Updated: All-Time Worst Jets Head Coaches List

Shea Jet

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Adam Gase has three more wins in a single season than Kotite had in two full seasons. Kotite is still the undisputed champion.

Disagree. Gase is SINGLEHANDEDLY RUINING a Potential Franchise Quarterback. The 96 Jets were tied or close in TEN games at Halftime. The '20 Jets trail 21-3 at Half in every game.

Kotite > Gase

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Rich Kotite FINALLY gives up the #1 spot, after holding it for 24 years. Congrats Rich!

1. Adam Gase

2. Rich Kotite

3. Todd Bowles 

4. Bruce Coslet

5. Charley Winner

First off how is Holtz not included? Secondly, Kotite was 4-28, if you include the last seven game of his Eagle tenure, he went 4-35. Gase is not doing a good job, but lets not be ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

First off how is Holtz not included? Secondly, Kotite was 4-28, if you include the last seven game of his Eagle tenure, he went 4-35. Gase is not doing a good job, but lets not be ridiculous.

Ruining a Franchise Quarterback,  or at the very least a Top 15-20 Quarterback,  gets him extra credit.

• WTF? 1

43 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets are the #1 franchise at outdoing themselves. They somehow went from Idzik to a much worse Maccagnan and from Todd Bowles to Adam Gase.

All 4 of these men have spanned an 8 year period which was probably the most destructive 8 year period for a franchise in NFL history. Joe Douglas has a YUGE hole to dig out of. 

Being a Jets fan means missing the guy we just rioted to guillotine as soon as we see the new dunce the team rolls out there 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Being a Jets fan means missing the guy we just rioted to guillotine as soon as we see the new dunce the team rolls out there 

I would never miss Idzik or Bowles. It’s just amazing how we can follow up a disaster decision, with an even worse one. We are the complete joke of the league for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I would never miss Idzik or Bowles. It’s just amazing how we can follow up a disaster decision, with an even worse one. We are the complete joke of the league for a reason. 

Not hiring McCarthy—an imperfect candidate anyone will grant—is the greatest unforced error in this franchise’s sorry history.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's a loyal supporter until the bitter end.

Imagine someone you love just gets diagnosed with a tumor. Supporting Gase is like rooting for the cancer. If you support the Jets, you want what is killing it cut out.

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Disagree. Gase is SINGLEHANDEDLY RUINING a Potential Franchise Quarterback. The 96 Jets were tied or close in TEN games at Halftime. The '20 Jets trail 21-3 at Half in every game.

Kotite > Gase

This is regency bias. Gase is awful, but nowhere near as bad as Kotite. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

You saying that ANY Human Being on the Planet is FAR WORSE than Gase just shows your extreme Ignorance. 

I am no Gase fan and I want him fired yesterday, but Holtz doesn't hold a candle to Gase, and that is not saying much for Gase. The Jets won three games with Holtz and the teams he beat were a combined 2-25 against the rest of the league.  He quit before the last game of the season. I'd be careful about calling other people ignorant, or extremely ignorant if your take is that Holtz is a better head coach than Gase. As inept as Gase is, he is objectively a better coach than Kotite and Holtz. He has more wins in one season that Holtz and Kotite combined in THREE years. You really don't have an argument. 

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is regency bias. Gase is awful, but nowhere near as bad as Kotite. 

Putting Gase, and "nowhere near as bad" with ANY Head Coach in the History of Football is an extremely Ignorant statement. Like,Greeny said " I wouldn't want him Coaching my 10-year old's Pop Warner team."

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I am no Gase fan and I want him fired yesterday, but Holtz doesn't hold a candle to Gase, and that is not saying much for Gase. The Jets won three games with Holtz and the teams he beat were a combined 2-25 against the rest of the league.  He quit before the last game of the season. I'd be careful about calling other people ignorant, or extremely ignorant if your take is that Holtz is a better head coach than Gase. As inept as Gase is, he is objectively a better coach than Kotite and Holtz. He has more wins in one season that Holtz and Kotite combined in THREE years. You really don't have an argument. 

Cant fix stupid...