Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wasn't he also wearing a flak jacket to protect his swollen spleen.....geesh some folks will ignore the other side of an argument just to make their SOJ point.  Jury is still out on Sam but circumstances do count.    

Yes, this aspect of that was acknowledged by basically everyone who was in on that discussion. 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

most of you all were chirping about Perriman is better than Robby, dude cant get on the field...

i know RA has limitation and is a WR2/3...   

I thought Mims was a good pick and can make impact at this level.,..

Is Perriman on the field?

Mims?

What do either have to do with what the point of the thread is, today scrimmage.  

And your constant, over the top, totally wrong harping on Sam

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This has probably been discussed, but Poole had to be a Covid case right?  2 weeks for dehydration?  Wasn't even on sidelines for a good portion of his missed time? 

So youre saying the Jets lied and hide a COVID-19 case from everyone?

Dehydration isnt a case of you just need a drink and youre good ailment every time

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

30 other teams were apparently MIA on the Hopkins trade.  Not sure why, but I can think of at least a dozen teams who should have jumped at the chance to add him for a 2nd rounder + an oft-injured, over-the-hill player.  The Bills paid more than that for Diggs.  So there's quite possibly more to that situation than appears on the surface but I don't know what it is so I can't defend it but I'm not killing JD over that for now.

There wasn't exactly a ton of good WRs on the market this year.  But you did manage to ignore Doctson, Cager, Campbell and Hogan.  Now maybe they won't amount to much collectively, but other than taking Morgan in the 4th over another WR, I'm not sure exactly how much more he *could* have done this offseason.  If he grossly overpaid for a mid-level guy, that would have brought a different chorus of boo-birds out of the woodwork.

WR is a problem.  But Perriman, Mims, V. Smith and Cager all being sidelined by injury this early, and Doctson opting out were not within the bounds of what we might have reasonably expected.  Pretty close to worst-case.  Unless you look at SF, who has 7 WRs out with injury currently.

Both can be true. JD can be good at this job, but still missed the boat when it came to addressing WRs.

(more of a general statement) it doesn't need to be JD is either 100% amazing or the worst FFS... yes, he's given us a glimpse of true competency with trades and a good draft... he also still has areas of his game to work on. The WR situation was not handled properly, period. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Both can be true. JD can be good at this job, but still missed the fcking boat when it came to addressing WRs.

(more of a general statement) it doesn't need to be JD is either 100% amazing or the worst FFS... yes, he's given us a glimpse of true competency with trades and a good draft... he also still has areas of his game to work on. The WR situation was not handled properly, period. 

Beat me to it. 

I'm not down on JD.  I just think he botched this season when it came to addressing WR.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The WR situation was not handled properly, period. 

I'm 50/50...   if RP and BM were routinely practicing and making plays...   would you still think he had not addressed it properly?

The Niner GM has not handled his WR properly?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

This Darnold crap is making this place borderline unreadable.
Two camps.  Camp 1 thinks he can do no wrong and there are no signs of concern.  That is not true.  Camp 2 thinks Patrick Mahomes could walk right into this same situation an all the sudden the Jets are a terrific offense and Mahomes looks exactly does with the Chiefs.  That's also not true.
I for one think Darnold has done very well given the cards he's been dealt.  He's still got a long way to go and he may never get there. 

The missed throws are what concerns me. His deep ball accuracy is also questionable at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

There's no telling if he was wide open, open or well covered...

accurate passers can complete passes to WRs who are reasonably well covered...

other QBs do it

I suggest that our QB may have made some very accurate throws, that would render the coverage irrelevant...

and I get a thumbs down...  crazy....

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I'm 50/50...   if RP and BM were routinely practicing and making plays...   would you still think he had not addressed it properly?

The Niner GM has not handled his WR properly?

god, leave the 49ers out of it FFS...  on healthy day, would have Deebo, Hurd, Ayiuk, Taylor, Pettis, kittle etc.  They invested a lot of capital into the skill position players. Injuries happen.

Our situation does NOT mirror theirs. We've invested ONE pick into skill position players around Sam. We've got NOTHING behind our "signature" signing of a Perriman. Yea that guy who's played now on 4 teams in 3 years. 

Just no. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Idk about this one but yeah I’m with you about our WR situation. I know giving up good draft capital isn’t ever ideal but getting an actual NFL WR with it is just as good. He needed to make a trade for one before Training Camp even started. Like JD a lot. Really don’t like how he’s handling this.

3 of our top WR's are injured with minor injuries, they happen, they had no offseason, it's been two friggin weeks.  This is not a "OMG what the hell is JD doing" thing, this is 3 damn players at the top of the depth chart at one position thing.  People need to relax.  What GM in the league is going to make roster decisions before camp starts to guard against multiple players going down at one position?  The answer is none, the panic and hysteria is stupid!

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

most of you all were chirping about Perriman is better than Robby, dude cant get on the field...

i know RA has limitation and is a WR2/3...   

I thought Mims was a good pick and can make impact at this level.,..

Are you even a jet fan...it seems all you do is espouse negative comments.  If you do not like the team then find another... BTW fact is when you OL is still not properly pass protecting - at least two sacks in practice today maybe more and your WRs are castoffs or UDFA what the hell do you expect?  No OTA, no Mini-camp , CORVID regime... and AG who in my opinion is the key...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

You guys banging on Darnold is just stupid.

He's throwing passes to guys he met two days ago

BTW I heard Lamar Jackson absolutely sucked in the Ravens scrimmage.

If you're not a fan of this team then why bother?

Perfectly said.  And those talking about Trevor Lawrence, I mean, the level of stupidity with that talking point...

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The success or failure of this team is 100% on Darnold’s shoulders this year and everyone is anxious about that fact. Having to draft a QB next year would be soul-crushing for everyone.

True but with all these injuries, there’s only so much darnold can do.  You look around the league and you see so many young impact players.  When are the jets going to have someone like mims or Q actually kick ass from the start of their careers?

• Upvote 2