73867ba3b40c0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm done talking Jamal Adams moving forward thnx you it's been fun having me dig deeper into his numbers however I'll just simply remain to be quiet and politely return after our draft (6 rounds later) to celebrate another up coming NFL impact super star performer that we've just alongside of both Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams. Hey. Jerry Jones can afford Aikman-Michael-Emmitt-Darren and Prescott, Zeke, O-Line, Jamal Adams but I can't enjoy Sam and Jamal? Na. 

because if I'm Joe Douglas I've got a defense to rely on, franchise quarterback to build my offense around and plenty draft picks to revamp my WR & O-Line(s) and could go all 6 rounds offense and know I've got Jamal and Gase leading a bunch of dogs on my Defense 2020 good luck Hoyer and Tua etc. 

My last pictures before leaving this thread focusing on pick 11 and later rounds no disrespect moderators I respect you all i look around no more JI etc you guys keep this place running smoothly thnx you and im checking myself out (Quinnen Williams style).

Bullsh*t

You’d never impart that kind of mercy on us.

You’ll have another one of these “You can’t trade 2x pro-bowler, all-pro safety, certified DOG Jamal Adams!” threads followed by copious amounts of pics, gifs and YouTube vids by 2 PM tomorrow.

You just can’t help yourself 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

He can ask for whatever he wants , he isn’t getting 20 mill a year anywhere so it doesn’t matter.  You guys love throwing out unrealistic  hypothetical contract demands to try help your arguments. And FYI highest paid jets still wouldn’t make him a 20 mill a yr player. 

19m big diff

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

cohen baron GIF

By getting yourself arrested in a unimaginably stupid way??

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

06FB71B0-2E43-486F-97A3-CCB07DE77B9F.jpeg

manish is using his sources that stuff can be hit or miss . Jerry Jones is the source and even more important he just lost a top 5 CB in league cause he couldn’t afford him . He is gonna pay Jamal 15-17 mill.. When Dak still doesn’t have a long term deal?  Jones could of easily dropped the whole “We are looking into all options” line . Instead he tells them it Unlikley they trade for Jamal .

that isn’t to say Jamal won’t be traded I just don’t think it’s the cowboys . 

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

manish is using his sources that stuff can be hit or miss . Jerry Jones is the source and even more important he just lost a top 5 CB in league cause he couldn’t afford him . He is gonna pay Jamal 15-17 mill.. When Dak still doesn’t have a long term deal?  Jones could of easily dropped the whole “We are looking into all options” line . Instead he tells them it Unlikley they trade for Jamal .

that isn’t to say Jamal won’t be traded I just don’t think it’s the cowboys . 

(Sometimes NFL executives lie when it suits their ends)

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Can’t lie when you have no money . Not even Jerry Jones can change the cap

They can re-sign Prescott and still trade for Adams. They’re at $10 mil in cap space right now with Prescott’s full $31 mil loaded onto it, which won’t be the number when he signs a long-term deal. They’ll have Travis Frederick’s money next year, too. Money isn’t the issue there.

• Upvote 1

An issue which I have not seen mentioned much around a potential Adams extension this offseason is impact of Covid-19 on next year's cap.  Why would we consider extending him now, when he still has a year left on his contract, plus he is under team control with the 5th year option.  There is so much uncertainty right now around the 2020 season.  May not be any ticket or gameday stadium revenue this season.  I don't think we can just assume that the cap will go up from $200M next season.  It could stay the same, or even drop if revenue is down.

Before signing anyone to a major extension, lets see how this season plays out, what team revenues are and what the 2021 cap is likely to look like.  If we get blown away by a trade offer, fine.  If not, keep Adams, let him play another season under his rookie deal and look to extend him next season, whcih I still think is the most likely outcome.  

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok cool. I'll just go back to TGG (where I've been for many of years now) I just appreciate and enjoy the traffic and passion here. 

But yes. Consider me warned; I'll begin to post with only one line fillers full of absolutely nothingness with no effort, insight, knowledge or quality; since I guess that's what you're encouraging these days. 

Damn. This place has changed a lot from the crazed sports talk I remember from 2006-2011 days but thanks for the warning. 

K. 

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bro, how many ******* GB does your phone have?