I've never seen this before as a Jets fan

AFJF

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes I believe I have the resume and draft order for each org. correct

You don't.

He was With Chicago for the 2016 draft

Report: Eagles to hire Bears' Joe Douglas to personnel position

The Eagles could be close to filling an open position in their front office.

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reported Saturday night that the Eagles are expected to name Chicago Bears scout Joe Douglas as personnel director and that an announcement on the hiring will come Monday.

The Chicago Tribune first reported last week that Douglas was a "very strong candidate" for the Eagles' open position.

Douglas was the first known new candidate to interview with the Birds for the position under Howie Roseman after they halted the search process following the hiring of Doug Pederson as head coach.

Last season was Douglas' first with the Bears after spending 15 seasons with Baltimore Ravens.

1 9 Leonard Floyd  OLB Georgia From Buccaneers
2 56 Cody Whitehair *  G Kansas State From Seahawks
3 72 Jonathan Bullard  DE Florida  
4 113 Nick Kwiatkoski  ILB West Virginia From Rams
4 124 Deon Bush  S Miami (FL) From Seahawks
4 127 Deiondre' Hall  CB Northern Iowa From Patriots
5 150 Jordan Howard *  RB Indiana  
6 185 DeAndre Houston-Carson  S William & Mary  
7 230 Daniel Braverman  WR Western Michigan

Which is why there are zero excuses for the 2020 Jets offense.

Between JD & Gase, they must field a potent offense this year. If not it means one or both of them screwed up royally. Which rightly or not will = Gase’s seat becoming scalding hot or taken from him altogether.

Then again Chris Johnson seemingly loves Gase, so who knows if he’ll judge his coach based on results, and nothing else. After all he basically behaved like the Jets secured the division and a first round bye upon finishing the season 7-9 in Buffalo, beating the NFL powerhouse Bills’ back ups.

Competent regimes turn around an offense/team after more than 1 year on the job. 2020 Jets offense, no excuses. 

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

Maybe some of  you who pre-date those of us who started watching in the late 80's have seen this before, but I know I can't recall having a GM having this much going for him:

- A franchise QB

- In position to draft 10-year starter at LT while position is a critical need

- In position to draft several receivers in a class with up to 30 projected starters while it's huge need

- Several projected starting interior OL available in rd 2-4

- Rougly $100 million to play with in FA next season

- Versatile All-Pro player who will be a building block on defense for years to come, or turn in to draft assets, including an additional 1st rounder

calling a kid who has been bottom 6 his first 2 years...    a franchise QB? doesnt work for me,.

Been a while since a draft actually sets up nicely for our team.  From what I've learned it seems this draft is very strong at OL and WR.  Exactly what we need (in addition to corner and edge).  With our picks, and I suspect Joe D will trade back to get more than we have today, we can come away with really good players at positions of need....without reaching.  I think we'll get a LT, C, WR, WR, CB that will help us this year.  That's big.

Our needs usually don't line up with where the draft is strong.  This year is different.

This is a good thing.  We have a chance here.  

• Upvote 3

Agreed.  Good to see a fair and positive post lol.  Yes Douglas is we up pretty nice this year.  The Leo trade looks even better now because having that extra high third will come in handy in this draft which is deep in WR.  He still may able able to trade down get the player he wants and get more draft capital 

Other teams will take advantage of the depth in receivers and tackles, but not many have the same scope for improvement as we do. Now a lot of that has to do with how bad our roster is, but the point remains. If Jeudy goes to the 49ers, they improve slightly. Jeudy goes to the Jets, we improve dramatically. 

Every team's roster should be better this time next week. But teams like the Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, etc can close the gap on becoming competitive if they draft wisely. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

Maybe some of  you who pre-date those of us who started watching in the late 80's have seen this before, but I know I can't recall having a GM having this much going for him:

- A franchise QB

- In position to draft several receivers in a class with up to 30 projected starters while it's huge need

- Versatile All-Pro player who will be a building block on defense for years to come, or turn in to draft assets, including an additional 1st rounder

You had me until .....Versatile

This team has had lots of opportunities to improve itself over the years.  Opportunity hasn't been our problem.  It's seizing the opportunity and turning it into success that's eluded this franchise for decades.  

You can get a pitch at 80 mph right over the middle of the plate.....but you need a guy who can hit it.  Let's hope Joe D. is the guy.

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think it’s really cool that people can get so excited about things that haven’t happen yet.  

Hey if the Raiders can go from the 32 rank team in corporate partnership, to the top three .   https://lvsportsbiz.com/2020/04/11/raiders-corporate-partnership-commitments-soar-from-32nd-to-top-three-thanks-to-new-stadium-las-vegas-move/    Anything possible .

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Hey if the Raiders can go from the 32 rank team in corporate partnership, to the top three .   https://lvsportsbiz.com/2020/04/11/raiders-corporate-partnership-commitments-soar-from-32nd-to-top-three-thanks-to-new-stadium-las-vegas-move/    Anything possible .

They taking your team and turning it into a theme park in Vegas. There will be more tourist than Raiders fans at the games and it won’t even be close  Guess your right, that will be a huge improvement. 

On 4/19/2020 at 4:59 AM, AFJF said:

- A franchise QB

you forgot best NFL Fan site, Forum and staff writers