Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I, too, would like to see @Losmeister consider, maybe, cutting down on the frequency of his Darnold bashing posts, but I can’t say his concerns aren’t valid. I can say that I know he’s a Jet fan. 

Thanks, Slats. I am just worried AF that we missed with Sam. Would I have bought the season ticket and watched the damned games these last 2 years of i wasn;t persuaded by JN that this kid was special? I dont think so. 

Sam is a great kid. Am sure his head and his heart are in it. I wish for his success not just for me and my suffering as a Jet fans but for all Jets fans and THEIR suffering.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

if you watched the games....    you woulda noticed that he doesnt deal with pressure well....

There are all types of different pressure. From what I’ve read Sam does well against pressure from the edge (sliding and moving up in pocket) it’s pressure up the middle when he can’t step up/throwing off back foot) is where his accuracy sucks. Our OL was a sieve in the middle. 

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

That’s the pressure ranking or overall?  I would disagree with that as an overall ranking. Remember his mobility was really bad when he came back. Not sure if he was told not to run or what but he didn’t get rid of the ball fast enough.  Even romo called it out, saying Robby was open all day Sam just didn’t get it to him

Wasn't he also wearing a flak jacket to protect his swollen spleen.....geesh some folks will ignore the other side of an argument just to make their SOJ point.  Jury is still out on Sam but circumstances do count.    

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Looks at this and add Travis Benjamin to the list I believe.  Actually worse than our situation.  At least we have Crowder still healthy.

image.png

Nuts Man its inevitable that injuries are gonna occur with the way everything is. Week 1 is gonna be atrocious. 

I don’t think a lot of teams out there are rolling out good receivers for their QB when the top three outside receivers on the roster, arguably top four if you count Cager, are out with injuries. The only two healthy guys right now who we thought were making the roster are the two slots - Crowder and Berrios.

That’s coming from someone who was disappointed a second receiver wasn’t drafted earlier. I would’ve been happy if they drafted four receivers this year. Top 3-4 outside guys get hurt...it’s going to be ugly regardless.

• Upvote 1