Adams is a beast

kevinc855

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When he blitzes and doesn't get there, it puts an added strain on the rest of the defense.  That happened last night and all season long with the Jets last year.

Playing the run would be nice if it was the 1990s.

You don't give up two firsts, a 3rd, and an $18M+ per year contract to a player with Adams' skillset.

I still would like to see the evidence that he can only guard RBs and TEs.

I was a supporter of the Jamal Adams trade. JD made a good deal. But that doesn't mean Jamal Adams isn't a great player. Two things can be true at the same time.

The Jets defense looked better last year with Jamal Adams on the field putting that terrible "strain" on us then it has at any point so far this year. 

Adams played 959 snaps last year. He rushed the QB on 99 of them and dropped into coverage 517 times. He's not putting as much of a strain on the defense as you think he is. 

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I still would like to see the evidence that he can only guard RBs and TEs.

I was a supporter of the Jamal Adams trade. JD made a good deal. But that doesn't mean Jamal Adams isn't a great player. Two things can be true at the same time.

The Jets defense looked better last year with Jamal Adams on the field putting that terrible "strain" on us then it has at any point so far this year. 

Adams played 959 snaps last year. He rushed the QB on 99 of them and dropped into coverage 517 times. He's not putting as much of a strain on the defense as you think he is. 

The onus is on you to provide the evidence, not me.  You said he was excellent in coverage.  I presume you base this on some random PFF post?

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

Over the last 10 years, long enough to remove chance from the equation.

Which team has shown consistently superior judgement Seahawks or Jets?

Let's see, hmmm...that's a tough one.

All you Adams haters, "two good eyes, but you just don't see".

So would you trade the two 1sts and a 3rd back for Jamal?

History has shown trades like that tend to favor the team getting the picks, not the player.  Seattle can be a great org AND have gotten this one wrong, too.  It happens.  They don't do everything right.

I'm not feeling much of a difference tbqh. 

And the facts/numbers bear that out:

--Thru 2 games in 2020, Maye has 2 sacks, 10 solo tackles, 7 assists, 2 TFL, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Passes Defensed, 0 INT's

--Thru 2 games in 2020, Adams has 2 sacks, 14 solo tackles, 8 assists, 3 TFL, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 Passes Defensed, 0 INT's.

--Thru 2 games in 2019, Adams had 0 Sacks, 10 solo tackles, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 0 Forced Fumbles, 1 Pass Defensed, 0 INT's.

Lets be clear, Maye in 2020 is out-producing 2019 Jamal Adams thru 2 games, and is on-par with the 2020 Jamal Adams thru 2 games.

Jamal Adams is not our biggest problem in 2020. 

Our OFFENSE is.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Warfish said:

--Thru 2 games in 2020, Maye has 2 sacks, 10 solo tackles, 7 assists, 2 TFL, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Passes Defensed, 0 INT's

--Thru 2 games in 2020, Adams has 2 sacks, 14 solo tackles, 8 assists, 3 TFL, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 Passes Defensed, 0 INT's.

--Thru 2 games in 2019, Adams had 0 Sacks, 10 solo tackles, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 0 Forced Fumbles, 1 Pass Defensed, 0 INT's.

Lets be clear, Maye in 2020 in out-producing 2019 Jamal Adams thru 2 games, and is on-par with the 2020 Jamal Adams thru 2 games.

Our OFFENSE is.

And even if our defense was the bigger problem, Jamal Adams' presence wasn't going to fix sh*t.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lets be clear, Maye in 2020 is out-producing 2019 Jamal Adams thru 2 games, and is on-par with the 2020 Jamal Adams thru 2 games.

Our OFFENSE is.

Scream it from the rooftops, Warfish

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The onus is on you to provide the evidence, not me.  You said he was excellent in coverage.  I presume you base this on some random PFF post?

I base it off of PFF grading that judge every play a player plays. I don't what you grade it off of. I told you he was good in coverage.

You said he can only guard RBs and TEs. I don't know what you are basing that off of. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I base it off of PFF grading that judge every play a player plays. I don't what you grade it off of. I told you he was good in coverage.

You said he can only guard RBs and TEs. I don't know what you are basing that off of. 

PFF also said Kerry Rhodes >>> Jamal Adams.  So use that site at your own risk.  It won't always give you the conclusions that you want to hear.

PFF also doesn't distinguish between RBs, TEs and WRs.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our OFFENSE is.

Even if we accept these are these same player, more or less

one is 3 years younger and far more durable 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

PFF also said Kerry Rhodes >>> Jamal Adams.  So use that site at your own risk.  It won't always give you the conclusions that you want to hear.

PFF also doesn't distinguish between RBs, TEs and WRs.  

Yes, not everyone is going to agree with PFF. But again, when you say he can only cover TEs and RBs, I still don't see any evidence of that.

Kerry Rhodes was awesome for a while when he first came into the league.

We'll agree to disagree on Jamal Adams. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So would you trade the two 1sts and a 3rd back for Jamal?

History has shown trades like that tend to favor the team getting the picks, not the player.  Seattle can be a great org AND have gotten this one wrong, too.  It happens.  They don't do everything right.

Exactly. Nobody is trading that back for Adams right now. 
This Jets team doesn’t have the luxury for that type of player right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Even if we accept these are these same player, more or less

one is 3 years younger and far more durable 

Which is beyond the scope of what I wrote.

Safety does not move the needle.  They don't win games.  Adams didn't.  Maye, producing similarly, also does not.

TLDR:  We don't suck in 2020 because of trading Adams.  

That, along with the "we let Anderson walk/didn't want him" memes are dishonest, and wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Collinsworth notes that Adams changed Seattle’s mindset on defense because he makes plays all over the field. 

It’s a shame the smear campaign worked on so many people here 

lol just kidding it’s awesome because now it’s really easy to tell who knows anything about the NFL and who just follows the crowd 

The Seahawks have surrendered nearly 850 passing yards in two games.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which is beyond the scope of what I wrote.

Safety does not move the needle.  They don't win games.  Adams didn't.  Maye, producing similarly, also does not.

TLDR:  We don't suck in 2020 because of trading Adams.  

That, along with the "we let Anderson walk/didn't want him" memes are dishonest, and wrong.

If we accept "Suck" as a condition not Super Bowl bound, yeah ok 

I still believe it's better to be mediocre than winless. You're further away from the goal than before 

Adams is one player, Anderson is one player etc. All these "one players" add up to a real team 

3 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Jamal haters might be the most delusional people I've seen in a while.

Well, second only to people that like Gase.

Imagine going into the season being both and expecting anybody to take your opinion seriously.

Imagine thinking that a run stuffing Safety (that you'll have to pay 18-20 million) wins you games in 2020 and expecting anybody to take you seriously.

Could never be me.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Imagine thinking that a run stuffing Safety (that you'll have to pay 18-20 million) wins you games in 2020 and expecting anybody to take you seriously.

Could never be me.

Hmmmm.

And yet his current team is 2-0 and a much better organization than the jets pulled the trigger for him and believe he is worth 2 first rounders.

Who should I think is correct. An absolute clown show of an organization like the jets, a fan base that thinks perriman is better than Anderson, darnold is a franchise QB and that Bradley McDougald is secretly better than Jamal Adams or a team that's won the superbowl recently and been a contender year in year out for years.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Hmmmm.

And yet his current team is 2-0 and a much better organization than the jets pulled the trigger for him and believe he is worth 2 first rounders.

Who should I think is correct. An absolute clown show of an organization like the jets, a fan base that thinks perriman is better than Anderson, darnold is a franchise QB and that Bradley McDougald is secretly better than Jamal Adams or a team that's won the superbowl recently and been a contender year in year out for years.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Yes Jamal Adams is 2-0 because his defense has given up 800+ yards, not because of Russell Wilson.  Astute observation.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Even the Seahawks fans don't think he can cover.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/9/21/21448639/jamal-adams-seattle-seahawks-ne-patriots-julian-edelman-coverage-blair-diggs-safety-scheme-belichick

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Our OFFENSE is.

I am in no way going to give Williams a pass the first two weeks. He played one of the softest defense I have ever seen yesterday with the outside corners playing man off giving at least 5 yards of cushion. It was exploited an he never adjusted. If he have no ability to play press man or man with inside leverage it will be a tossup which side of the ball is worst this year.

• Upvote 1

When he blitzes and doesn't get there, it puts an added strain on the rest of the defense.  That happened last night and all season long with the Jets last year.
Playing the run would be nice if it was the 1990s.
You don't give up two firsts, a 3rd, and an $18M+ per year contract to a player with Adams' skillset.
... well based on the results of the trade I would say your categorically wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes Jamal Adams is 2-0 because his defense has given up 800+ yards, not because of Russell Wilson.  Astute observation.

Ah. So jets fans that have spent about an entire year downplaying Jamal Adams because we have a losing record with him, suddenly have an issue with using his teams win and losses now.

Weird!

39 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Ah. So jets fans that have spent about an entire year downplaying Jamal Adams because we have a losing record with him, suddenly have an issue with using his teams win and losses now.

Weird!

It's almost like having a Safety has absolutely no bearing on wins and losses, thus making them expendable luxuries.

Color me shocked.

• Upvote 2