Kelechi looks amazing

Who cares. KO playing hard last year wouldn't of saved us anyway. Agents looked at Macc & the Jets like slimebags who took advantage of the PPP program. Only difference is the governments is coming for them whereas the NFLPA will look the other way regarding gaming the system feigning injury or not disclosing an injury. (This could be a huge issue), and it puts teams in a precarious situation calling out a player publically for sitting out with injury.

Just to review what actually happened. The following are the facts without opinion:

The Jets accept the trade, knowing that ko has a torn labrum (this is the original sin)

Ko says he needs surgery and gets 5 doctors to agree

The Jets doctors disagree and at one point send blank mri reports.

Ko gets his surgery without team support.

The team fines him game checks.

Ko (and David fales btw) file injury grievance claims with the league and the union

The Jets lost their claim. They had to give ko his game checks back.

So... Simple question at which point did ko handle this wrong?

Please stop.  This is the half ass take of all half ass takes.  Osemele wasn't even in playing shape when he got here.  Gase didn't ruin sh*t.  We are talking about con artist playing the angles.  Not a player having a falling out with his coach.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Just to review what actually happened. The following are the facts without opinion:

The Jets accept the trade, knowing that ko has a torn labrum (this is the original sin)

Ko (and David fales btw) file injury grievance claims with the league and the union

The trade would have never gone through if he failed his physical. Therefore, I doubt these are the “facts” (I also highly doubt you would have access to the facts). 

Here’s another possible scenario: KO used the Jets as a year to heal his body while still getting paid. He probably saw what was coming and wanted no part of it.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Adam Gase is so awful he even made Kelechi Osemele quit on the Raiders before coming to the Jets

No Raiders changed the blocking scheme from man on man blocking scheme ( K Osemele best suited for) to a zone blocking scheme.( was a poor fit in that blocking scheme).  The Jets should have known this , as they were a zone blocking scheme.  ( have no one but themselves to blame).

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Stopped right there, makes no sense.  If it doesnt make sense its not fact without opinion.

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

The trade would have never gone through if he failed his physical. Therefore, I doubt these are the “facts” (I also highly doubt you would have access to the facts). 

Here’s another possible scenario: KO used the Jets as a year to heal his body while still getting paid. He probably saw what was coming and wanted no part of it.

It’s also a possibility that the Jets doctors missed some stuff in KO’s initial physical and were trying to cover their ass by challenging the claims of KO.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He signed a $60 mil deal with the Raiders, plays three years there until the guaranteed money ran out, dogged it to the point of getting dumped on the Jets for a fifth, sucked for three games, claimed he was injured, then took his $40 mil earned and went home because the Jets didn’t want to pay him $12 mil to sit on IR and then leave as a free agent. **** this guy

You’re wrong Osemele signed his deal with no guarantees .( basically was year to year deal) He was going to get paid , as well as he played. When the Raiders signed Osemele they were a man on man blocking scheme.  Gruden came in third year of his contract , and switched to zone blocking scheme.    ( Osemele is poor fit for that blocking scheme.   If Gase ran a man blocking scheme the trade would have been a steal for the Jets.  He doesn’t and someone screwed up by not knowing he sucks in a zone blocking scheme.( next time do your homework Jet FO.

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I dont think he handled it wrong. I said he did everything within his power to get the surgery, guarantee he was paid and get off the Jets as soon as possible.  My problem is that framing Gase as the reason for the disconnect that led to Osemele's situation is plain wrong.  Which side of the situation, his story or the team's,  you believe is up to you.  But saying "oh there's another player Gase ruined..." that's crap.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

"Might"???

I think you nailed it.  I actually think Mosley will never play another down for the Jets having robbed the Jets more than blind using that moron j...off Maccagnan who should have "Sucker" tattooed on his forehead as his conduit.  It's actually already there in invisible ink, but everyone can still see it, except the dumbest owner maybe in NFL history....Silverspoon Johnson.

Proves the old adage more than correct..."You can steal way more with a pencil and/or a line of sh*t than you can with a gun".

Try telling that to Josh Bellamy right now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You’re wrong Osemele signed his deal with no guarantees .( basically was year to year deal) He was going to get paid , as well as he played. When the Raiders signed Osemele they were a man on man blocking scheme.  Gruden came in third year of his contract , and switched to zone blocking scheme.    ( Osemele is poor fit for that blocking scheme.   If Gase ran a man blocking scheme the trade would have been a steal for the Jets.  He doesn’t and someone screwed up by not knowing he sucks in a zone blocking scheme.( next time do your homework Jet FO.

uh, don't the chiefs run a zone blocking scheme?  i thought they said so in the broadcast.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Funny that as I was reading down the thread this is exactly what I thought, exactly when you posted it!

I think it's pretty obvious. I also think maybe this is why certain players get jettisoned ASAP from Gase teams?

Unfortunately this Is The New Normal for SOME second contract guys. I also think JD is wise to it hence the type of players he's brought in here and the structure of the contracts.

I think it's sad as I've been known to wax poetic about younger guys that are just trying to realize their dream and make it in the NFL and play the game of football.

Some of the older dudes set a bad example by playing a more calculated game. I personally would have no respect for the guy next to me faking an injury and not giving his all, or holding out while I'm killing myself to trying to make the team. I think that's bad character.

Sniff em' out Gase!

It's also why Bill Belichick succeeds by cutting his best players in their prime and never shelling out big contracts.  He would rather have a locker room full of passionate hard workers than primadonna's looking for a paycheck.  To a lesser extent, the Ravens too, how many great defensive players have they lost over the years while consistently being in the playoff conversation?

Douglas is following a similar blueprint, Gase seemingly feels the same way.  It's hard to figure out which elite players actually want to play after they cash a $20M check.  The Jets have been a virtual clearing house for these types, it has to stop.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's also why Bill Belichick succeeds by cutting his best players in their prime and never shelling out big contracts.  He would rather have a locker room full of passionate hard workers than primadonna's looking for a paycheck.  To a lesser extent, the Ravens too, how many great defensive players have they lost over the years while consistently being in the playoff conversation?

Douglas is following a similar blueprint, Gase seemingly feels the same way.  It's hard to figure out which elite players actually want to play after they cash a $20M check.  The Jets have been a virtual clearing house for these types, it has to stop.

SAR I

I was going to mention that too. BB was a master at it for years, sending whatever guy was expecting to get paid to Cleveland or Detroit purgatory for a 6th LOL

• Upvote 2

Adam gase is not to blame for the KO situation but the Jets doctors passed the trade despite knowing his shoulder was bad. Maybe Mac overruled the MD. Maybe They assumed he would drug up and play through it (for no extra money long term)

the original mistake was passing this player in the physical despite having a torn labrum. It can get better with rest but if memory serves he botched it up in tc.

Side note the Jets MD maybe learning slash going through turnover as they failed Ballage.

37 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No Raiders changed the blocking scheme from man on man blocking scheme ( K Osemele best suited for) to a zone blocking scheme.( was a poor fit in that blocking scheme).  The Jets should have known this , as they were a zone blocking scheme.  ( have no one but themselves to blame).

He got $25 million gtd upon signing with the Raiders and took $37.2Mm total from them in three years, then shut it down. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

He got $25 million gtd upon signing with the Raiders and took $37.2Mm total from them in three years, then shut it down. 

If I had $37,000,000 in the bank I would be planning my next BMW purchase and bidding on an estate in the Hamptons.  You wouldn't see me putting on a plastic helmet and running into a brick wall 100x a week for 20 weeks.

There comes a point where an athlete turns from "invincible warrior" to "a wealthy family man" and prioritizes himself over the team and I'm tired of the Jets falling for that act over and over again.  Let them pull that crap in Cleveland or Vegas and ruin those teams, thanks.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets and Douglas want to change the culture these types of guardrails need to be in place to weed out these types of players and avoid these situations. The draft process probably needs to be a bit more thorough as well. Half the team being hurt right now is a not a good sign either.

I’m not too worried about the draft class outside of Zuniga. They’re all allegedly self-starters and tough guys. Zuniga is worrisome because of the UF thing and that he’s unnaturally athletic for his body type, which doesn’t bode well. Mims, I think, when you look at the pictures, was 206 pounds at the Combine and he looks like he’s 220 now. Either someone put him on the juice or dude went buck wild in the gym during the five months in between. 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If I had $37,000,000 in the bank I would be planning my next BMW purchase and bidding on an estate in the Hamptons.  You wouldn't see me putting on a plastic helmet and running into a brick wall 100x a week for 20 weeks.

There comes a point where an athlete turns from "invincible warrior" to "a wealthy family man" and prioritizes himself over the team and I'm tired of the Jets falling for that act over and over again.  Let them pull that crap in Cleveland or Vegas and ruin those teams, thanks.

SAR I

the problem with this narrative is there KO was last night doing exactly that to win games

it's not that the Jets "fall for a free agent's act" it's that most free agents know better than to sign with this franchise and those who think they can change things realize how wrong they are very quickly 

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

normally i don't begrudge these guys getting their money. ( the nba and baseball players don't deserve half of what they get).  but these highly paid nfl players will only make it harder for the lunchpail guys who play every down but maybe aren't at the superstar talent level.  and then we are also seeing the slugs like wilky, trumaine and revis getting boatloads for their past performance and then they just mail it in.  i doubt if this will be addressed in the cba anytime soon.  the player's association just wants to squeeze more out of the owners without too much regard for where or how the money is spent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Who cares. KO playing hard last year wouldn't of saved us anyway. Agents looked at Macc & the Jets like slimebags who took advantage of the PPP program. Only difference is the governments is coming for them whereas the NFLPA will look the other way regarding gaming the system feigning injury or not disclosing an injury. (This could be a huge issue), and it puts teams in a precarious situation calling out a player publically for sitting out with injury.

Please keep politics out of this thread, thanks. 

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Note to self: SAR has less than $37M.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Could this quote be any more pathetic?  Osemele played what, 2 games?  The media narrative with Gase and the sheep who buy into it is just shameful and ridiculous.   

It's a perfect storm for the fantasy football world. The only thing the fantasy football world loves making fun of more than the Jets franchise is Adam Gase.

Until the Jets become a real offense it will continue.