One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

53 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The most interesting part is the timing. This didn’t need to be leaked until after the draft. Jamal is trying to get traded or the Jets are shopping Jamal.

Yeah, pure crystal bal fantasyl at work here.  The made up trade talk & the made up holdout talk by bloggers leads to conclusions off of a rumor that Adams, like we all assume many will do has a different connotation to those who want to trade Jamal. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

There is always the option to tell him to pound sand, but I don’t know if that’s practical for anyone. Jamal is clearly set to get loud about this (because he’s loud about everything) and it’ll get embarrassing for everyone involved, especially in the current climate. Why go through all that for 61 tackles and a garbage time INT? 

Because he’s a top player.  Otherwise no one would give a damn 

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What about when Tom Brady skipped his voluntary workouts? 

"it's not uncommon for veterans to either rest or train elsewhere during voluntary workouts. Being that they're voluntary workouts, Brady also isn't required to be there in the first place". 

Mods should lock this horse crap thread. As there's absolutely nothing to talk about. 

Wake me up once he pulls himself a #24 and actually holds out for a bigger contract. 

Night and day with the current situation. He doesn't have to travel anywhere for a virtual meeting except maybe from his living room to his office. To announce that you're not going to log into a conference call is clearly an attempt to push your case for a new deal. A pretty weak one, but that's what it is. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not the fact that it’s a stupid virtual camp or whatever it is. It’s the fact that Jamal’s agent went to Schefter to declare that Jamal isn’t showing up anywhere without a new contract. Douglas has to either extend him or trade him this offseason. Anyone who thought otherwise @Defense Wins Championships @Jet Nut) is mother****ing clown shoes.

I would think that your dream sequence would actually include the part where Jamal actually says he’s not joining in because he wants a new deal.  Until then your clown shoes are too tight

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Sitting out the OS program isn't really a big deal.  

Having your reps leak to the media few days before the draft that you plan on sitting after having friends leak that you'd love to play in Dallas?  That is.

Gave up and illusions of being a leader with his in-season tantrum over trade talks and these antics aren't going to go over well with Gase.

I'd say there's about a 20% chance of Adams returning.

And Bill Gates invented the Coronavirus to take control of the world healthcare system. C'mon man.

Voluntary OTA's? 

Well Jamal Adams (a good kid) volunteered for this too (and didn't have to)...

No threads on these below?

Well don't worry.

I will create a new thread to show a light in 20 mins. 

What?

No thread's created in order to paint a positive image consisting of all of his volunteering he's done without having to?

Don't worry #33. DWC gots your back.

I'm going to create a thread about it

(in 20 mins)

"Jamal Adams Volunteering" 

Will be the thread Title.

And it'll feature another 10 videos (including the ones above). 

There is always the option to tell him to pound sand, but I don’t know if that’s practical for anyone. Jamal is clearly set to get loud about this (because he’s loud about everything) and it’ll get embarrassing for everyone involved, especially in the current climate. Why go through all that for 61 tackles and a garbage time INT? 

Hey I am all about trading him. He isnt as good as everyone thinks. He blows coverages all the time and never gets picks. But the leverage isnt on his side right now. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he’s a top player.  Otherwise no one would give a damn 

Ahhhhhhh take me back to the halcyon days when Jamal Adams had two years left on his contract and was going to show up because he’s such a team guy and anyone who thought otherwise was insane. Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

• Haha 2

It isn't the fact that he is not participating in an optional virtual activity. It ins't that he has shown thin skin. It isn't the fact that he compared himself to Brady (Key phrase for I want top dollar and then some). It isn't a single thing, but a combination thereof. Jamal is about Jamal and way too much for me to consider him the ultimate team guy. Reminds me of Revis, but less important to the team. At this point, I would welcome a trade. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would think that your dream sequence would actually include the part where Jamal actually says he’s not joining in because he wants a new deal.  Until then your clown shoes are too tight

Maybe he’s not joining in because he has spotty WiFi and is really embarrassed about it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

And Bill Gates invented the Coronavirus to take control of the world healthcare system. C'mon man.

Okay, you're talking about conspiracy theories and I made a list of things that have actually happened.  Pretty big difference.

Also, Gates has the vaccine and is going to be set it up so that it can be administered via the cloud for 51% of all of your net worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ahhhhhhh take me back to the halcyon days when Jamal Adams had two years left on his contract and was going to show up because he’s such a team guy and anyone who thought otherwise was insane. Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

This isn’t about showing up somewhere to workout and do drills and walk arounds . 

And it’s voluntary.  When a player hold out of mandatory workouts get back to me, then I’ll care.   Until then the handful of haters will turn nothing into something 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Voluntary OTA's? 

Well don't worry.

What?

No thread's created in order to paint a positive image consisting of all of his volunteering he's done without having to?

(in 20 mins)

I’m usually on your side but this doesn’t make sense.  If he can do these voluntary events, why not do one where you just sit on your couch and listen to a coach talk and not make your fan base go nuts?

This is going to be a HUGE deal that won't go away.  Why???
Because there are no sports to report on, therefore EVERYONE
who is sidelined will be commenting on it.  If Adams wanted
center stage he's going to get it 

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Hey I am all about trading him. He isnt as good as everyone thinks. He blows coverages all the time and never gets picks. But the leverage isnt on his side right now. Not even close.

Agreed that he doesn’t have contractual leverage. As I’ve said for the past six months, the only leverage is to kick and scream about a contract and hold out and try to embarrass Douglas into giving him free money. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If it's from the Jets camp, immediately Adams would come forward and say, "what are you talking about, of course I'll be there."  

Not necessarily.   He may have informed the jets he is not planning to show up unless they talk contract.   The jets maybe made it public.  Again, likely Adams' camp, but it is a possibility.

I’m usually on your side but this doesn’t make sense.  If he can do these voluntary events, why not do one where you just sit on your couch and listen to a coach talk and not make your fan base go nuts?

I mean thats pretty much what I do everyday for work since this pandemic began.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This isn’t about showing up somewhere to workout and do drills and walk arounds . 

And it’s voluntary.  When a player hold out of mandatory workouts get back to me, then I’ll care.   Until then the handful of haters will turn nothing into something 

ok see you then

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Voluntary OTA's? 

Well don't worry.

What?

(in 20 mins)

1) No one wants a thread with too many words and no substance 

2) Everyone has discussed those posts in the past. Those posts have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Part of the new cba is that any player who misses training camp automatically belongs to the the team for a sixth year. Al the leverage is in the Jets corner on this one. I am all about trading someone for the right value - but honestly the 17th pick is too low. The first round WRs are just as good as the third rounders in this draft. If I am the Jets I draft a safety in the third round and get ready to bench Adams if he wants to be a malcontent.

Had to look this up, it sounds like Jamal would lose an accrued season towards FA if he holds out. It wouldn't really mean anything though because you only need 3 seasons to qualify for FA, Jamal already has that.

It would be interesting if the contracted tolled instead and we owned his rights for the next 4 years.

Agreed that he doesn’t have contractual leverage. As I’ve said for the past six months, the only leverage is to kick and scream about a contract and hold out and try to embarrass Douglas into giving him free money. 

Yeah dude but the 17th pick sucks. These WRs are suspect at best. We will get one more good year out of him and be able to get more next year.

Just now, Dinamite said:

Not necessarily.   He may have informed the jets he is not planning to show up unless they talk contract.   The jets maybe made it public.  Again, likely Adams' camp, but it is a possibility.

If the Jets leaked this, it was for the purpose of saying Jamal is on the block

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Imagine having #11 and #17

Andrew Thomas and Jefferson/Mims sounds pretty damn sweet right about now.

If we got a 1 and a 3 for Jamal we could flip those picks to SF who have 13,31 and then no picks until the 5th round. Trade them 17 and 79 for 13. Gives us 11,13,48,68,82. I could live with trading Jamal if it means we leave round 1 with Lamb and Thomas ??‍♂️

Let’s say the Jets trade Adams to Dallas and walk away from the first 3 rounds with these 6 guys added to the team:

OT Andrew Thomas

WR Denzel Mims

CB Damon Arnette 

EDGE Jonathan Greenard

OT Matthew Peart

RB Cam Akers

You’re telling me that you wouldn’t sign up for that right now?

I sure as sh*t would. Then go sign someone like Clayton Geathers to play the Jamal Adams role and give you 3/4 of the production at 1/6 of the price.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, it’d wouldn’t have been a big deal if he didn’t show up. The big deal is why is this leaked through the most credible guy right before the draft. It didn’t have to be announced until right before or during the voluntary meetings. It came out now for a reason.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, KRL said:

This is going to be a HUGE deal that won't go away.  Why???
Because there are no sports to report on, therefore EVERYONE
who is sidelined will be commenting on it.  If Adams wanted
center stage he's going to get it 

Yeah except ESPN & NFLN aren’t even talking about this, never mind making it a HUGE deal based on forcing a new deal

Hard to make a virtual voluntary virtual connection a HUGE deal.  No one but the handful of haters cares or thinks it’s a big deal

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Yeah dude but the 17th pick sucks. These WRs are suspect at best. We will get one more good year out of him and be able to get more next year.

But, from Douglas’ perspective, he’s going to burn a year of a rebuild with a disgruntled Jamal Adams because he’s not confident in his ability to draft a good player at 17? 

• Upvote 1

Let’s say the Jets trade Adams to Dallas and walk away from the first 3 rounds with these 6 guys added to the team:
OT Andrew Thomas
WR Denzel Mims
CB Damon Arnette 
EDGE Jonathan Greenard
OT Matthew Peart
RB Cam Akers

You’re telling me that you wouldn’t sign up for that right now?
I sure as sh*t would. Then go sign someone like Clayton Geathers to play the Jamal Adams role and give you 3/4 of the production at 1/6 of the price.

That kind of looks like a bunch of junk to me tbh.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Again, it’d wouldn’t have been a big deal if he didn’t show up. The big deal is why is this leaked through the most credible guy right before the draft. It didn’t have to be announced until right before or during the voluntary meetings. It came out now for a reason.

Who cares?  What does it do?  There’s leverage in who’s mind for missing these logins how exactly?  Especially when we don’t know why or the Jets care.  Missing these online meetings arent going to do a thing for anyone.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets leaked this, it was for the purpose of saying Jamal is on the block

Had that thought but wondered why the Jets would include the part about them having not made an offer.  Would think they'd want it to be 100% good look for the fans and leave that out.