Kelechi looks amazing

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's just another savvy football player figuring out a way to game the NFLPA rules.  Like Mevis and Jamee.

Sign big contract with Raiders.  Disgruntled, hint hint at a trade.  Wind up in New York.  Feign a phantom surgery and create a rift.  Wind up a free agent on a Super Bowl team.

SAR I

Finessing cash out of teams. He’ll jerk the Chiefs off too. Major dog.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

And **** Matt Harmon, too. Half the dude’s Twitter feed is egregiously bad WR prospect takes and the other half is pictures of his weight loss, except he conveniently leaves out that looks like Dwight Schrute’s ugly younger brother whether he’s skinny *or* fat. 

beavis_butthead2.gif.fff36cf401cfad3a5870ac0c9fe79bc3.gif

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He signed a $60 mil deal with the Raiders, plays three years there until the guaranteed money ran out, dogged it to the point of getting dumped on the Jets for a fifth, sucked for three games, claimed he was injured, then took his $40 mil earned and went home because the Jets didn’t want to pay him $12 mil to sit on IR and then leave as a free agent. **** this guy

I’m thinking these players aren’t that smart - they basically act on their agents advice. So it appears that players agents loved them some Mac!

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I’m thinking these players aren’t that smart - they basically act on their agents advice. So it appears that players agents loved them some Mac!

When you're a kid hoping to make $100K when you grow up and suddenly you've got $40 million in the bank, money is no longer a concern.  The guy wanted to play for a winner or not play at all.  He manipulated two teams, manipulated his freedom, and is now on his way to the Super Bowl.

He's just doing this for fun now.  It's not about the money because he doesn't need any more money.  We've seen this first hand too often.  When you don't like the players you can at least like the team, but when the players betray you time and time again, you start to dislike the team too.  The NFL needs to put a stop to these manipulations.  The Revis/Adams/Osemele loopholes need to be closed.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

When you're a kid hoping to make $100K when you grow up and suddenly you've got $40 million in the bank, money is no longer a concern.  The guy wanted to play for a winner or not play at all.  He manipulated two teams, manipulated his freedom, and is now on his way to the Super Bowl.

He's just doing this for fun now.  It's not about the money because he doesn't need any more money.  We've seen this first hand too often.  When you don't like the players you can at least like the team, but when the players betray you time and time again, you start to dislike the team too.  The NFL needs to put a stop to these manipulations.  The Revis/Adams/Osemele loopholes need to be closed.

SAR I

I agree that these manipulations need to stop. I don't think the players play just for fun - its a job and a hard job Im sure - but its all these kids have done since they were 12-14 years old. This is all they know. Sure they want to play for winners so I imagine they instruct their agents to get them the most money they can on the best team they can. Some agents are downright dirty and know what teams and GM's they can take advantage of and Mac and the Jets were at the top of their lists. Teams play dirty also Im sure - like sitting a player that needs 1 more TD to get a big bonus. Its all big time business and when our team has a poor GM like Mac - well - we lose! in more ways than one.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

CJ Mosley might be looking at that as a blueprint.

"Might"???

I think you nailed it.  I actually think Mosley will never play another down for the Jets having robbed the Jets more than blind using that moron j...off Maccagnan who should have "Sucker" tattooed on his forehead as his conduit.  It's actually already there in invisible ink, but everyone can still see it, except the dumbest owner maybe in NFL history....Silverspoon Johnson.

Proves the old adage more than correct..."You can steal way more with a pencil and/or a line of sh*t than you can with a gun".

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan was an agent’s wet dream

How many times did that Stumblebum bid against himself? hahahhaha.

It's actually not surprising since almost nobody in NFL exec suites knew the guy even after 5 drafts.  He supposedly stayed locked in his office most of the time.  As horrific a job as he did, you wonder what the f**k he was doing in there.  The rest of the Jet FO was basically rudderless for 5 years.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

CJ Mosley might be looking at that as a blueprint.

Funny that as I was reading down the thread this is exactly what I thought, exactly when you posted it!

I think it's pretty obvious. I also think maybe this is why certain players get jettisoned ASAP from Gase teams?

Unfortunately this Is The New Normal for SOME second contract guys. I also think JD is wise to it hence the type of players he's brought in here and the structure of the contracts.

I think it's sad as I've been known to wax poetic about younger guys that are just trying to realize their dream and make it in the NFL and play the game of football.

Some of the older dudes set a bad example by playing a more calculated game. I personally would have no respect for the guy next to me faking an injury and not giving his all, or holding out while I'm killing myself to trying to make the team. I think that's bad character.

Sniff em' out Gase!

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He signed a $60 mil deal with the Raiders, plays three years there until the guaranteed money ran out, dogged it to the point of getting dumped on the Jets for a fifth, sucked for three games, claimed he was injured, then took his $40 mil earned and went home because the Jets didn’t want to pay him $12 mil to sit on IR and then leave as a free agent. **** this guy

If the Jets and Douglas want to change the culture these types of guardrails need to be in place to weed out these types of players and avoid these situations. The draft process probably needs to be a bit more thorough as well. Half the team being hurt right now is a not a good sign either.