One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

37 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

We a really about to pay 20m to a safety who has 2 years left on his contract, only the jets.

Christ I hope not maybe 12-14 per year and that is high in my opinion.  That is if we keep him... I rather trade him for picks... enough drama.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adams will laugh at $14M per.

We’ll either have a good roster built by the time we lost control over him and can let him walk for a comp pick or it won’t matter at all because we have another sh*t GM and still a sh*tty roster. 

If he’s not going to command a good return trade value wise (like no team being stupid enough to trade premium assets for him), keep him and the headaches that he causes while having a really good SS. Then go separate ways and collect the comp pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

If you can’t start trimming down these novellas of yours, my current plan is to ban you ten minutes before the draft. 

Well, if you can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bull****. 

Ok cool. I'll just go back to TGG (where I've been for many of years now) I just appreciate and enjoy the traffic and passion here. 

But yes. Consider me warned; I'll begin to post with only one line fillers full of absolutely nothingness with no effort, insight, knowledge or quality; since I guess that's what you're encouraging these days. 

Damn. This place has changed a lot from the crazed sports talk I remember from 2006-2011 days but thanks for the warning. 

• Sympathy 2

PS Robby just got signed and guaranteed $12M first year so if you believe a #2 WR is worth almost the same as an All-Pro you're more naive than I could've ever imagined. 

If it's not at least $17M per year Adams laugh's at you. 

PS it's now 2020 and not 2000 anymore and 20 years later the salary cap is now set @ $198,200,000 and not $62,172,000.

I can tell you guys aren't a bunch of salary cap geniuses while talking about player value as if we're still stuck in 2000 @ 62M. 

As if Woody is not allowed to share...

Funny. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

PS Robby just got signed and guaranteed $12M first year so if you believe a #2 WR is worth almost the same as an All-Pro you're more naive than I could've ever imagined. 

PS it's now 2020 and not 2000 anymore and 20 years later the salary cap is now set @ $198,200,000 and not $62,172,000.

I can tell you guys aren't a bunch of salary cap geniuses while talking about player value as if we're still stuck in 2000 @ 62M. 

Funny. 

This is more than one line.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Funny. 

See, this is a better post. We don’t need the entire Wikipedia with every random thought. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Who said he wants to be just the highest paid safety? He can ask for the highest paid jet.

He can ask for whatever he wants , he isn’t getting 20 mill a year anywhere so it doesn’t matter.  You guys love throwing out unrealistic  hypothetical contract demands to try help your arguments. And FYI highest paid jets still wouldn’t make him a 20 mill a yr player. 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He can ask for whatever he wants , he isn’t getting 20 mill a year anywhere so it doesn’t matter.  You guys love the unrealistic  hypothetical contract demands. And FYI highest paid jets still wouldn’t make him a 20 mill a yr player. 

He'll want $18-20M per, putting him on par with some of the highest paid defenders in the game.  He'll "settle" for $17M per, putting him about on par with what Mosley gets.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

As unenthusiastic as the majority of us are about a safety, he’s on a HOF level trajectory... This fanbase deserves nice things

No, he's not.  

And I love Safeties....When they cause turnovers and actually impact the game.  Reed and Polamalu were extremely entertaining and dominant athletes.  They were fun to watch (except when destroying the Jets) and won titles.  Sean Taylor may well have been the best of the bunch had tragedy not struck.  Earl Thomas was a step below these guys but had a fantastic career.

Adams is not on that level.  He's an ILB in a Safety's body.  Still a solid player.  Not a dominant force.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he's not.  

And I love Safeties....When they cause turnovers and actually impact the game.  Reed and Polamalu were extremely entertaining and dominant athletes.  They were fun to watch (except when destroying the Jets) and won titles.  Sean Taylor may well have been the best of the bunch had tragedy not struck.  Earl Thomas was a step below these guys but had a fantastic career.

Adams is not on that level.  He's an ILB in a Safety's body.  Still a solid player.  Not a dominant force.

I love Jamal Adams as a player but the only game where he moved the needle was the game against the Giants. If we get a pass rusher, Adams will have to change his game and that will be revealing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

I love Jamal Adams as a player but the only game where he moved the needle was the game against the Giants. If we get a pass rusher, Adams will have to change his game and that will be revealing. 

Even more revealing?  Mosley's return, where if he's even 80 % healthy, he'll prove to be the best player on the defense by far.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He'll want $18-20M per, putting him on par with some of the highest paid defenders in the game.  He'll "settle" for $17M per, putting him about on par with what Mosley gets.

Nothing about what I have seen from douglas so far tells me he touches 17 . I think 16 mill but we will see. What I do know jamal isn’t getting 20mill per a year . 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even more revealing?  Mosley's return, where if he's even 80 % healthy, he'll prove to be the best player on the defense by far.  

I think we see 2 different things when it comes to Jamal. I think he’s really good in coverage. You think he’s a liability. All the stats are in my favor but I concede that I don’t know how much usage has affected his rating. More coverage reps, more stats, more truth.

57 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok cool. I'll just go back to TGG (where I've been for many of years now) I just appreciate and enjoy the traffic and passion here. 

But yes. Consider me warned; I'll begin to post with only one line fillers full of absolutely nothingness with no effort, insight, knowledge or quality; since I guess that's what you're encouraging these days. 

Damn. This place has changed a lot from the crazed sports talk I remember from 2006-2011 days but thanks for the warning. 

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Guessing you didn't catch the Cowboy game?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, 80%.

Believable though given those dreams you have of Adams not being able to cover anyone, all those plays hes been beat while playing that imagined box safety position on every snap you cry about

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

As unenthusiastic as the majority of us are about a safety, he’s on a HOF level trajectory... This fanbase deserves nice things

That's why they've literally refused to make me a top 10 list of NFL players who've ever been selected to two pro bowls and two all pros (including a First-team) within only their first 3 years...

And that's because they know he'll only be surrounded by Hall of Fame greats. 

And that wouldn't fit there agenda as they've screamed

"box safety"

"Non impact position".

"Not worth Woody's $$$$"

so instead of creating me a top 10 list they've hid like the cowards they are and have ran away from my top 10 demands of a list in order to prove me wrong.

Because they can't. 

Yours right about HOF pace after only 3 years and his 1st 3 years absolutely smokes the first 4 years of Troy Polamalu (outside of 1 category INT) within every and every category known to mankind (regarding on field statistical production). 

1 ____

2 ____

3 ____

4 ____

5 ____

6 ____

7 ____

8 ____

9 ____

10 ___

Prove me wrong. 

Prove he's a box safety. 

Prove he's not an impact player. 

Post your 10 players w/ 2 pro bowls and 2 all pros only 3 years in...

You can't so shhhhhhhhhhh with questioning my knowledge.

34 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The unblocked blitz?

Unblocked?

Which key play from that game that he made was it?  The scoring stop or the big stuff on 4th down?

Come on, do we have to search for excuses on plays we all saw? 

34 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The unblocked blitz?

Hey genius he was unblocked because of his explosiveness with speed, quickness and QB pressure ability is elite greatness (#1 QB pressure of any DB All-Time). 

Was he "unblocked" while looking like LAWRENCE TAYLOR as he physically abused and DOMINATED a super strong Saquon Barkley while commiting a felony grand theft against NYG's new Franchise QB in Daniel Jones?

The same Jet fans that have complained and cried about no pass rush of ANY KIND dating back to 2000-2005 John Abraham are the same blind and clueless ones looking to trade him despite...

Jamal-Adams-1024x575.thumb.png.cdfa00598d5dc2f397b4a691768c46cd.png

DuS8cDxWwAAWAUu.thumb.jpg.b3859c324f91ccba4c79e3d34a5fe99b.jpg

D-RZwCKWkAI0ILT.thumb.jpg.860187f528d5a58aad9190486847a15d.jpg

Cluelessness @ it's finest. 

These videos above (both of them) and these numbers above due to lie. When asked to rush the Quarterback he's a monster PASS RUSHER with way more athletism than your normal OLB (these guys are, idiots). 

PS: His QB hits,  QB sacks, QB pressures and QB hurries rank #1 all time of any NFL DB ever. His TFL LOS average per year is #1 amongst all DB players ever and higher than most elite OLB's.

He's better in coverage than "JUST" OLBs or DEs too. 

First All-Pro first team Jet since #24 of his prime. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Unblocked?

Which key play from that game that he made was it?  The scoring stop, the 4th down stop

Come on, do we have to search for excuses on plays we all saw? 

The penalty that got the Cowboys out of 1st and 27? The fourth down stop was all Quinnen Williams, Jamal Adams just got up posing and got credit for it. The big play everyone mentions is that unblocked blitz call, which is a genius play call by Gregg Williams more than anything else. 

I’m not one to detract from Jamal Adams as a player but let’s not overvalue called blitzes as the same as turnovers. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The penalty that got the Cowboys out of 1st and 27? The fourth down stop was all Quinnen Williams, Jamal Adams just got up posing and got credit for it. The big play everyone mentions is that unblocked blitz call, which is a genius play call by Gregg Williams more than anything else. 

I’m not one to detract from Jamal Adams as a player but let’s not overvalue called blitzes as the same as turnovers. 

Come on stop, this will turn into one of those where SAR blamed Moore for the buttfumble.  

The penalty was a bullshlt call.

The 4th down stuff in the redzone, if Q was in on it they both shared the play.  Jumping up to celebrate after making a huge 4th down stop isnt posing, its celebrating.  Fans forget its a game.

But how about we give the guy credit for the plays he makes?  He makes plays and fans here complain that he wasn't blocked when he beats a block, he gets sacks and one expert complains he only gets sacks because Williams sends him, it gets pretty dumb sometimes.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey genius he was unblocked because of his explosiveness with speed, quickness and QB pressure ability is elite greatness (#1 QB pressure of any DB All-Time). 

Was he "unblocked" while looking like LAWRENCE TAYLOR as he physically abused and DOMINATED a super strong Saquon Barkley while commiting a felony grand theft against NYG's new Franchise QB in Daniel Jones?

The same Jet fans that have complained and cried about no pass rush of ANY KIND dating back to 2000-2005 John Abraham are the same blind and clueless ones looking to trade him despite...

Jamal-Adams-1024x575.thumb.png.cdfa00598d5dc2f397b4a691768c46cd.png

DuS8cDxWwAAWAUu.thumb.jpg.b3859c324f91ccba4c79e3d34a5fe99b.jpg

D-RZwCKWkAI0ILT.thumb.jpg.860187f528d5a58aad9190486847a15d.jpg

Cluelessness @ it's finest. 

These videos above (both of them) and these numbers above due to lie. When asked to rush the Quarterback he's a monster PASS RUSHER with way more athletism than your normal OLB (these guys are, idiots). 

PS: His QB hits,  QB sacks, QB pressures and QB hurries rank #1 all time of any NFL DB ever. His TFL LOS average per year is #1 amongst all DB players ever and higher than most elite OLB's.

He's better in coverage than "JUST" OLBs or DEs too. 

First All-Pro first team Jet since #24 of his prime. 

Context.  You countered my untouched blitzed claim by showing me the untouched blitz? I know the play, it was an awesome play call. The worst thing is that I have to rail against a player I really like because you lack the ability to understand context. Adams dominated Saquon but that’s illustrates why his numbers are skewed. He’s going full speed at running backs because he’s schemed open, he is a great tackler and finishes better than any DB ever but that affects his value.