One Posters Plea to the Members of JN

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

There’s no sports to watch or talk about so that doesn’t leave much outside of boobs and cooking. We can combined them and talk about Jeffrey Dahmer.

Problem with that is, most of the best ones worth talking about now are synthetic. Not sure there are any good recipes for that.

• Haha 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

Seriously. The whole point of the thread was to not talk about this or the virus or anything else that’s been best to death on social media and the news. 

Sticking your fingers in your ears and not wanting to hear the truth is the problem.  The NFL could have been a catalyst to change, instead they were a resisting force to necessary change.  And now it's on the forefront again because players all around the league will be taking a knee again.   It's relevant and running and hiding from it is the problem. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Seriously. The whole point of the thread was to not talk about this or the virus or anything else that’s been beat to death on social media and the news. 

"Beat to death".  I saw what you did there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sticking your fingers in your ears and not wanting to hear the truth is the problem.  The NFL could have been a catalyst to change, instead they were a resisting force to necessary change.  And now it's on the forefront again because players all around the league will be taking a knee again.   It's relevant and running and hiding from it is the problem. 

There’s plenty of other threads for you to talk about it. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I, along with many others agree with you. But the owner of the site and the mod team made it clear they don't want this kind of content on a Jets Football forum. Don't have to agree with it but try to respect it. There are many other places and outlets to discuss these very relevant topics.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The forces against change fought a rear guard action to reinforce the dam and as a result when the dam broke it has broken more completely than if they has not even tried.  In one sense there is a direct line from one to the other.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

So you’re trying to get this one locked as well?

Why would my comments get the thread locked?  This is a league issue now.  We're here talking about the NFL 

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I, along with many others agree with you. But the owner of the site and the mod team made it clear they don't want this kind of content on a Jets Football forum. Don't have to agree with it but try to respect it. There are many other places and outlets to discuss these very relevant topics.

I didnt see the mods say we couldnt talk about this issue.  They said dont make it political.  I havent mentioned anything political.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JiF said:

Why would my comments get the thread locked?  This is a league issue now.  We're hearing talking about the NFL 

I didnt see the mods say we couldnt talk about this issue.  They said dont make it political.  I havent mentioned anything political.  

Give it 5 minutes 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Give it 5 minutes 

lol, that's not my fault then, I wont go there. I'm making this about the NFL.  I havent said anything about anything else, simply bring up that the NFl now faces this issue again and its going to be much more serious this time around.  They cant black ball the entire NFL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Seriously. The whole point of the thread was to not talk about this or the virus or anything else that’s been beat to death on social media and the news. 

Seriously the whole point was to get away from this garbage. Stop with the nonsense.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

In other news a friend of mine decked a non-mask wearing customer in a liquor store today.

My friend confronted him about not wearing a mask and the guy came at him.  My friend is in his 50s but he is also a former golden gloves champ and put the guy down with one punch.  Part of me thinks that was the wrong thing to do but a bigger part is 100% supportive.  The fellow left the store apparently without completing his liquor purchase.  Poor baby.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1