Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Justin Jefferson...

jetstream23

We never had a shot at them

claypool is already off to the races (they all are sauf our guy) and I stand by thinking we should have taken one instead of trading back and then moved up to grab another. 

JD can make it up to me with a Freeman/Waddle + Pitts combo next April 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not about who was available. This is about how other teams find a way to get rookies to contribute.

I look forward to watching Mims, Zuniga, Ashtyn Davis, Bryce Hall, etc. today. 

Mims got hurt. I don't know what the point of this thread is. until we see Mims get on the field, play some games and fail miserably, there is no point to these kinds of threads. Its not like Mims had a history of hamstring or lower body injuries.  

Ashtyn Davis did not have a history of injuries. 

Bryce Hall was coming off a bad injury but thats the only reason we got him in the 5th round. So JD got great value. Fans just need to be patient with him. 

Zuniga is the only guy that JD rolled the dice on, knowing that the guy has trouble staying on the field and took him anyway. 

By the way, none of these guys are out for the season (apart from Hall who is a ?). Pretty much all of these guys are expected to be back next week.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Against the team. Re-read it again....slower this time. 

I read it perfectly the first time. My reading level was higher in the fourth grade than yours is now, I guarantee it. Now the question is, why did you name FOUR players that are injured and NONE that are not if that's not what you meant?

Of course watch the stupid bastard react with a laughing emoji because he doesn't know how to express what he means.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

claypool is already off to the races

I like Claypool and I think he will be a good player but his numbers are not THAT eye popping. He caught one bomb thrown perfectly to him from Big Ben and thats about it. You take that away and he has 4 catches, 43 yards, zero TDs. And look. you can't take anything away from him, but lets just chill with the impact that some of these guys are making.  

Ayuik hasn't been able to get in the endzone. 

Higgins hadn't done anything either until he scored a couple of TDs in todays game. 

I guess my point is that I can definitely see Mims with similar production if he was healthy the first two games.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I read it perfectly the first time. My reading level was higher in the fourth grade than yours is now, I guarantee it. Now the question is, why did you name FOUR players that are injured and NONE that are not if that's not what you meant?

Of course watch the stupid bastard react with a laughing emoji.

You seem like a reasonable person. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not about who was available. This is about how other teams find a way to get rookies to contribute.

I look forward to watching Mims, Zuniga, Ashtyn Davis, Bryce Hall, etc. today. 

Becton isnt contributing?  Jefferson and Aiyuk were 1st round picks for their respective teams.  Higgins was the 2nd for the Bengals but he was the 33rd player taken.  I mean, I get your point and it stinks Mims is hurt but these guys were taken closer to Becton than they were Mims.  And then to start listing 3rd and 4th and 5th round picks, I mean, come'on.  You're better than this.

Apologize. 

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

And Mims was actually rated higher than any of them for months on draft boards. How why did he fall? And it was all so sudden - just before the draft. 

Not sure but I'm not complaining, I liked him a lot as well.  Not sure why he fell but it wasnt because of an injury history, this seems flukey based on his college career. 

21 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Of course watch the stupid bastard react with a laughing emoji because he doesn't know how to express what he means.

Nobody curses out posters better than Gas Lives but dude cut down on the caffeinated passion smoothies. 

54CFB9D4-06C3-44D2-B149-6006B1CE8200.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not sure but I'm not complaining, I liked him a lot as well.  Not sure why he fell but it wasnt because of an injury history, this seems flukey based on his college career. 

Saw him interviewed pre-draft. Not for nothing but the guy isn’t exactly an Oxford Rhodes Scholar. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

We never had a shot at them

claypool is already off to the races (they all are sauf our guy) and I stand by thinking we should have taken one instead of trading back and then moved up to grab another. 

JD can make it up to me with a Freeman/Waddle + Pitts combo next April 

And T.J. Vasher from Texas Tech........

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don’t get this. jetstream is easily One of those non argumentative posters in the board. Are you having a hard time at home?