One Big Fat Jamal Adams Thread, It's All The Same Discussion, Anyway (MERGED ELEVENTY-BILLION)

Serious question. If you are quarantined and can't leave the house, as a player how could you skip a voluntary meeting? Most of us are begging for zoom invites because the paint on the wall is dry and we are bored.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

You can absolutely hold out, skip programs, do what's in your best interest.  Perhaps you should.

You can't sell yourself as a team-first, leader, cheerleader, etc, and do so.

Don't think it's so black and white. What if Jamal believes the Jets are treating its players unjustly? Everyone is the hero of their own story.

Mods feel free to merge (into any of the other Jamal Adams threads lol).

I only created this thread as a way of mocking ANOTHER JAMAL ADAMS THREAD despite it being voluntary (free country) and despite there already being plenty of other Jamal threads that could've posted that knew jerk reaction thread (within). 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm sure he'll be devastated when he gets word.

Knowing Jamal and how he acts by pouting over rumors of him being shopped, whining on twitter and other social media, yeah he would be devastated by some unknown person saying something about him.

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Do the cowboys even have the cap space to sign Jamal to a record breaking deal if they are indeed the team that trades for Jamal? They just gave huge dollars to cooper and still have to sign their QB to a huge deal. 

They’re going to have Travis Frederick’s money to spend, iirc.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re going to have Travis Frederick’s money to spend, iirc.

Good point. Also, didn’t Douglas ask for one of their pro bowl lineman in return for Jamal at the deadline? I’d imagine he’s going to ask for the same 2nd time around.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't think it's so black and white. What if Jamal believes the Jets are treating its players unjustly? Everyone is the hero of their own story.

Then, I'll await his messaging on why skipping this workout, and making it public, is for the good of all the players.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Mods feel free to merge (into any of the other Jamal Adams threads lol).

I only created this thread as a way of mocking ANOTHER JAMAL ADAMS THREAD despite it being voluntary (free country) and despite there already being plenty of other Jamal threads that could've posted that knew jerk reaction thread (within). 

different topics.  the last jamal thread was about the cowboys interested and potential trade.  this topic was about your fearless leader skipping VOLUNTARY workouts.

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Good point. Also, didn’t Douglas ask for one of their pro bowl lineman in return for Jamal at the deadline? I’d imagine he’s going to ask for the same 2nd time around.

I think the rumor of asking for Smith or Martin was a Jerry creation meant to cover for why he couldn’t close the deal for Adams. The Jets opening offer was a one and two 2’s, and Jerry ended up offering the one and Anthony Brown. This is how Jerry got Amari Cooper—he floods the media with crazy rumors, gets fans on both sides ginned up, then tries to short-change the team he’s dealing with at the end so it comes off looking like he won the trade. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It indicates either

1) Trade me if you’re not going to extend me (if the leak is from Adams’s).

or

2) Adams is available for a trade (if the leak is from the Jets).

There is always a reason these things go public. We don’t have to trade Adams he’s under team control for 3 years but why not get a max return on him rather than spend $20 million over the next 3 years for him to leave anyway. I like Adams as a player, I think there are incorrect statements about his game in all of these threads. However, if we’re worried about roster construction I wouldn’t mind moving on from him for short and long term gains

Or it means he has something else to do, informed the team and he’s not making a point.   

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If there’s a team that would trade for Jamal it’s the raiders, who have multiple 1st rounders and more picks in later rounds.  

Idk man I’d probably pull the trigger for Jamal at 12 if they offered it straight up. You’re probably  leaving the draft with a stud LT and WR at that point. I don’t see them offering much more than 12 either if they even did 

17 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Do the cowboys even have the cap space to sign Jamal to a record breaking deal if they are indeed the team that trades for Jamal? They just gave huge dollars to cooper and still have to sign their QB to a huge deal. 

JD should try to pry away Tyron Smith along with the 17 pick. That would free up the cap money for the Cowboys.